Quake Mobile released for PowerVR MBX

Kristof

Regular
Supporter
Quake Mobile, ''Best Mobile Game" in the E3 2005 Editor's Choice Awards, is now only available for the PowerVR MBX enabled Dell Axim X50v from Handango:

Link

Quake, one of the world's most famous PC videogames, is back and now you can run and gun on the go. Quake Mobile takes all of the action, levels, weapons, and bad guys from the original PC title and transforms it all into the fastest, smoothest and most intense game ever to reach the Pocket PC. It’s even 3D accelerated, meaning you get the best possible graphics that kill any other Pocket PC title on the market, PERIOD!
Quake Mobile brings the legendary game to the next generation of 3D-enabled cellphones and Pocket PC's Mobile gaming will never, ever be the same again. All of the furious firepower and quick fire combat can now be played in the palm of your hand. Your goal is to stop ''Quake'' an unknown enemy who's using ''Slipgate'' teleportation technology to send hordes of lethal enemies into your midst and cut down all opposition. Your squad, your allies and your friends are all dead. You're the last man...the only one who can save the world. Lock and load and let's go.

Not enough for you? Keep an eye out for the two Quake Mission Packs (Scourge of Armagon and Dissolution of Eternity) coming VERY soon. You get news levels, new weapons, new powerups and a ton of new secrets! This is Quake RELIVED on the Pocket PC!

quake0022.jpg

quake0310.jpg

quake0042.jpg

Stunning 640x480 3D Graphics delivered by the Intel 2700G based on PowerVR MBX Technology !

Mask said:
Does anybody know whether there will be a multiplayer modus or just a singleplayer?

Current version is single player only, but the details say:

Coming soon: Multiplayer Gaming. Play against your friends over Bluetooth or local wireless connections (Wifi) Quake Mobile Expansion packs. Both original PC expansion packs will be available for download before long!

Playing it over bluetooth or a local wireless connection doesn´t make much sense to me!
Why schould I play a game on a wireless connection, having the option to play it in a better version online, only because it doesn´t cost money?

Mask said:
Why schould I play a game on a wireless connection, having the option to play it in a better version online, only because it doesn´t cost money?

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to play?

Or because some of us aren't at our home PCs all day...

Well, looks like I might have to get that X50v after all.

Dell supposedly has updated versions of the Axims now which extend battery life by a quarter or more. The old power management system wouldn't let the battery's capacity get much below half before registering empty in order to reserve a continual operating state for the machine's memory, but that issue has been resolved now.

QUOTE]Or because some of us aren´t at our home PC all day...[/QUOTE]

That is right I am not eigther, but if you are not home you are maybe at work and cannot play anyway and if yor home, would you play it on your mobile? I prefer to play it in local network or over Inet!

Is someone holding a gun to your head forcing you to play?

No, but I think it is an useless option, because . If you have an other opion please tell me and try to convince me!!

Or because some of us aren´t at our home PC all day...

That is right I am not eigther, but if you are not home you are maybe at work and cannot play anyway and if yor home, would you play it on your mobile? I prefer to play it in local network or over Inet!

No, but I think it is an useless option, because . If you have an other opion please tell me and try to convince me!![/QUOTE]

Mask said:

Or because some of us aren't at our home PCs all day

Mask:
My employer (huge energy company you've all heard of) has an explicit policy that strictly forbids any installation of outside software on office PCs without written approval from the IT department and the assistant VP of the division. LAN games are out of picture, and any office gaming that does go on is either PDA or PSP wi-fi.

Back