polyphonys new game : Tourist trophy

The website's live too at http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/tt/. Loads of pictures, don't think all of them are in-game really..

Anyway, I like Gran Turismo, and I'm quite sure I'll like this one too, but come on.. everything in the screenshots showing bike selection and in-game HUD scream "re-skinned GT4". Well ok re-skinned isn't the right word but you get my meaning. I guess they have to squeeze everything possible out of the original GT4, considering how long it took to make :)

Speaking of which, might as well play some GT4 right now.

Notice the disparity between in-game screens and PR-shots.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0510/game051003a.shtml

Notice how out of the first 8 pages of PR shots there are only 3 actual in game racing screens. I find it funny how people here so easily beleived that those PR shots were in game. I like Sonys strategy on making people think the PS2 has as good graphics as XBOX360. They know that many of thier fans are gullible enough to beleive it.

ps2xboxcube said:
Notice the disparity between in-game screens and PR-shots.

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0510/game051003a.shtml

Notice how out of the first 8 pages of PR shots there are only 3 actual in game racing screens. I find it funny how people here so easily beleived that those PR shots were in game. I like Sonys strategy on making people think the PS2 has as good graphics as XBOX360. They know that many of thier fans are gullible enough to beleive it.

Wow, I agree! I saw only 3 ingame pics, the rest are maxed out on AA and other tricks. I'd be embarrased to show such gimmicky screenshots....don't these guys have any shame? :)

ps2xboxcube said:
I like Sonys strategy on making people think the PS2 has as good graphics as XBOX360.
What on earth do you mean 'Sony's Strategy'? Pretty much every developer showcases their WIP's with insane AA and uber resolutions and unrealistic junk that'll never feature in game. This isn't a subversive Sony strategy but an industry-wide standard in releasing promotional material that many games have demonstrated regardless of platform. It's amazing how the conspiracy theorists hang onto this idea that every developer or game to do with Sony has Sony in the background dictating what they do and don't do. It's utter nonsense. Everyone with sense knows it's us mason's that really run the world, and not some trumped up Japanese tech company!

Acert93 said:
Of course in motion lighting and other subtle effects can really show a big difference. Prebaked graphics like on the current gen look nice... standing still.
I think GT4 was an excellent example of that. Some screenshots looked great, but in motion the repeated textures and jaggies/shimmer really made a difference. As long as your eye was on the car it looked very good, but start paying attention to the scenery and the limits really showed.

_phil_ said:
agreed for AA and camera angle ,but what other tricks ?

By tricks I mean photo mode(if there is one), zooming, motion blur, DOF, AA, AF.

I doubt there will be any motion blur or DOF during gameplay, I know it can be done......but we'll have to wait.........for the PS3 version! :)

EricVonZipper said:
By tricks I mean photo mode(if there is one), zooming, motion blur, DOF, AA, AF.

I doubt there will be any motion blur or DOF during gameplay, I know it can be done......but we'll have to wait.........for the PS3 version! :)

LOL, no.
DOF during gameplay is the worse idea on earth.

Back