Say Hello Nugget!

Little cats are always great. But then in a months of two they grow bigger and became nothing but ingrates that ask for food and give you nothing but attitude in returns.

Or maybe I confuse them with kids...

Heh heh, your pet looks great Dave, but judging by his color you should had called it Felix!

This is now a post a pic of your cat thread:)

phto00228do.jpg

micron said:
This is now a post a pic of your cat thread:)
No offense, but your cat look like a modded PC case...

And geo, a pic of someone wearing a heroic fantasy shirt with a dragon cat printed on it, doesn't count.

Vysez said:
And geo, a pic of someone wearing a heroic fantasy shirt with a dragon cat printed on it, doesn't count.

That boy darn near is a dragon cat! He started out named "Oli", but is being called "Dickens" more than anything. He looks you right in the eye while stalking you, nothing subtle! And he chews on my goatee while I'm sleeping.

Rys said:
Hello :!:

Will show the pics to the missus later on in the hopes her "OMG CUTE!" instincts kick in and she relents in my pursuit to get a furball to keep me company while I work from home :D

Her "I hate cat food" stance must be overthrown :devilish:

To add to what Digi and Russ said, if you look on the right side of the pic where I'm wearing an Oli shirt, you'll see the automatic dry food feeder in the kitchen that our four use (also an automatic water one next to it). We only give wet food as a "treat" from time to time, and if you buy the good ones, and in sizes that you can use the whole can at once (Fancy Feast makes nice one serving sizes), then the smell issue really doesn't come into play. Having "left overs" in the fridge for one or more days is the big issue, I think, and I totally agree that is icky (so we arrange things such that it doesn't happen).

digitalwanderer said:
There are an awful lot more similarities than you would believe!
And what's worse, contrary to popular opinion, cats actually CAN be trained, unlike kids... :devilish:

The smell of the cat food is highly dependent on the quality of the food. You have things like Whiskas or the gourmet food, which is almost the same (or even better quality, depending) as people food. It smells the same as well, and is about as expensive. AFAIK the only difference is the addition of some specific minerals and such.

The main downside is that your cats will refuse to eat any other food afterwards. Well, until they get really hungry, of course.

everyone notice dave's sig "Goodbye Noodle" so I'm guessing Nugget is here to fill in for Noodle. :( Goodbye Noodle.

I avoid cat food made from fish and buy chicken ones as well as dried food.

You can also show her a demo cat: Borrow an awesome cat to stay over just for the weekends to test. After 3 weekends, my wife decided it wasn't that bad after all.

Some cats behave like dogs (They greet you at the door when you come back, they play fetch and stay beside you whereever you go but quieter and "cleaner", blah blah ...). Our cats :rolleyes:

patsu said:
Some cats behave like dogs (They greet you at the door when you come back, they play fetch and stay beside you whereever you go but quieter and "cleaner", blah blah ...). Our cats :rolleyes:
I take it the rolleyes means your cats do whatever the hell they want. :LOL:

Back