Show yourself!

I try to work out a few times a week. Not to be in great shape or anything. Just so I can eat whatever it is I want without repercussions. :LOL: :)

Looking at those pictures it seems to be working out quite well. My problem is that I either train hard and eat clean or lay on my couch and eat Ice cream... This seems to occur in periods. I made my exercise program slightly easier now, so I'm hoping I'll manage to make it permanent lifestyle, instead of 3 months on 2 off etc.

Reasonably recent (half-dead, half-asleep due to a combination of jet lag and doing two jobs at once):

nick_evanson_yougamers.jpg

redx.jpg

;)

Myself btw:

humus_unshaved.jpg

This is from yesterday. No glasses anymore since I did LASIK a week and a half ago. Unshaved as usual on a tuesday...

How did you like the lasik? I just found out my insurance covers it and my optometrist is recommending it for me....

I had RK done 10 years ago. If your insurance covers lasik, then by all means, do it. No more glasses or contacts == happy Russ

zaiden1strife would be proud of your transhumanism.

How did you like the lasik? I just found out my insurance covers it and my optometrist is recommending it for me....

LASIK ROCKS.

Both Deb and I had it done. I can give lots of odes to LASIK. Unless you have heavy astigmatism. It was pretty much a life-changing thing for Deb, really.

Here's some nitty gritty, tho actually over 7 years old now, which means it is better and cheaper now: http://www.dahoudek.com/pages/lasik.htm

Tho here's the quick primer --go to someone who is 1) Not the cheapest guy around but 2) Has done many hundreds of these things.

1) should be obvious. It's your freakin' eyes for heaven's sake.
2) the stats show that just like most things there is no substitute for experience.

Thanks for the link, and please thank Deb for the write up. Very informative and an entertaining read, I like her style of prose. :)

So far I'm liking it. Still getting used to the feeling of not having glasses. Once in a while I try to "adjust my glasses" only to find I'm almost poking my eyes instead. :p I had some subconjunctival hemorrhage in both eyes, which is normal and harmless, but looks a bit ugly, but it goes away within a couple of weeks and it has faded to a faint pink now from being thick purple after surgery. Other than that no real complications other than slightly dry eyes at times. That'll probably go away once the eye had fully healed. My vision on the right eye got to 20/20 right away (it's probably even better since I could read the bottom line without any trouble whatsoever, but they didn't test anything smaller in the follow-up evaluations) and my left eye was at 20/25 on my one-week follow-up on Friday. Healing takes a few weeks so we'll see where it ends up. The treatment set me back $4,000 CAD. I had a thick cornea though so I could have opted for the cheaper procedure at $2,600 (the $4K one is called Zyoptix and the other is standard Lasik), but I'm not going to cheap out on my eyes. The Zyoptix removes about 20-30% less cornea tissue, which is good, especially if I would need a retreatment, plus that Zyoptix came with a 5 year vision care plan, so if I need a retreatment I won't have to pay extra.

The actual procedure is a bit creepy though, but it was comforting to hear before the procedure that there's nothing you could do that could possibly screw it up. The laser keeps track of the eyes if you move them (in fact, it has to do that anyway because the eyes are constantly doing micro-movements). After surgery your eyes feel like total crap for a few hours. They tell you to go home and sleep for a few hours. My trip home on the subway was kind of painful though. I could only keep my eyes open for short moments. Got home at about 5pm, slept until 10pm, woke up and my eyes felt just like normal again. :) Then Sunday was my 24-hour follow-up and then mostly just rest and Monday I was back at work. Didn't have to take any time off or anything.

Finland will soon be renamed to Goth-land ;)

Shame on you! :devilish:

Never mistake a uhm.. what's the term in english for the people who listen to metal etc? anyway, never ever mistake the likes of me for a goth! (even if I do listen to "goth music" too, I'm still 99% pure metal, including lifestyle)

Yeah, I meant just the looks obviously. I'm also a metalhead and dress like a goth, so...

I'm mad at the damn media labelling about everyone dressing in black as goths and most black clothing as "goth clothing" :devilish:

Long black PVC jackets? Sure, goth thing.
Long black leather jackets? Maybe both, but more metal
etc

I'm mad at the damn media labelling about everyone dressing in black as goths and most black clothing as "goth clothing" :devilish:

Long black PVC jackets? Sure, goth thing.
Long black leather jackets? Maybe both, but more metal
etc

Shouldn'lt that be reversed? I mean, what sort of historical gothic person ever saw PVC in his life?

Shouldn'lt that be reversed? I mean, what sort of historical gothic person ever saw PVC in his life?

How far you want to go? I'd say what you call "goth" today is quite far from the german goths of.. hum.. 1st-4th century i think?
The origins are rather irrelevant, the gothic subcultures of today were born in late 70's/early 80's, and evolved to few different directions during 80's and 90's

Back