FutureMark --> MadOnion --> FutureMark

Nappe1

lp0 On Fire!
Veteran
circle closes. :)

what next? Final Reality 2003?
MadOnion.com™, announced today that it has changed its company name to Futuremark® Corporation. The goal of the name change is to leverage the strength of the 3DMark® and PCMark™ product lines and to align its corporate and product brand identities
http://www.futuremark.com

I always thought madonion was a great name. It's one of those names you notice and wonder "what the heck do they make?" Futuremark sounds so generic and corperate. Makes me think of guys in suites, while "madonion" sounds interesting and like it has a story behind it. I'm kinda sad to see the change.

Nite_Hawk

Nooooooo!

We won't be able to jokingly say "Well, my rig got 13,000 of those Crazie Veggies!" :LOL:

Hmmmm. Actually it's starting to make sense ;)

Wasn't it their public relations department headed by Nathan Harley based in Toronto that came up with MadOnion name? And isn't that the same department that got canned over a year ago? Without that marketing department I suspect that's why they went back to their original name. Kind of interesting that they waited this long.

I always asked what the hell they were thinking when they came up with that name. But changing back? Somehow I believe if you keep changing your name, then nobody will know who you are. However, they are in a niche market. So changing your name doesn't do much good since every one of their customers knows who they are anyways. Unless they see themselves expanding their products and services to markets and customers they haven't targeted before. They also could be planning on going public and need to be take seriously by the corporate community. Or better yet maybe they are planning on merging with another company. Maybe not Remedy or BitBoys, but maybe BAPCo or Survey.com. Any or all of these ideas could be a real possibility. You never know with those Fins. :D

Tommy McClain

Any one remember back in late 90's, when we started seeing an array of products poping up with the letters "2000" tacked on to the beginning of the name to make it sound new and exciting? Most of them sounded pathetic at best.

Well FutureMark reminds me of those products. Not a good sign imo.

Back