I'm going to exercise on the Bowflex!

sytaylor said:
Or one of the dogs bit through the wire from the router to the socket...
I don't use a router for Bubbles, she's got a straight connect to her own cable modem...the family shares the DSL thru the router and I only activate that connection anymore to transfer stuff to my families PCs.

But all my network cables have been chewed thru at least twice already, it only takes about 5 minutes to re-splice it together and it works fine..albeit a bit ugly.

digitalwanderer said:
Did good yesterday, I can still do sit-ups and banged out a whole bunch of sets and then abused my arms some more. The back of my biceps are throbbing this morning as are my titty-muscles (whatever you call the chest ones), as well as my tummy feeling tight (yet not painfully so) but my back hurts from 'em. (Which tells me I need to do more of them. )

That would be your pectorals. And soreness is good, but pain isn't necessarily indicative of a healthy workout. Stretch a lot this morning, but start out slow.

Yeah workout some more and you'll get to knwo the difference between worked muscle soreness and an overtrained muscle/injury. So long as you're "aware" of the tightness but not bothered by it, you should be about on track. When your pecs ache do you get the urge to stretch a lot? or is that just me?!

sytaylor said:
When your pecs ache do you get the urge to stretch a lot? or is that just me?!

I have a large chest and I stretch like crazy the day or two after, especially if I did pulls rather than presses.

I'm pretty sure it's just soreness. I feel a bit stiff and "tight" I guess would describe it, but stretching helps alleviate it and working out I can really feel it going away and getting worse at the same time...so I think it's a good thing. :)

One bad thing is some areas where my muslces feel "tight" I can feel the bruises slightly raised...like the bruise is a mass under my skin being forced up a bit by the muslce underneath. (I know, the bruise IS a mass under my skin, I was just describing it)

With all my bruises I'm getting bumpy... :???:

Oh, and I walked a mile yesterday outside for good measure....just to get some leg exercise too. I'll be adding that to my workout routine too.

John Reynolds said:
I have a large chest and I stretch like crazy the day or two after, especially if I did pulls rather than presses.
I was doing a lot of pulls from the overhead bar with a wide grip, feels incredibly good.

digitalwanderer said:
I was doing a lot of pulls from the overhead bar with a wide grip, feels incredibly good.

Don't know why that is, but yeah, I agree. All those big muscles getting to do their thing at the same time maybe?

I'm taking a weight training class at my college, started taking it late august.
The arms hurt so bad (and for liike a week) the first time.
It's much better now though, my arms only sore for a few days.

I really struggle to work my triceps still. I'm including dips (albeit with some resistance help because I'm not yet able to support my full weight). Working the full rotation and partial rotations of the elblow.... Yet a day later, nothing...

Dips...... UGH. Dips are the root of workout evil, IMO. When I work out (about an hour everyday except weekends and wednesdays, which is 2 mile run day) I do 20 dips with an extra 25 pounds added to my body weight. You will certainly notice the benefits of them soon, though I really dislike the soreness they cause sometimes.

What are "dips" and is it ok if I skip working out again today? I'm really kind of ouchy sore in my middle now right below the diaphram and me tummy feels all tight, and the back of my arms and forearms are sore and stiff as a mofo.....my forearm muscles are still all bulgy. :???: (I over did it on curls a bit earlier, I like curls. :oops: )

digitalwanderer said:
What are "dips" and is it ok if I skip working out again today? I'm really kind of ouchy sore in my middle now right below the diaphram and me tummy feels all tight, and the back of my arms and forearms are sore and stiff as a mofo.....my forearm muscles are still all bulgy. (I over did it on curls a bit earlier, I like curls.

Yes, rest. Muscle growth does not occur during the workout but from the rest in the days that follow. What you need to do is find a pattern of muscle groups you're comfortable working out so that you have at least a 30-minute workout 4-5 days/week.

sytaylor said:
I really struggle to work my triceps still. I'm including dips (albeit with some resistance help because I'm not yet able to support my full weight). Working the full rotation and partial rotations of the elblow.... Yet a day later, nothing...

Close grip bench press, is a fine exercise for the triceps. Grip the bar with hands 12-14 inches apart. You can normally use a weight that is around 60-80 pounds (22-36 kilos) lighter than your bench.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good luck Digi, like most things consistancy is the key to seeing results with any exercise program.

Lets get some stats here!
I can only do 70-80 pounds with the machine bench :oops:
One of the guys said the machine bench is harder then just a regular bench.. I hope so.
I'm at a 100 lb. cable front pull down and a 40 lb. tricep pulldown.
I do 60 with the leg curls and 80 with the leg extension, which burns nice and good on the 11th and 12th rep.
With the leg press, I started rather low so as not to hurt my self but added weight each time and I'm up to 400 pounds, however it's a pully system so it's easier than the real thing.
I like working out my legs since it really makes you sweat and raises your heart rate a ton.
Evidently leg work outs *leg presses* are really good for your whole body also since it's intense as hell.
I did 90 with the incline squt sliding deal.. taking it easy on that one for now.
The calf raise machine my school has only goes to 220 lbs which i do easily, like other guys there.

I noticed when I was doing arm curls my left forearm a spot felt wierd kinda near my wrist on the bottom (palm side) like it felt numb for a second.
What could that be?

Last edited by a moderator:
digitalwanderer said:
Oh no, no numbers yet....I just do whatever weights feel good and make me get sweaty.
Perhaps with your heart condition you shouldn't push your self :???:

Back