Daaammmnnn, MS, hurry up and release IE7 already!

Guden Oden said:
...And with half the features initially promised! ;) (The remaining ones may, or may not be offered as downloads at a later date.)

But it'll LOOK really slick! :D

knowing M$ it will prolly bloat to some 50 MB by the time it is out and will have three times more holes cause of all the added code that was prolly never really tested.....

One of my regular computer magazines (c't, IIRC) ran a special offer earlier this year: free Opera 7 key & an Opera 8 key for 8 Euros.

No more Opera ads ever since. :D

incurable said:
One of my regular computer magazines (c't, IIRC) ran a special offer earlier this year: free Opera 7 key & an Opera 8 key for 8 Euros.

No more Opera ads ever since. :D

Yeah, Opera has lots of special offers. You can become an Opera affiliate and get a free license. :yes: And I also consider the "middle-click open in background tab" incredibly useful in Opera.

Guden Oden said:
annoying behavior like middle mouse button clicks opening any link the pointer happens to hover over etc.

Just noting...you do realise that IE7 also does the same thing, middle mouse click opens links in a new tab, but you can disable it just like Firefox :)

I never found a way to disable the middleclick in FF. It just irritated me to no end when it opened up some flash ad or whatever because I used the autoscroll to move down a page.

Guden Oden said:
I never found a way to disable the middleclick in FF. It just irritated me to no end when it opened up some flash ad or whatever because I used the autoscroll to move down a page.

It's right in the tabbed browsing options... How could you miss that?

Guden Oden said:

i just cant get how you have that problem anyway.... are you holding you middle mouse button all the time? dunno what mouse you use, but clicking middle mouse instead of scrolling with it is something that never happened to me....

i just dunno from where this problem comes, its a really weird. noone is forcing you to hit that button when your cursor is over some link.....

:?::?::?::?:

silence said:
i just dunno from where this problem comes, its a really weird. noone is forcing you to hit that button when your cursor is over some link.....
One word: autoscroll.

I use that a lot, especially on long pages. Much more comfortable than spinning the scroll wheel like crazy.

hupfinsgack said:
It's right in the tabbed browsing options... How could you miss that?
Wasn't in any of the FF versions I used (1.0-1.02 I believe). Then I got tired of having to watch all the time where the hell my pointer was when I wanted to scroll, tired of the enormous CPU-suck of flash animations, tired of slow and unsmooth scrolling in general, tired of pages not rendering if some adserver wouldn't respond, tired of having to download and reinstall the whole browser each time they plugged a security hole etc. IE isn't perfect (understatement), but it runs so much smoother than FF overall.

Guden, try out Maxthon already :)

It has autoscroll too, together with built in ad-blocking, popup blocking, super drag and drop (wonderful feature wich lets you drag any text and it searches google, drag a link a little and it opens up in a new tab, drag an image and it opens up in a new tab, etc, etc)

Guden Oden said:

I use that a lot, especially on long pages. Much more comfortable than spinning the scroll wheel like crazy.

i have Autoscroll that is set by clicking middle mouse....

its pretty simple : if i wanna new tab i click middle button on link and if i want autoscroll i click _ANYWHERE_ else....

you know.... links arent that hard to notice on webpage :p

;)

Guden Oden said:

Wasn't in any of the FF versions I used (1.0-1.02 I believe). Then I got tired of having to watch all the time where the hell my pointer was when I wanted to scroll, tired of the enormous CPU-suck of flash animations, tired of slow and unsmooth scrolling in general, tired of pages not rendering if some adserver wouldn't respond, tired of having to download and reinstall the whole browser each time they plugged a security hole etc. IE isn't perfect (understatement), but it runs so much smoother than FF overall.

No problem at all, it all comes down to personal preference. I guess you're just completely satisfied with IE. I just wanted to point out there's in fact an option to turn it off. But it seem you like the slicker feeling of the IE.
Anyways, that Maxthon browser looks nice as well, I might give it a try.

hupfinsgack said:
No problem at all, it all comes down to personal preference. I guess you're just completely satisfied with IE. I just wanted to point out there's in fact an option to turn it off. But it seem you like the slicker feeling of the IE.
Anyways, that Maxthon browser looks nice as well, I might give it a try.

If you have any questions or/and need help with tips on some really nice plugins to Maxthon I'd be happy to help you out. I've been using Maxthon (former MyIE2) for 3 years and I'm a beta tester too.

rumaki said:
Hi guys,

installing MSn desktop search, which is really cool BTW adds tabbed browsing to IE

its not tabbed browsing that i like with FF.... its that yesterday i ran AdAware and Spybot with latest definitions (after 48 days) and _BOTH_ found 0 problems....
and i surf both pr0n, hacking and other sites that are full of crap that gets behind IE.

thats the deal... and from what i hear, Google's latest Desktop Search is much more advanced then M$...

I was actually looking at Windows Vista Beta1 reviews....and it looks as though its equiped with IE7 (or atleast s beta version of the next step to Internet Explorer). The pictures that where shown showed IE with .....omg..drum roll please..."Tabbed Browsing!" (built in). I wonder if they will implement mouse gestures >.>. I'm happy about that (even though I use Firefox for all browsing) simply because there are occasions where I need to use IE...which ends up turning into 7 IE windows pilling up for some reason....

I do have to say that even though I have IE6 with the MSN search stuff, I never use it or maxthon (for some reason maxthon never saves google as my search preference). I have been pretty much been using Deer Park Alpha 2.

I swear of god some people are completly blind here. Bitching and whining wanting what's already existing and completly free

If you want tabbed browsing, ad blocking, popup blocking, etc, etc, plugin system, etc, etc, AND use the IE engine, then use Maxthon!

rumaki said:
I do have to say that even though I have IE6 with the MSN search stuff, I never use it or maxthon (for some reason maxthon never saves google as my search preference). I have been pretty much been using Deer Park Alpha 2.

Then ur not updating it correctly. It's a little quirky, but it's surely doable. Check into the Maxthon forum and you'll get help.

all i can say is that i am glad Firefox came.... if nothing else it made M$ work much harder on its own browser and made them support standards (which they never did).
even if Firefox fails in longterm it did great job in providing people (both FF and IE users) with great new features which i dont thing M$ would implement if there was no threat to their makret share....

and i'll use Firefox over IE everyday....;)

Back