Black (trailer)

This looked amazing, I can't believe that it's a PS2 game, damn those guys at Criterion really know how make the PS2 hardware SHINE.

yeah if someone were to tell me that was a next gen title, i probably would have beleived them lol Maybe we will get a next gen "Black 2" haha

isnt it kinda sad im hoping for a next gen sequel without even playing the current gen game yet.

deathstar121 said:
This looked amazing, I can't believe that it's a PS2 game, damn those guys at Criterion really know how make the PS2 hardware SHINE.

I thought I saw Xbox standing next to PlayStation 2... Nonetheless it looks impressive for what it is: very short clips of footage. I am eagerly awaiting footage which demonstrates things such as physics, AI and level design.

It does look very nice. The exploding building for example, and dense smoke, or all the debris flying around. Is this in game or cut-scene, and how do we know?

Confidence-Man said:
Looks great but all that destruction is scripted, and aside from stuff blowing up real nice I don't see what the big deal is.
at least it has destructions.This is pretty rare.That make the action pretty frantic.
Only redfaction's geomod had dynamic non scripted destruction.every other fps hadscripted destruction.And not up to that level.

Shifty Geezer said:
It does look very nice. The exploding building for example, and dense smoke, or all the debris flying around. Is this in game or cut-scene, and how do we know?

Who cares if it's scripted, just look at the trailer, it's F N amazing for a PS2 game, it looks better than Halo 2 IMO.

Sure it looks good, but what else? Without great AI, level design, interesting missions, dynamism, etc... what you're left with is plowing through a movie set full of dummies watching things blow up as you hold down the trigger on your gun.

If they can have great destruction on top of what counts then more power to them, but all the impressions from the demo seem to point toward a fairly linear and very "set-up" spectacle.

I dunno how people can figure that from a 30 seconds simple trailer. I could see some stupid unrealistic behaviour like when the grenade is thrown up to blow the pillars out, there's a baddy below shooting. Anyone running around in the open like the player in that case wouldn't last 5 seconds. But there's so much smoke and the clips are so short you can't really determine anything more about the game than it looks amazing. And it DOES look amazing! Maybe no Halo, but certainly the best looking Wolfenstein/Doom type blast fest!

no HALO?

Halo's gfx where far from perfect.
halo was a very very good game, but not because of his gfx

No Halo in terms of AI and non-graphics stuff. All I remember of Halo (never played it) was it was the first game I saw on XB and it had a terrible frame rate :oops:

I'd be willing to bet that video is the xbox version, I've never seen gfx like that come out of a PS2....if it is though I'm definately impressed.

scooby_dooby said:
I'd be willing to bet that video is the xbox version, I've never seen gfx like that come out of a PS2....if it is though I'm definately impressed.
It should be the PS2. The game was shown at GC (and E3) running on PS2. The Xbox version was only recently anounced and i believe to be quite far behind in development.

Confidence-Man said:
Looks great but all that destruction is scripted, and aside from stuff blowing up real nice I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not anymore scripted than Burnout Revenge is scripted.
In other words, it isn't scripted. ;)

hey69 said:
no HALO?

Halo's gfx where far from perfect.
halo was a very very good game, but not because of his gfx

hey69 you're right this game does look good. Just take a look at this shoot on the PS2.

black-20050517003438714.jpg

But the only thing that might hold this game back is the lack of online support. Halo had a HUGE online following, this game won't. Maybe Black 2 will.

Back