MGS4 movie

rabidrabbit said:
Hate to go into comparisons, but slightly better than COD2?
I haven't seen the MGS4 trailer myself yetr, but already based on the screenshots I find that hard to believe, and I'll be very disappointed if it only looked slightly better.

Erm...

I really don't think it's even fair to compare MGS4 to anything yet seen. It far surpasses CoD2, just like anything else on any system. It's also not fair comparing Kojima to 'other developers'. They're in different leagues. It's like the Olympics vs. the Special Olympics. :p

Also, as for GoW... please, no more comparisons. MGS4 is looking a lot better in many respects, and not in some others. However it's important to note... GoW is running on an engine that has been in development for years. I think it's pretty safe to say that Unreal Engine 3.0 is further along in development than the MGS4 engine. With more complete hardware and a complete engine, MGS4 will mop the floor with GoW (not that it doesn't already).

Sorry, really giddy. MGS4 is truly amazing, and I'm psyched about it. If you don't have the trailer, get it!

Its interesting that the guys at 1up.com have seen an uncut version of the trailer.

1 UP wrote said:
Snake recalls Otacon's explanation of his little robot and asks, "Hey, what is that Cell processor, anyway?" Here, Kojima breaks the fourth wall and goes all meta on us: Otacon breaks out his laptop (complete with Zone of the Enders 2 wallpaper) and shows Snake Sony's rubber-duckies-in-a- bathtub demo, followed by the too-good-to-be-true Killzone PS3 demo from E3. Otacon continues, telling Snake that the Cell processor is "The key to winning the console war."

IMO, this is Konami saying the game will never appear on xbox360. Probably bcos it can't handle the animation and physics processing.

bleon said:
Its interesting that the guys at 1up.com have seen an uncut version of the trailer.

IMO, this is Konami saying the game will never appear on xbox360. Probably bcos it can't handle the animation and physics processing.

Oh no let's not start with this.

The N.1 reason why this will probably be PS3 exclusive is because Kojima wants to focus on this one game and make it as good as he can on the PS3, then maybe after it's finished properly, they will think about porting it, but the engine will be so tweaked around PS3 that they might just not care enough.

I actually think it was more a joke because this whole "console-war" stuff is practically on everyone's mind since E3...... :devilish:

i think it was a joke as well, i mean the very moment when otacon mentions the robot having a cell chip in it, the thing spins around and tips over

Last edited by a moderator:
Phil said:
Call of Duty I believe... and it's simply no comparasment. :smile:

CoD2 had literaly swarms of soldiers all over the place ingame. I think CoD2 looks great considering budget and who's developing it. I need to see MGS4 gamplay footage to declare whether MGS4 actually blows it away or not.

Just watched it.
F***ing amazing!!! These people have real talent for cinematography. That ambience in external shootings of the army was top hollywood quality. I won't judge the character animation (and specially compare it with another game whose name starts with "Gear..") because this was not gameplay, and most likely motion capture. But if this game can show anything, it's the awesome potential of the PS3. I just hope Konami can make gameplay character animation half as good as in this teaser.

london-boy said:
Make up your mind man:

So which is it?

It must be me not having english as my mother tung because what you just quoted from me in my eyes don't contradict each other. In the one case I talk about graphics which will be kick ass, and in the other about gameplay experience and feel of the game, something that we can not see and judge from this trailer. Hence, my initial point stands, looking at this video doesn't tell us all that much about MGS4 the game...

Platon said:
It must be me not having english as my mother tung because what you just quoted from me in my eyes don't contradict each other. In the one case I talk about graphics which will be kick ass, and in the other about gameplay experience and feel of the game, something that we can not see and judge from this trailer. Hence, my initial point stands, looking at this video doesn't tell us all that much about MGS4 the game...

You're just being incoherent then, something that has nothing to do with the language. You're using one argument (gameplay) to try and prove something about another argument (graphics). This video is merely a graphics presentation of what the game will look like, an introduction of where the game will be set, in what kind of situation it will be set, and what characters you'll be seeing in the game.

When they show us a real live feed of someone playing the game, we'll be able to comment on the gameplay. As it stands, we can only comment on the graphics.

london-boy said:
“The dodo died. Then Dodi died, Di died and Dando died... Dido must be sh*tting herselfâ€￾ .

Aah, you got sent that e-mail from the irish comedy festival (or somthing) with all the funny lines in.... The one you picked was my fave too. (sorry to go off topic !) ;-)

Phil said:
Platon,

I think most people being in shock and awe are in fact more familiar with the Metal Gear Solid series than you. I'm here thinking that the Xbox fans that have never even layed hands on a controller with MGS and played a good amount of time (let alone completed one) in it are the ones that think this could end up a disappointment and are bringing up cut-scene arguments and what not. Just an amusing observation on my part.

Well, I never played MGS1 so yes I didn't know how exactly the MGS2 gameplay would be, other than that the game was a sneaking espionage kind of game and having played Splinter Cell before I guess I was expecting something similar but it was not, so I guess I should have done a bit more research before I got it...

onetimeposter said:
im sorry but did we see gameplay footage to declare it the best looking game? ill reserve judgement until the game is released in 2007

Thanks for your contribution to the thread. It has been explained many many times in this thread that this is a realtime cutscene. Nothing more nothing less.

london-boy said:
Thanks for your contribution to the thread. It has been explained many many times in this thread that this is a realtime cutscene. Nothing more nothing less.

wasnt the ruby demo realtime on xbox 360 as well? whats the big deal

Just to let you all know...in Subsistence (Metal Gear Solid 3) Kojima is implementing a FPS camera (instead of holding down a button and going into First Person..and releasing the button..and reverting back). The first part of the "teaser" may be actual "gampeplay" that will be in MGS4.

onetimeposter said:

I don't know how you can come into a thread and actualy think you can add to the conversation about a game that you tried to downplay in another thread called

"Hi Res MGS 4 screens: Doesnt look too good now"

We all already know where your heads at onetime.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ruby demo engine is just for that demo, MGS4 cutscene engine is the same engine that is used during gameplay.

onetimeposter said:

The big deal is that these demos are demos that show what the capabilities of the consoles are. No big deal to me but it seems like a big deal to many people.

It's funny to see the kids making a big deal out of something when it's on their favourite console, but when it's on another console they go "what's the big deal?"

Now, what's with the attitude?

london-boy said:
You're just being incoherent then, something that has nothing to do with the language. You're using one argument (gameplay) to try and prove something about another argument (graphics). This video is merely a graphics presentation of what the game will look like, an introduction of where the game will be set, in what kind of situation it will be set, and what characters you'll be seeing in the game.

When they show us a real live feed of someone playing the game, we'll be able to comment on the gameplay. As it stands, we can only comment on the graphics.

I really don't think that I have done that. Nowhere have I said that the graphics will not good as shown here. I was commenting on the general look and feel of the game that could be different during gameplay, not the graphics. But whatever, this has gone to places I never though of...

Back