New Smallville!

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
WOW Now THAT was a good episode! After the brain tumour Lost gave me, this was healthy easy and very emotional entertainment, and i loved every single second of it!

MINOR SPOILERS:
Felt something in my throat when Chloe and Clark finally "talked" and also when Lana talked to him at the end...

And while we're at it... the end... SPIKE!!!! SPIKE!!!! YAY!!!! I knew he was gonna be on Smallville as Brainiac, but didn't think it was going to be this early!! The episode kinda reminded me of the first episode of the 5th season of Angel, where he also came out of "something" right at the end, only that time was some kind of amulet. Coincidence? Don't think so...

Karma Police said:
What's Smallville?

A show that I am sadly addicted to watching.

Yeah Clark finally telling Chloe was cool. What was with Lionel though? How did he know about Zod? (i think that is what he rambled on about).

mondoterrifico said:

Yeah Clark finally telling Chloe was cool. What was with Lionel though? How did he know about Zod? (i think that is what he rambled on about).

Is it about that Bruce Wayne guy?

mondoterrifico said:

Yeah, cos Chole knew all along ;)

Lionel.... were you asleep in the last of series 4? He had the stone when clark put the first/second piece into this slot to join them all up.

It glowed in his pocket and transferred him alot of intelligence. Remember the doc, who looked into the eye of the cave? Wow, my memory isnt that great. But he got loads of info about kyrton and that stuff.

Thing is, I bet he knows all about Clark. To be honest, I bet at the moment. Everyone except Lex knows about Clark. I would wager he founds out at the end of series 5. Series 6 will be him vs Clark.

Fine, I'm a bit late to the party, but just finished watching. Not bad! :D

Although I have to admit, despite being a big Michael Rosenbaum fan, I didn't like Lex' lines or plot involvement in this episode. Other than that, all good! :)

*Spoiler Time!*

So was it Brainiac or Zod at the end? When I saw the black goo, I thought 'Brainiac' (after thinking 'X-Files'). Then when it became Spike, I thought 'Zod' (smuggled along on the ship using some mad Black Goo Kryptonian technology). And technically, of course... it could be both!!!!

I was inclining towards Zod, though, because of the other two being the 'Disciples of Zod'.

*End of Spoilers!*

Edit: LOL! Not used to B3D's font sizes :D look what happened the first time I tried to shrink the text: SPOILERS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kryptonian Super-Villain. He tried to overthrow the Council and be the head honcho there. Superman's Dad was his enemy on Krypton. :)

I highly recommend watching Superman: The Movie :)

I wonder how Brainiac fits into the story. They certainly are changing things in the story a bit, but maybe he assisted Zod in the wars on Krypton (instead of Krypton being blown up as in the original story).

MuFu said:
Good ep apart from the X-Files rip. Argh!
A lot of the crew involved in Smallville also worked on the X-Files - amongst hundreds of tiring Superman movie in-jokes, there are also a couple of X-Files series nods through the seasons - I'd be surprised if they have a different special effects team, to be honest.

Didn't you get the 'Wall of Weird' link, the X-Files-esque Kryptonite-based mysteries through the first few seasons, or even that the music is by Mark Snow and that David Nutter has directed/produced his share of episodes? Not to mention the Cancerman (William B. Davis) being Mayor of Smallville, or the infamous (and hilarious) X-Files 'Man in Black' (Michael McKean) playing Perry White? :D

A lot of TV series share a few people (especially these kind of 'sci-fi' shows), but the X-Files and Smallville are particularly close. :)

PenguinJim said:
A lot of the crew involved in Smallville also worked on the X-Files - amongst hundreds of tiring Superman movie in-jokes, there are also a couple of X-Files series nods through the seasons - I'd be surprised if they have a different special effects team, to be honest.

Didn't you get the 'Wall of Weird' link, the X-Files-esque Kryptonite-based mysteries through the first few seasons, or even that the music is by Mark Snow and that David Nutter has directed/produced his share of episodes? Not to mention the Cancerman (William B. Davis) being Mayor of Smallville, or the infamous (and hilarious) X-Files 'Man in Black' (Michael McKean) playing Perry White? :D

A lot of TV series share a few people (especially these kind of 'sci-fi' shows), but the X-Files and Smallville are particularly close. :)

Ah, no I didn't know that but I guess it makes perfect sense.

Oh yeah... what happened to the Mayor? Completely forgot about him.

Anyhoo... anyone watch this week's episode? Thoughts? I thought it was a good episode all around. Really liked how the situation between Lex and Clark turned out at the end.

Alstrong said:
*Ashamed to remember this*
*Oh, and I'm ruining the entire episode - I think it was towards the end of Season 2?*

He'd killed Lana's relative (was it great-Aunt? Was played by Kristin Kreuk) about fifty years earlier, when Dur-El (played by Tom Welling) came to Earth for a bit (oh, and Dur-El fell in love with that Lang, too). The mayor framed Dur-El, but Johnathan Kent's dad let Dur-El hide out in their farm for a bit (because he believed Dur-El was innocent), and Dur-El appreciated this and perhaps that's why Clark landed so close to the Kent farm.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have to admit, I hated this story. :D

Anyways, we were told this story through Clark learning about these events from visions he received by touching related objects, and the episode ends with Clark pretending to be the ghost of the Dur-El (in other words, the man the mayor framed for the murder back in the fifties), and the mayor started shooting at Clark (obviously not being able to hit him) - and the sheriff had been called. The sheriff arrived and the mayor was blithering about being responsible for the murder, and was promptly arrested. We haven't seen or heard from him since. :)

I hope that's relatively clear! I'm quite drunk. :D
*End of spoiling the entire old episode*

Alstrong said:

Anyhoo... anyone watch this week's episode? Thoughts? I thought it was a good episode all around. Really liked how the situation between Lex and Clark turned out at the end.

oh my god i missed it!

Actually, she's half asian, half dutch. :p

PenguinJim said:
I hope that's relatively clear! I'm quite drunk. :D
*End of spoiling the entire old episode*

lol, now I remember! Thanks. :)

And it's Jor-el. :D

Back