New Crytek 2 video footage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a game in development or just for sole tech demo? Or is this at all related to console gaming? Unless that's the new Crytek engine to be use on next-gen consoles. Hope they make the environment more organic (it may be, but not 100% sure due to its quality).

.Z

Unofficialy? It's a tech demo. But it's obvious(to me) it's a work being developed & researched as to a base for the next crytech "Farcry" (or a farcry sequel).

doob said:
Unofficialy? It's a tech demo. But it's obvious(to me) it's a work being developed & researched as to a base for the next crytech "Farcry" (or a farcry sequel).

I heard the people responsible for this engine have signed with EA.

lets presume a dual core AMDX64 4700+ CPU with a dual 7800ultras maybe ..
they are developing for 1.5+ more years

those guys have something with tropical islands and palmtrees ;)

hey69 said:
lets presume a dual core AMDX64 4700+ CPU with a dual 7800ultras maybe ..
they are developing for 1.5+ more years

those guys have something with tropical islands and palmtrees ;)

I think it's got something to do with being confined to a small dark boring office most of the day, most days of the week... U know, if u were in that situation, you'd be dreaming about sun, shiny beaches, naked babes... I guess the Crytech people are "normal" people who want to go on holiday every once in a while, have a cocktail on the beach... that kind of stuff... ;)

What I don't understand is why is this posted on console games section, while the demo was for Windows Vista / DX10

didnt know the owners are Turks

Crytek GmbH
Rosenauer Str. 16
96450 Coburg
Germany

Managing Directors
Avni Yerli
Cevat Yerli
Faruk Yerli

so , expect lots of moustaches in their next game :)

pc999 said:
Very nice, but why is this on consoles?
He probably saw "Next Gen..." at the beginning of the video and associated it to consoles. Much like when you see the word "trash" and immediately think of Paris Hilton. Same neurons working that out.

I watched it yesterday and wasnt really that impressed... they'd have to go ALOT further for me to be like "DX10 Roxors!!!"

Titanio said:
Well the engine is coming to consoles..

And aren't they adding extras to the PS3? I think they are doing this either because it has extra power or because the CELL is just that much different. I can't clearly remember.

mckmas8808 said:
And aren't they adding extras to the PS3? I think they are doing this either because it has extra power or because the CELL is just that much different. I can't clearly remember.

They didn't say adding extras, it's just that the PS3 architectures requires a rewriting of the engine because of Cell. In order for the Engine work correctly they need to havi this "Engine inside of an engine"

therealskywolf said:
They didn't say adding extras, it's just that the PS3 architectures requires a rewriting of the engine because of Cell. In order for the Engine work correctly they need to havi this "Engine inside of an engine"

Ahh yes that's right. Cool.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back