Moh Ps3

dizzyd

Newcomer
My first thread so I hope I get this right. If this has already been posted, my apologies.

Gamasutra has an article up about a presentation by EA in TGS concerning MOH on the PS3.

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=6552

He revealed that, while still early in development, the PS3 version of the game was already fill-rate bound, leaving 4 SPUs of the PlayStation 3 ready to be used for code-powered effects such as physics, particles, AI, and so on.

As an example, Young showed a video of an actor playing a soldier in Medal Of Honor being motion captured with the incredibly sophisticated mocap set-up, as used in The Matrix sequels, and then showed it transposed into a Medal Of Honor PS3 game scene, where the actor's expressions and frenzied shouting looked wholly believable, with both high resolution models and realistic facial animation.

No screenshots though. I haven't seen this reported in the other sites so I thought I'd post it here.

Mintmaster said:
Never seen such an optimistic view of being fillrate bound... :)
Seems fair though. If you weren't hitting fillrate and were using all resources, there'd be nothing left for things other than graphics! Hitting fillrate already with CPU to spare means you can add more meat to the game. Of course, if having maxxed the fillrate the game looks rubbish, the optimism is misplaced.

mckmas8808 said:
That's is a scan. We have already seen the real-thing.

Scans make screens look better, it's obvious the wall has bad texture-wrapping and is pretty damn low-res. Furthermore, the flag on the guys jacket just looks wrong.

Deepblue said:
Scans make screens look better, it's obvious the wall has bad texture-wrapping and is pretty damn low-res. Furthermore, the flag on the guys jacket just looks wrong.

Just watch ---->this to see the real thing.

As if you can tell a whole lot more from those split-second clips of tiny compressed video (which is a mix of prerendered and realtime footage anyway).

Is that picture seriously PS3 Medal of Honor?

Confidence-Man said:
As if you can tell a whole lot more from those split-second clips of tiny compressed video (which is a mix of prerendered and realtime footage anyway).

Is that picture seriously PS3 Medal of Honor?

What do you mean prerendered? Prerendered as in in-game cutscenes or prerendered as in the PS3/X360 can't produce that graphics in the video?

And that tiny compressed video tells us a hell of a lot more than that weak ass scan posted.:rolleyes:

mckmas8808 said:
What do you mean prerendered? Prerendered as in in-game cutscenes or prerendered as in the PS3/X360 can't produce that graphics in the video?

And that tiny compressed video tells us a hell of a lot more than that weak ass scan posted.:rolleyes:

Prerendered as in fake, CGI, target video, etc...

And the scan is a lot clearer than that footage.

That shot features both the same character model and a same scene as was shown in the original EGM shots, so..*shrug*

Confidence-Man said:
Prerendered as in fake, CGI, target video, etc...

And the scan is a lot clearer than that footage.

So I'm guessing you weren't around when the "other" scans of this same game were going around huh? Well let me tell you, the "other" scans looked like the video. The one scan above is an anomoly of what we have seen so far.

Considering EA's fondness of showing target renders for their next gen games, I would wait until the game is closer to completion to make any judgement on the graphics.

chroniceyestrain said:
Considering EA's fondness of showing target renders for their next gen games, I would wait until the game is closer to completion to make any judgement on the graphics.

That's fine, then we shouldn't hold that bad image scan of MOH:A against EA either right?

Back