DOOM movie

RussSchultz said:
I saw the trailer today.

Was anybody else repulsed with the thought of the FPS viewpoint for a movie?
Lots of folks liked "The Blair Witch Project".

My comment, of course, has nothing to do with the Doom movie.

I enjoyed it, it was fun without trying to be Citizen Kane. The FPS scene was done quite well too, I would say, especially the chainsaw parts.

I was disappointed they moved away from the Hell theme and just made it a Resident Evil On mars... with teh Rock!!1! flick. FPS bits were ok but it has too many holes in the plot that points to a constant rewrite that was never finalised. How did the "Hell Knight"? burn through the metre thick door then portal back to earth and then where did it go? Why did they even add that bit in? Then there's the bit with the black guy in the pit... that should have been part of the new rocky movie for how much punishment he took from something that was at least 10 feet tall and pissed!. I better stop there because I will ruin whatever is left of my 'enjoyment' in the movie.

Could have been better if they stayed on theme with what the name "Doom" is synonymous with.

I went to it with very very low expectations, and came out with a smile on my face. Thats worth the £8 fee in my book.

It doesnt really try to be too serious, and it has a few good links back to the Doom fans (Dr Carmac, Pinky, BFG, etc).

The fps part was fun and exciting. It was sort of like the alien view in Aliens. It was an interesting twist to get God Mode into the movie.

I think its either one of the best B films Ive seen, or a poor to mediocre A film. Ill probably buy in on DVD when it comes out for a good laugh every now and again.

I thought it was pretty good. Man, I loved the gore and the action. I was in stitches when the zombie soldier started smacking his skull on the window. And the imp stuck in the wall!? And the hellknight fight? Man that was great. :LOL:

I guess I just didn't take the movie seriously, and that's why I liked it. :)

Of course, yes terrible story, but I still think I'm going to get it on dvd. Everytime someone gets pwnd, I was laughin...wait....does that make me... evil?

(spoilers herein. you have been warned)
Like Ali I went watched it with just about the lowest expectations I've ever had of a movie.
And I was surprised that it didn't suck that bad. It was actually good enough for people to waste their time on imho.

But it sure had it's share flaws.. Dr. Carmack (ooh I got the urge to vomit at that reference), dna experimentation being the origin of the monsters, calling mars hell (like that'd make up for going away from the games story), the Rocks acting, poor dialogue, sister and brother surviving in that disgusting hollywoodstyle everything-ends-well ending, the pitfight... etc.

Watch it expecting nothing but a poor actionflick and you wont be that disappointed.

Could have been better if they stayed on theme with what the name "Doom" is synonymous with.
Pretty much sums it up for me.

Back