GR3, video footage vs E3 compare pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTOA

Regular
gr3sux5mb.jpg

[The picture at top shows E3 picture (on top) vs video picture (on bottom)]
Was the video shown at E3 on GR3 a render target?

After looking at that picture comparison of the GR3 video (found here) vs the E3 picture. It looks like it.

First image has hdr , second image does not .

Could be turned off because of diffrent implementation . I.e the e3 demo used the sm2.0 shader version and they haven't finished coding the fp 10 or fp16 version .

Other than that everything looks the same except the main character who seems to be a diffrent model

jvd said:

Could be turned off because of diffrent implementation . I.e the e3 demo used the sm2.0 shader version and they haven't finished coding the fp 10 or fp16 version .

Other than that everything looks the same except the main character who seems to be a diffrent model
lots more differences than that.... wall textures are not there, trees do not let the sun light pass into the ground.

so yes, maybe it was rendered offline, but its using game assets, no doubts there :)

Lights pass htrough the leaves in the video however the one with out hdr

as for textures its the one on the wall and the main characters diffrent. Those are the only things i noticed

His link leads to the name trailer
Downloading 'Name trailer' (13.15 MB)

If you go to the ghost recon page it says

http://www.xboxyde.com/game_746.html

Name trailer 2005-06-27 22:38:0113.15
This is from the end of june. They were still using alpha kits .

As a way to celebrate the announcement of the final name of the next Ghost Recon Game (now named Ghost Recon 3: Advance Warfighter), Ubisoft just released this new trailer presenting (I think) a few new sequences of gameplay.

We really don't know what system this second pic he used for comparisons were from .

It could for all we know be on alpha kits which have no hdr . It could be from all we know the pc version .

jvd said:

You do know that the first image is the E3 trailer, while the second picture is a screen grab from a post E3 trailer?

Looks like a Sony pre-render tactic to me. ;)

jvd said:
His link leads to the name trailer

If you go to the ghost recon page it says

http://www.xboxyde.com/game_746.html

This is from the end of june. They were still using alpha kits .

We really don't know what system this second pic he used for comparisons were from .

It could for all we know be on alpha kits which have no hdr . It could be from all we know the pc version .

Date: 05/12/2005

That is the date of the first picture, while the second one was from the trailer you pointed too.

You don't seem to understand . If the e3 trailer came from a pc . I.e 6800s like gears of war it would have hdr . While the video you linked too could have been from a dev kit with x800s in them. They do not have hdr .

That first shot does not come from the E3 trailer. The second shot is from the E3 trailer.

The first shot is just a screenshot ubisoft released.

Last edited by a moderator:
jvd said:
You don't seem to understand . If the e3 trailer came from a pc . I.e 6800s like gears of war it would have hdr . While the video you linked too could have been from a dev kit with x800s in them. They do not have hdr .
You don't seem to understand. They are passing this off as a Xbox360 game, like how Sony were passing off their E3 trailers as what PS3 games would look like.

If the developers were show casing this on a different setup, wouldn't they said so like Epic?

It doesn't matter if the cards had HDR capability or not, what MS was showing was not possible at the time on the current state of the Xbox360 SDK. You and other people blaming Sony for showing render stuff should be pointing at MS for doing the same tactics again (Xbox Raven demo).

BTOA said:
You don't seem to understand. They are passing this off as a Xbox360 game, like how Sony were passing off their E3 trailers as what PS3 games would look like.

If the developers were show casing this on a different setup, wouldn't they said so like Epic?

It doesn't matter if the cards had HDR capability or not, what MS was showing was not possible at the time on the current state of the Xbox360 SDK. You and other people blaming Sony for showing render stuff should be pointing at MS for doing the same tactics again (Xbox Raven demo).

Again, the only footage shown at E3 of GR3 is what is in that second shot. I'm not even sure what Microsoft has to do with this. The first shot that you are comparing it to is just a screenshot ubisoft released. It could be from a later build, who knows. Time will tell.

SanGreal said:
That first shot does not come from the E3 trailer. The second shot is from the E3 trailer.

The first shot is just a screenshot ubisoft released.
A screenshot which was not possible on the current state of the SDK at the time of E3, but yet was passed off as what the system was producing at that time. People believed they would be getting those visual look, but it was in fact a target render Ubisoft is aiming for.

Since it explains why these two picture look different then what was shown at E3.

SanGreal said:
Again, the only footage shown at E3 of GR3 is what is in that second shot. I'm not even sure what Microsoft has to do with this. The first shot that you are comparing it to is just a screenshot ubisoft released. It could be from a later build, who knows. Time will tell.
I should say, MS and Ubisoft. And look again at the two newest shots of what we have of GR3. They look different then what the E3 pics are showing. Again, E3 pics from Ubisoft were target renderings.

BTOA said:
A screenshot which was not possible on the current state of the SDK at the time of E3, but yet was passed off as what the system was producing at that time. People believed they would be getting those visual look, but it was in fact a target render Ubisoft is aiming for.

It wasn't passed off as anything. Its a screenshot released with no comment. It could be fricken hand-drawn for all we know. It is probably a shot from the build they had running internally at the time. That isn't a target render anymore than any screenshot released during a games development.

Since it explains why these two picture look different then what was shown at E3.

I should say, MS and Ubisoft. And look again at the two newest shots of what we have of GR3. They look different then what the E3 pics are showing. Again, E3 pics from Ubisoft were target renderings.

I think you have a bad recollection of what was shown at E3.

Here are some shots from E3.

Lets start with the original scene in question:
bscap0906yk.jpg

Another "amazing" e3 shot:
bscap0914ql.jpg

and another:
bscap0928fb.jpg

I don't see how these look any better than the two screenshots you linked.

SanGreal said:
It wasn't passed off as anything. Its a screenshot released with no comment. It could be fricken hand-drawn for all we know. It is probably a shot from the build they had running internally at the time. That isn't a target render anymore than any screenshot released during a games development.

I think you have a bad recollection of what was shown at E3.

Here are some shots from E3.

Lets start with the original scene in question:
bscap0906yk.jpg

I don't see how these look any better than the two screenshots you linked.
tom-clancys-ghost-recon-3-20050512034510031.jpg

vs
Your picture above.

You know what, my picture can be found at numerous sites unlike the one you're showing.

What Ubisoft was doing was making people believe and think what they saw at E3 were like the pictures they released during E3.

SanGreal said:
Again, that screenshot was not shown at e3. Its just a screenshot ubisoft released as part of their press kit. You can download that shot, and the rest of them from ftp://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/gr3/media/360gr3may12.zip

The screenshots I posted are straight out of the E3 video (which was probably completed long before that screenshot was released).
Go here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736206/imgs_1.html

Ubisoft wasn't the only site to be passing these pictures off as what they were showing at E3. When people look at those pictures, they are expecting those type of graphics. Like how Sony were passing off their render games as to be expected when release.

BTOA said:

So is the point of your thread, to bash MS? .

BTOA said:
Go here: http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/736/736206/imgs_1.html

Ubisoft wasn't the only site to be passing these pictures off as what they were showing at E3. When people look at those pictures, they are expecting those type of graphics. Like how Sony were passing off their render games as to be expected in their games.

And who says they won't get those graphics? You could take every single screenshot released for PS3 and Xbox 360 and say they are "Target renders" by your definition because we have no idea if they'll look like that when development is complete. You have no evidence that the shot wasn't from the game engine, which is the complaint people have with the Sony demos..

pso said:
So is the point of your thread, to bash MS? .
The point of the thread is to bash the people who bashed Sony for showing renders when MS and Ubisoft has done so too.

People should be pointing at Ubisoft for answers.

I was disappointed with these two new GR3 shots, when compared to what other screen shots were avaliable at IGN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back