Halo character in...DOA

AlNom

Legend
http://bungie.net/News/TopStory.aspx?story=doaversushalo&p=4949519

Here's a snip:
Bungie has indeed been chatting with the good folks over at Team Ninja. We’re huge fans of DOA and Ninja Gaiden, and when Team Ninja approached us with an intriguing idea, well, we were intrigued. Naturally. Tomonobu Itagaki’s team is among the most talented in the games business, and we’ve SEEN the character in action. Words like, OMG, BBQ and Zoinks immediately come to mind. What they've done so far, is perfectly capture the essence of (insert crackpot theory here) and bring an element of Halo directly into the DOA world. It's cool. And by cool, I mean totally sweet.

Wonder who we'll see... They already mentioned in last weeks' Weekly Update that it won't be the Chief .

I was thinking the Brute for some reason. It seems like a "tongue-in-cheek" thing to do if they were to make it so that an "actor" for the Halo movie joins the DOA tournament wearing a Brute costume or maybe an Elite. Then again, the Elite is ~8'6" and the Brute is even taller. Compare that to the DOA girls who are more or less <5'4" except for Tina and Lisa. ;)

Anyhoo... I think it'll be nice to see a Halo character with roughly the same polygon count as the DOA characters.

Knowing Itagaki I think it will be cortana, she might fit right in the doa style, I thank anyone else would stand out to much

If its a female character, my guess would be Keyes daughter.

I want to see a Grunt though. :)

I also think it could be either Arbiter or an Elite maybe with an energy sword.

Keep in mind that the article mentions that the character would fit into the storyline in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way. :p

Cortana would be the easiest to fit into both storylines regardless, she is a hologram in Halo and as such could be based upon a historic figure, given that DOA is clearly set a long time before Halo then she's about the only suitable candidate.

Jon Brittan said:
Cortana would be the easiest to fit into both storylines regardless, she is a hologram in Halo and as such could be based upon a historic figure, given that DOA is clearly set a long time before Halo then she's about the only suitable candidate.

History apart... I think that the fact it's a "she" might play a part in the decision process... :devilish:

london-boy said:
History apart... I think that the fact it's a "she" might play a part in the decision process... :devilish:

Of course, but then, not all DOA characters are female and Bungie did say it would fit in to the storylines, even if tongue-in-cheek.

Jon Brittan said:
Of course, but then, not all DOA characters are female and Bungie did say it would fit in to the storylines, even if tongue-in-cheek.
Well, a hologram can't be touched... :LOL:

Get that? Look but not touch?! Kinda defies the purpose of.... Err.. ok i'll stop.

no no, do go on. :)

I won't accept an ancestor of Dr. Halsey who looks the same except with big boobies. Laaame imo.. :p

I think its funny how Tecmo sues its modding community then starts to steal their ideas.

Itagaki must have really liked this mod for DOAX

Christie_as_Cortana_Front.JPG

Of course, but then, not all DOA characters are female
Probably the only reason there even are male characters is to avoid looking as blatantly obvious as say, a Rumble Roses. But I mean... come on... the beach volleyball thing? Well, okay... there's Jann Lee, who's mainly there to fill in the hole of having the "Bruce Lee"-like character.

Yay!! I can finally post again, twas cruel.

Anyway, the difference between Rumble Rose and DOA is that the RR devs cop to it. THey know it's ero content helps fuel the game. They've talked about it openly and are honest. Itagaki on the other hand says things like (and I'm paraphrasing) "anyone, who looks at 'my girls' pervertedly are freaks". How he can say that with a straight face when DOA2 let you adjust the bounce of the girls is beyond me.

Jon Brittan said:

Read a Halo novel. :)

Cortana is created in the image of Dr. Halsey who created the AI.

Back