First need for speed ingame movie

Cheers for the link, looks nice, what's the deal with the logs on the truck?
icon_smile.gif

looks nice, but the logs (as already pointed out) and as phynicle said--damage physics(but i guess this isnt a biggie, as nfs never had them)

are you sure its the 360 version? maybe its xbox1? nothing really screamed next gen to me other than maybe the road and car reflection + shadows.

Bad_Boy said:
are you sure its the 360 version? maybe its xbox1? nothing really screamed next gen to me other than maybe the road and car reflection + shadows.

it's widescreen so it's fairly safe to assume it's the 360 version

tbh i think it looks pretty damn good (with the exception of the logs!) the amount of detail is way out of reach of the current consoles

rusty said:
it's widescreen so it's fairly safe to assume it's the 360 version
no ps2 or xbox games have never been widescreen? o_O

rusty said:
tbh i think it looks pretty damn good (with the exception of the logs!) the amount of detail is way out of reach of the current consoles
i saw some good things, shadows, reflections, draw distance, and what looked like hdr (definately not bloom)...but i dunno.. it was a video of another video..if we had a direct feed things would be more clear. something just doesnt say next gen to me.

if it is xbox360, i hope EA can do some more things with the power of the xbox360 other than just graphics for nfs:mw, cause other than a different gameplay mode, nothing was new. meaning, we will probably get the same experience other than graphics on the current gen consoles, unlike fight night round 3 and def jam on ps3 and xbox360...where many gameplay mechanics will change due to much more resources. i dunno if that made much sense, im kinda throwing that out there and i just woke up :p

guess i should give the game a break, not many things you can innovate with racing games besides graphics.

edit:
check ign..these vids from the xbox1 version.
http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/740/740898/vids_1.html
i noticed many of the same things as the video in the first post..
-nice reflections from the road + cars.
-hdr, probably a faked hdr but still
-good draw distance.

only things that seemed much different was the hud and the camera..but this can easily be changed in-game.

but i could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
The car reflection is great. The interactions (crashes) with those other vehicles isn't looking that realistic. Textures look kinda low res but hard to judge.

I love the Need for Speed series...(not the Underground series...but the original being chased by cops..win races to get faster cars series IE: Hot Pursuit) But they better put car damage..on the same level (or beyond) of Burnout. If they don't....bouncing off cars without getting damage will be very very weak to me.

Bad_Boy said:
no ps2 or xbox games have never been widescreen? o_O

i've never had the pleasure of playing one that could do widescreen no.... but then i am from europe and thus got shafted by a bios which wouldn't enable the higher res options of games. so yes i suppose what you say is true!

if it is xbox360, i hope EA can do some more things with the power of the xbox360 other than just graphics for nfs:mw, cause other than a different gameplay mode, nothing was new. meaning, we will probably get the same experience other than graphics on the current gen consoles, unlike fight night round 3 and def jam on ps3 and xbox360...where many gameplay mechanics will change due to much more resources. i dunno if that made much sense, im kinda throwing that out there and i just woke up :p

i get what you mean, don't worry ;) and i agree!

i think it's pretty hard to criticise things from such a crappy video - hopefully we'll get some direct feed or at least higher quality vid from x05... but put it this way, if that's an xbox/ps2 vid i'd be very shocked, although those logs do make me wonder - would there be any need for them to be so naff on the 360 version....

EDIT - blim blim from xboxyde seems to say this vid is from 360.... and he's usually spot on the money so... i'm sticking with my first impression that it's 360! ;)

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_1941_en.html

and check out this screen cap for example - the road textures and lighting look awesome... i could be convinced it's the pc version but not the ps2 or 360... and i still think it looks pretty good - especially as far as need for speed games go!

http://media.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/1802/742_0011.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad_Boy said:
looks nice, but the logs (as already pointed out) and as phynicle said--damage physics(but i guess this isnt a biggie, as nfs never had them)

Thats not true at all. NFS 4: High Stakes on PS1 has car damage. I have it.

ps2xboxcube said:
Thats not true at all. NFS 4: High Stakes on PS1 has car damage. I have it.
are you sure? i just remember sparks flying and cars flipping, not really physical damage. it was a long time ago since ive played that so i might be wrong.

The only NFS games I remeber having car damage were NFS4 and NFS Porcshe (NFS5).

All the NFS games that I have played after that had no damage. Though I think it was in Hot Pursit2 that the hood of your car would eventually come off if you drove it into a wall enough times. But the body itself did not deform.

Back