Official Tokyo Game Show thread

Teasy

Veteran
In about 21 hours the TGS keynote speech starts, officially opening up the event. So what are we going to hear? What are you looking forward to most at the show?, post it all here.

Might be a good idea to make this a sticky to stop the forum from being cluttered up with many different TGS news threads.

EDIT: I mis-calculated the time difference between UK and Japan in my earlier post..

Last edited by a moderator:
Teasy said:
In about 14 hours the TGS keynote speech starts, officially opening up the event. So what are we going to hear? What are you looking forward to most at the show?, post it all here.

Might be a good idea to make this a sticky to stop the forum from being cluttered up with many different TGS news threads.

COOOL, cant wait to see all that stuff, looks like youve kick started whats going to be a long thread too. Roll on TGS !

I better reserve a space here since I've decided to not renew my Insider on IGN....this is my main Gaming site now...no more biased views...just straight up info...BRING IT TGS!!!!

-Josh378

Since the disappointment of E3 I expect nothing. E3 was supposed to be a mighty slug-fest between 3 next-gen consoles. One was a non-show-er, one showed mostly rather rough alpha builds of games with some cheesy presentations, and the third showed mostly prerendered stuff (though the tech demos were cool if not very realistic of games). The rest of E3 had nothing.

I guess I should expect everything at TGS that wasn't at E3. But I don't. A few game announcements, probably repeats of what we already know. Hopefully some playable PS3 kit and improved XB360 builds. No groundbreaking stuff though.

I don't remember anything particularly interesting for current gen. Though I guess I wasn't paying that much attention - I wanted the next-gen beef!

I'm tired of this next gen techy mumbo jumbo. I wanna see the games! I wanna see if all this techy mumbo jumbo will actually show in what, in the end, is the most important thing, the software.

And i want an HDTV. Now. I deserve one.

I'll bump this back up (since nobody has made it a sticky..) because the keynote speech is now only around 4 hours away.

The speech should be starting in 2 minutes but there doesn't seem to be any live video or audio of the event. I'm keeping a very close eye on various news sites though so I'll post everything I hear in this thread as soon as I hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Teasy said:
The speech should be starting in 2 minutes but there doesn't seem to be any live video or audio or the event. I'm keeping a very close eye on various news sites though so I'll post everything I hear in this thread as soon as I hear it.

I wish their was some sort video. You would think that at a venue such as this they would have something like that. Is TGS open to the public? Hopefully if it is...people will report in what their seeing and hearing.

i believe Major Nelson said he would have a copy of the audio of the keynote afterwards.. and I am pretty sure that gamespot and ign will have the video once they get it encoded and ready.

BlueTsunami said:
I wish their was some sort video. You would think that at a venue such as this they would have something like that. Is TGS open to the public? Hopefully if it is...people will report in what their seeing and hearing.

I am at work now and all the gaming sites are screened, so I`m looking forward to people posting updates. Thanks everyone! I`m particularly interested in the Keynote Speech about the Revolution. I just got my first MP3 player yesterday gameboy micro and play yan micro (I have 2 2GB SD Cards for my digital camera already) yesterday (There are perks to living in Japan), and I look forward to more info on the Rev.

At the moment Iwata and Miyamoto are just talking the usual "Nintendo has done this and that for the industry". So nothing new yet.

Back