What Anime are you watching now?

Surprisingly I can't get into hentai, I'm strictly anime/manga.

Heavy metal is about the closest I think the US has ever gotten to anime, and a great flick! I remember going to see it in theatres as a kid. :)

{Sniping}Waste said:
For me its Bleach and Naruto.
I've been watching Naruto, but I heard that Bleach is really cool, so I'm going to start watching that, too later :)

Last edited by a moderator:
JaylumX said:
Yep, like i sez, what anime are you watching now?

I'm going through Gundam SEED, I just watched episode 9.
It's my first Gundam series and I am enjoying it. I Guess I have a thing for huge bipeds operated by humans :).

After Gundam SEED it looks like it will be Gundam SEED Destiny, but I will look for other gundam series. Any recomendations are welcome.

The other week I saw Appleseed and other than being a good movie I was totaly blown away by the visuals.

Wunderchu said:
I've been watching Naruto, but I heard that Bleach is really cool, so I'm gonig to start watching that, too later :)
Be warned, Bleach will suck you in even harder than Naruto! I can't say I like it better than Naruto since I'm a pretty huge Naruto fan, but I can't say I like Naruto better than Bleach either.

Bleach has been amazing lately. The first dozen episodes are faboo, but you have to forgive them for episode 13 as they explain it later. (You'll understand when you get to it)

Bleach is also a whole lot easier to get current with than Naruto since they're only on #44. ;)

rendezvous said:
The other week I saw Appleseed and other than being a good movie I was totaly blown away by the visuals.
I thought the storyline was only so-so, but the graphics just had my mouth hanging open the whole time!

HIGHLY recomended movie to check out, I heard they're dubbing it and releasing it in the US sometime this fall.

I'm part way through. Tri-gun, Samurai Champloo, Macross Zero and Lost Exile. That last one isn't great.

Finished watching scrapped princess, that was good. Steamboy is an okay flick, could have been much better. Finally got around to seeing Laputa/castle in the sky.

digitalwanderer said:
I thought the storyline was only so-so, but the graphics just had my mouth hanging open the whole time!

HIGHLY recomended movie to check out, I heard they're dubbing it and releasing it in the US sometime this fall.

Appleseed has been on sale in the US from Geneon for some time now. It's been on their top seller lists for over a month.

Which is a shame as aside from the music and visual craftmanship it is a terrible movie. The older OVA version beats it by a country mile for having a decent story and telling it well. The new film concentrated on the bling bling shiny stuff too much methinks.

digitalwanderer said:
Be warned, Bleach will suck you in even harder than Naruto! I can't say I like it better than Naruto since I'm a pretty huge Naruto fan, but I can't say I like Naruto better than Bleach either.

Bleach has been amazing lately. The first dozen episodes are faboo, but you have to forgive them for episode 13 as they explain it later. (You'll understand when you get to it)

Bleach is also a whole lot easier to get current with than Naruto since they're only on #44. ;)
cool :)

rendezvous said:
I'm going through Gundam SEED, I just watched episode 9.
It's my first Gundam series and I am enjoying it. I Guess I have a thing for huge bipeds operated by humans :).

After Gundam SEED it looks like it will be Gundam SEED Destiny, but I will look for other gundam series. Any recomendations are welcome.

Seed is good, but the first ~35 episodes or so are little more than a rehash of the original Mobile Suit Gundam from 1979. Still pretty entertaining though! After that hump the show really comes into it's own. Seed Destiny is, in my opinion, even better. The story got a little convoluted midway through, but it seems to have sorted itself out.

I would _highly_ recommend Zeta Gundam. It's from ~1985 or so, so the animation is a little retro, but if you can get by that you'll really, really enjoy it. Interestingly, Zeta uses next to no stock footage (unlike other series). It's also the "darkest" of all the Gundam series thus far, and is the inspiration for Seed Desinty, wrt the themes of angst, revenge, and manipulation, rather than the lovey-dovey pacifist stuff :p If you don't want to work through another 50 episode anime, I think Bandai/Sunrise is releasing a three part, remastered "movie" adaptation of Zeta which should be subbed fairly soon.

Well i still have to start all the DVDs someone from here sent me. Lots and lots of stuff to go through, i expect to be in 2006 and still trying to catch up.

What I really want to be watching right now is FMP:TSR #5, the RAW has been out for over 24 hours and I really expected a subbed version right now. :?

I know I shouldn't whimper since the fansub groups are only doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and for free and all, BUT I NEEEEED MY FIX!!!! :?

digitalwanderer said:
What I really want to be watching right now is FMP:TSR #5, the RAW has been out for over 24 hours and I really expected a subbed version right now. :?

I know I shouldn't whimper since the fansub groups are only doing this out of the goodness of their hearts and for free and all, BUT I NEEEEED MY FIX!!!! :?

Definately. They are taking their sweat time arn't they....not that i'm complaining...bigups for the subbers man.

Right now I've temporarily reduced anime intake to concentrate more heavily in my research. Recently watched Big Order. Waiting for the Sword Art Online anime movie, think it's next year.

Mob Psycho, Alderamin, Taboo Tattoo and a bunch of continuation like Arslan, Soma, etc.
Edit: Also Zestiria X... and a bunch of others. Basically I watch too many anime.

Last edited:
Mob Psycho, Alderamin, Taboo Tattoo and a bunch of continuation like Arslan, Soma, etc.
Edit: Also Zestiria X... and a bunch of others. Basically I watch too many anime.

whats good from alderamin? i cant even finish the 1st episode :(

does it get better? how so?

Back