[Hurricane relief] why I've gained a lot of respect for EVGA.

Nite_Hawk

Veteran
Recently I was thinking about buying one of the combo motherboard/videocard deals by EVGA. They appear to be very good deals, and EVGA has lifetime waranties now which is nice.

Today they put up an auction for a 7800GTX at ebay and are donating the proceeds and a matching donation from the company to the red cross for Hurricane Katrina disaster relief. Though many companies have donated to the red cross, this is the first videocard distributer that I have heard of that has done so. I just wanted to share, as I am a lot more likely to purchase an EVGA product after seeing this.

Here's a link to the auction if you'd like to bid on the 7800GTX:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5240217938

Nite_Hawk

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I got the ok from my wife to place a bid on it. :) I'm the high bid right now, any of you guys up for the challenge? :devilish:

Nite_Hawk

Not to take anything away from eVGA, but didn't ATI or NVIDIA (well, they're a distributer, but you probably meant a company who sells the end product) auction something for charity not too long ago?

Anyway, this is a better way to spend marketing dollars than most alternatives, so a tip of the hat to them--and to you, Nite Hawk, for participating.

Nite_Hawk said:
Well, I got the ok from my wife to place a bid on it. :) I'm the high bid right now, any of you guys up for the challenge? :devilish:

Nite_Hawk
I dont need more hardware, but ill donate some more if you win.

epic

Nite_Hawk said:
hi Epic,

That's a really nice gesture. I just wanted to let you know I won. :)

Nite_Hawk
Woot! Glad to hear you got it. I see the winning bid was 1027. I'll donate a similar amount to the red cross katrina relief fund come monday.

epic

epicstruggle said:
Woot! Glad to hear you got it. I see the winning bid was 1027. I'll donate a similar amount to the red cross katrina relief fund come monday.

epic

That's great! Congratulations by the way on aquiring your first hotel. I hope it goes well!

Nite_Hawk

There should be an option to give additional feedback points to winners of charity auctions. Good job Nite Hawk.

Back