Hi Res MGS 4 screens: Doesnt look too good now

onetimeposter said:
http://ruliweb.dreamwiz.com/data/rulinews/read.htm?num=13853

Jaggies Galore and the famous octacon image looks really bad at hi res (instead of facial hair, it looks like he has acne)

Ah ha - I finally figured it out! Majorxbox360 from TeamXBox, right? ;)

The *identical* thread titles and first posts were obviously the tip-off.

These are probably the most overtly biased and sharply contrasted game thread titles yet seen in the console forum.

xbdestroya said:
Ah ha - I finally figured it out! Majorxbox360 from TeamXBox, right? ;)

The *identical* thread titles and first posts were obviously the tip-off.

These are probably the most overtly biased and sharply contrasted game thread titles yet seen in the console forum.

Hasamasad makes me laugh...and I wouldn't doubt he posts here and "there". I find it funny that hes trying so hard to pull this thing down.

As many mentioned, with all this talk about next-gen, I won't judge it [graphically] till a I see it in motion. Heck, I won't judge till I see it running on actual hardware.

.Z

-NakedZ- said:
As many mentioned, with all this talk about next-gen, I won't judge it [graphically] till a I see it in motion. Heck, I won't judge till I see it running on actual hardware.

.Z

I'll see your 'actual hardware' and raise you an 'actual gameplay with a controller.' In-engine cutscenes are cool but still an order of magnitude below in-game imo.

These do look great but definitely not as good as they appeared to look from the scans. YOu can see some details were just textures and not actual 3d objects, etc.

Can we just all agree that jaggies wont be a problem this gen and get over pointing them out in every game until we see a game ship WITH them?

J

IGN has much better, un-blown-up shots:

metal-gear-solid-4-20050915072843356.jpg

Now that the MGS4 images have much better lighting than what could be seen from the poor Famitsu scans, they don't look at all flat and cartoony any more, a lot of detail that was smeared in the scans is visible here.
Can't wait to see them in motion, good animation should make them even more impressive.
Is there any images from actual gameplay (well, that view through some scope (Solid Eye?) could be from gameplay...), it will be interesting to see how (if) the first person view makes things look in MGS game. Come to think of it, the Otacon pic might as well be from first person view gameplay, as well as that pic with tanks, soldiers and walker robots.

Some textures look flat, but other than that it looks great. In the scans the skin looked more realistic, but the plastic look doesn't really bother me.

Yep people were right, look at the neck region on both Snake and Otacon, notice the straight polygon edges. Also look at the scope, it's not completely curved. Textures look really weak too. Dark Sector seems is looking more impressive than this game.

Back