R520 benchmarks - Hardware Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Understand the matter, and then execute your words.

My point is there is no harm in making a hardware which supports SM-4.0, sooner or later it will be required. It would rather help ATI to produce a next generation card with SM-4.0, since Nvidia has still to achieve it, so by making a card that can support SM-4.0 makes them a step ahead at the moment .

90nm AMD chips proved how well they are good for overclocking with other enhancements.

Mayhem said:
Dear Official Sander Sassen Apologist,

Out of context? Sander was asked 4 or 5 times what context it was taken out of and he coudn't answer. It was a threat, plain and simple - there are people, plenty of people out there that would have believed this moron if the ATI PR dept hadn't stepped in. If you don't want threats published, don't threaten people.

Even Sander's own mother wouldn't defend him on this point. You're probably one of those bleeding hearts who think that people who rob banks and are injured in the process should have the right to sue!!
First of all, that you don't share Druga's opinion doesn't mean you can simply attack him like this. Insulting other people and calling them biased doesn't make you right.
And second, if you'd have actually read Sanders defence you could have seen for yourself that his claim that the email was drawn out of context is at least a bit reasonable.
And third, I think you are a bit forgetting about the PR part here... you know: make yourself look good and the oponent look bad at the same time ;)

But then again, why bother to consider both sides of the story when you already have such a clear and unbiased opinion on the matter yourself, right? ;)

Supreet Virdi said:
...they could've tried to implement SM-4.0...
They have been there and done something like that already with Radeon1. Beta DirectX8 support was incorporated in the card, and then MS decided to change DirecX8 specs... result: DirectX8 support on Radeon1 useless: waste of time, effort and money.
It is not very wise to invest an enormous amount of time, effort, energy and resources in a standard that hasn't been fixed yet (read: SM4.0)... especially not when you are in quite a hurry to release your new product because your direct oponent is a few months ahead of you with theirs ;)

Supreet Virdi said:
My point is there is no harm in making a hardware which supports SM-4.0, sooner or later it will be required.

There is potential harm in it if you don't know the specification for it yet! And right now nobody has the final spec for the API, and probably won't for a little while yet.

I take it you don't remember the original Radeon, and its support for 'Pixel Shader 1.0' - A perfect example of why you don't try to pre-empt the direction DirectX will head before the details are finalised.

Supreet Virdi said:
Understand the matter, and then execute your words.

My point is there is no harm in making a hardware which supports SM-4.0, sooner or later it will be required. It would rather help ATI to produce a next generation card with SM-4.0, since Nvidia has still to achieve it, so by making a card that can support SM-4.0 makes them a step ahead at the moment .

90nm AMD chips proved how well they are good for overclocking with other enhancements.
Do you see ps_4_0 or vs_4_0 on there? No? Why is that?

CAUSE IT DON'T EXIST YET, BUB

Ratchet said:
Err... hrm, was I just insulted?

Oh yeah, big time. Maybe take it out back for the street fight tho?

Edit: Alternate Theory: A clever attempt to show that adding an emoticon or two doesn't really make it okay, as some are claiming would have worked for Sander. Grab for this explanation, Neliz, is my advice. :LOL:

geo said:
I think this is why we need an IRC channel. Maybe I should go register one somewhere...

Supreet Virdi said:
Its quite certain Nvidia would release such a set of driver's which would rather enhance performance than Image quality.

Obviously, they are little scared at the moment, I can feel their pulse rate.

What else can they do to improve IQ at this point besides fix the shimmering? I doubt they'll be throwing away their AF optimizations as long as the competition has them too.

Ratchet said:
Err... hrm, was I just insulted?

No .. I just want to go to nvnews and read "X1800XT - new king of the hill"
And that the review is of the same quality as your gtx review on r3d...

you know we love you!

Firefox said:
It's in German, but the figures and test config speak for themselfes... If these figures are even closte to being for real, and these drivers contain no "cheats" whatsoever... the competiton could really heat up just that much more... :D

I cannot read german but maybe that's too much of an assumption! :p
http://www.hardwareoc.at/Forceware-Geforce7-Roundup/Fehler-81.26.jpg
I wonder why nvidia's bugs rarely slow things down...

Firefox said:
They have been there and done something like that already with Radeon1. Beta DirectX8 support was incorporated in the card, and then MS decided to change DirecX8 specs... result: DirectX8 support on Radeon1 useless: waste of time, effort and money.
It is not very wise to invest an enormous amount of time, effort, energy and resources in a standard that hasn't been fixed yet (read: SM4.0)... especially not when you are in quite a hurry to release your new product because your direct oponent is a few months ahead of you with theirs ;)

This makes some sense, thanks firefox.

geo said:

Edit: Alternate Theory: A clever attempt to show that adding an emoticon or two doesn't really make it okay, as some are claiming would have worked for Sander. Grab for this explanation, Neliz, is my advice. :LOL:

It would have, if you ask me. Text isn't the best way to get some stuff across (as we're witnessing right now, since it appears you think I'm trying to defend him :p ) so every little helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back