Advent Children is out and about...

BlueTsunami

I laugh at you! HA HA HA!
Veteran
I'll just put it like this. If you download Fan Subs..then you should know where to find this action packed piece of CGI. I haven't watched it yet...not sure if I want to until I get it on DVD and watch it on a good system..but from what i've heard, its VERY action packed and some people have been saying its the best they've ever seen (from a cartoon).

PS: That comment is coming from someone from an Xbox based board :oops:

BlueTsunami said:
I'll just put it like this. If you download Fan Subs..then you should know where to find this action packed piece of CGI. I haven't watched it yet...not sure if I want to until I get it on DVD and watch it on a good system..but from what i've heard, its VERY action packed and some people have been saying its the best they've ever seen (from a cartoon).

PS: That comment is coming from someone from an Xbox based board :oops:

DVD?

Wasn't this supposed to be a UMD title? If a DVD version comes out, i'll be the first to catch it.

london-boy said:
DVD?

Wasn't this supposed to be a UMD title? If a DVD version comes out, i'll be the first to catch it.

Yeah..but the DVD (In the US) won't be hitting these shores till the Holidays. Not sure about Europe though. Also...its coming out in UMD, but I remember hearing that a DVD is being released to...I certainly hope so.

I haven't watched it yet, but from the bit I've seen I must admit it's looking like the finest CGI movie I've ever seen.

There were some incredible fight sequences that caught my eye, very well done!

It's been out and about for a couple days already, and it's awesome for what it is (a no-story all-action movie, that is).

oi said:
it's awesome for what it is (a no-story all-action movie, that is).
EXCELLENT to hear, I was afraid I'd have to know what went on in the game to enjoy the movie....I'd prefer just an action ride. ;)

digitalwanderer said:
EXCELLENT to hear, I was afraid I'd have to know what went on in the game to enjoy the movie....I'd prefer just an action ride. ;)

You hardly have to know what happens in the games when playing the games, so you'll be just fine.... :devilish:

london-boy said:
You hardly have to know what happens in the games when playing the games, so you'll be just fine.... :devilish:

LOL....although, there are some aspects of the movie (so i've heard) that you may miss out on because you haven't (or maybe you've had) played through FFVII. Mainly relationships, dead people and the overall importance of certain situations.

I'm happy its action packed though!:LOL:

Well obviously it'll help if you've played the game, since there's pretty much no character introductions or anything like that, and chances are you'll feel confused at times if you have no idea who the characters are. I just meant that you don't watch this movie to experience a good, fleshed out story. You watch it because it has cool action sequences.

There is however quite a bit of unexpected (to me, at least) humor in the movie, which much to my suprise even was pretty funny! There's a classic scene involving a cellphone, which is just hilarious. I also thought it felt pretty short, even though it clocks in at ~1h40m.

It's frickin incredible. It's basically a 2 hour long cutscene of a Final Fantasy 7 game, rather than a full hollywood-style "movie". A little bit of animation looks stiff and the camera work is a little uninspired in some places, but not many. The music was actually composed by Nobou Uematsu, and while great, classic, and catchy, it still sounded like he was using the PSOne instrument set. The quality of the video definitely clashes with the quality of the audio.

But yeah, the fight scenes are absolutely mindblowing - like every strike in every scene is well thought out and "slick" in some way or another. While watching it, I could see that this is how the director had always envisioned what FF 7 was/would look like, but was held back by the PSOne and "interactivity".

The movie, for what it is and what its trying to do, is definitely the slickest piece of CG I've ever seen. Just don't expect a "movie", instead enjoy a non-interactive 2 hour long Final Fantasy cutscene which happens to be very, very good.

Highly highly recommended.

Last edited by a moderator:
micron said:
I do know!......it's the same place you got Windows Vista!:LOL:

>.>

/me burns his HDD, runs outside, turns on his car and drives into the sunset

I love the internet

Back