Top 3 most intelligent people of all time

Didn't you say people? Now we've had 6 men suggested, but none of the other sex. I guess women just aren't all that smart, huh? Maybe we should ask your wives/GFs what they think about that... ;)

Guden Oden said:
Didn't you say people? Now we've had 6 men suggested, but none of the other sex. I guess women just aren't all that smart, huh? Maybe we should ask your wives/GFs what they think about that... ;)

Women have a different intelligense distribution curve. While the average is the same, most women are found near the average, while men have much wider distribution. So the smartest and stupidest people are dominated by males.

Another reason you find few women among known smart people is because few women have been allowed to study and explore through history. With a few exceptions like Marie Cürie, there have essentially been none before maybe the last 50 years. Also, given how long it takes to go through school, do research and make yourself a name in the world, the top scientist crew's gender distribution reflect the society of a few decades ago rather than today's.

Steven Hawking
Richard Feynman
Marie Curie (for Guden)

Three is really way too small a list, I merely suggested these 3 because they weren't in the thread yet.

Jesus was extraordinarily intelligent? A very nice Jewish boy, and a hell of a story teller. . .great compassionate soul. Sure. But extraordinarily intelligent? On what evidence?

Unless you mean Jesus Gonsalez. . . :smile:

epicstruggle said:
No particular order

Da vinci
Einstein
Newton
Telsa

That's 4 ... guess that automatically rules out any chance of epic being nominated....

It depends on the concept of "intelligent" one has, really.
I could say:
Pico della Mirandola
Ipazia
Blaise Pascal

Just to please Guden I guess I'll nominate Simone de Beauvoir, which is the best I could come up with when thinking about famous and intelligent females, hehe. Other than that, Max Weber is the man, and everyone else is irrelevant!

Humus said:
Women have a different intelligense distribution curve. While the average is the same, most women are found near the average, while men have much wider distribution. So the smartest and stupidest people are dominated by males.

Another reason you find few women among known smart people is because few women have been allowed to study and explore through history. With a few exceptions like Marie Cürie, there have essentially been none before maybe the last 50 years. Also, given how long it takes to go through school, do research and make yourself a name in the world, the top scientist crew's gender distribution reflect the society of a few decades ago rather than today's.
Additionally, though intelligence is a wide field, we often equate logical, "scientific" thinking with it. Males have an evolutionary advantage in that area, but are lacking in others.

I'm pretty sure none of the three most intelligent people of all time made it to some kind of fame :D

Back