R520 benchmarks - Hardware Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Druga Runda said:
That I why I said "someone will get a slap" as it distracts from the product launch and it sends the wrong message to the other industry contacts: "All your correspondance with us is fair game when you cross our path" which might take some effort to repair despite the statements to the contrary. Besides that I am sure the PR team are more than full-time busy to set everything up for the major event of the year. A typical and simple "this does not represent the results of a real product blah blah blah" to the community would have been more than enough.

What you seem to be dismissing is the fact that Sassen opened this can of worms and now he is dealing with the aftermath. HE started this nonsense with the first 2 paragraphs of his article and has since perpetuated the issue with more information that makes HIM look bad. What part of this are you not understanding? Should ATI just sit back and take whatever is posted on the web regardless of validity and/or intent? I cannot believe that anyone has a lick of compassion for what Sassen brought on himself.....but then again in this day and time anything is possible.

I hope to hell this sends a CRYSTAL CLEAR MESSAGE to anyone that this type of activity should not and will not be tolerated. How anyone could not want that as a result is beyond me....

whats funny is all those shimmering articles didnt do their own tests they just ripped the info they wanted from a thread on rage3d and that CSS HL2 they ALWAYS mention has a workaround for the fact the the coding is a little whompy.

anyway sassen man u just made ure self look worse in those emails i mean im friends with guys at ATI and im one of the most tactless ppl in the world and i would NEVER make some of the comments u made to them.

All his proves is that Andrzej deserves a big raise.

First off Sander must know that even for a company the size of ATI, resources are limited. So for ATI to allocate those resources to sites that will cover more than just select products is more than understandable. Furthermore in response to Sander's accusation that integrated chip sets are boring he arranges for an interview with one of the lead designers. That seems to me to be a very professional response and a wasted opportunity on Sanders part.

Big Bertha EA said:
What you seem to be dismissing is the fact that Sassen opened this can of worms and now he is dealing with the aftermath. HE started this nonsense with the first 2 paragraphs of his article and has since perpetuated the issue with more information that makes HIM look bad. What part of this are you not understanding? Should ATI just sit back and take whatever is posted on the web regardless of validity and/or intent? I cannot believe that anyone has a lick of compassion for what Sassen brought on himself.....but then again in this day and time anything is possible.

I hope to hell this sends a CRYSTAL CLEAR MESSAGE to anyone that this type of activity should not and will not be tolerated. How anyone could not want that as a result is beyond me....

Well I am sure this is sending a crystal clear message. The whole issue is presentation, as you said if he left the two paragraphs out - nothing would happen - just as well as if they left out the follow up leak.

I would just urge once more to people to wait for the final outcome, however I also think the final board would be quite faster than what displayed in the Sander's Article.

Also, I would like to comment ATI, that they should've tried to implement Shader Model - 4.0 on their R520 Arctitecture, as this could've have helped ATI to release future products on time.

Supreet Virdi said:
Also, I would like to comment ATI, that they should've tried to implement Shader Model - 4.0 on their R520 Arctitecture, as this could've have helped ATI to release future products on time.

Huh???????

Druga Runda said:
Well I am sure this is sending a crystal clear message. The whole issue is presentation, as you said if he left the two paragraphs out - nothing would happen - just as well as if they left out the follow up leak.

Jesus Christ.

No, really --he was the big proponent of what you're pointing at. :LOL:

Maybe a bit offtopic, and I don't know if this has been posted on the forum already, but R520 launch has just become even more interesting.
On a Dutch forum I read about an Austrian hardwaresite that released some figures on the latest nVidia 81.26 beta drivers: http://www.hardwareoc.at/Geforce-7-Treibervergleich.htm

It's in German, but the figures and test config speak for themselfes... If these figures are even closte to being for real, and these drivers contain no "cheats" whatsoever... the competiton could really heat up just that much more... :D

I'm now really dying to see what ATi and nV have in store for us... :mrgreen:
I believe it can only be good... ;)

Supreet Virdi said:

Say what? you wanted the R400 to be released last year?

Firefox said:
Maybe a bit offtopic, and I don't know if this has been posted on the forum already, but R520 launch has just become even more interesting.
On a Dutch forum I read about an Austrian hardwaresite that released some figures on the latest nVidia 81.26 beta drivers: http://www.hardwareoc.at/Geforce-7-Treibervergleich.htm

It's in German, but the figures and test config speak for themselfes... If these figures are even closte to being for real, and these drivers contain no "cheats" whatsoever... the competiton could really heat up just that much more... :D

Whilst the game improvements look impressive, I wonder why both 3dMark benches show significant drops in Quality mode.

martrox said:
At least read this thread before you post..........sheesh!

Edit: SHEESH, martrox, how bout being a bit quicker on the draw........

If you were quicker your name'd probably be matrox instead of martrox ;)

Firefox said:

Guess you didt catch this ?

Some things aren't being rendered. Thats why you see such a huge increase. The drivers are basically a crippled 80 series. The bugs will be worked out in time.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56789

Firefox said:

magic drivers now... up to 50% faster than the last version... this launch is a blast :mrgreen:

but this explains it...
Some things aren't being rendered. Thats why you see such a huge increase. The drivers are basically a crippled 80 series. The bugs will be worked out in time.

Based on the hits this thread is getting.....the real winner here is Dave!

And I have no problems with that!

Supreet Virdi said:
No, but on time atleast.

The api isn't there for SM4.0, what would ati have done if it release the r600 the way it was originally planned? as the r400 on the r420 launch schedule..
It would look ridiculous because there simply isn't anyone or anything using it.
It would thus be slower because it would have to recode PS/VS data to unified shader data and you'd have a very expensive card that just wouldn't be able to hang in there with the competition.. and when SM4.0 finally would arrive.. there'd hardly be any game actually worth running it on .. in competative benchmarks..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back