The Power of 3?

my vote goes to 3 monitors. perhaps it'll be enabled for existing sli users, and if it is, i will be purchasing a new mobo and 2 nvidia cards asap.

trinibwoy said:
Very curious as to why they are pushing this on August 11th when r520 with SM3.0+HDR+Crossfire is due in September (we hope). Waste of money and effort IMO. Would have been worthwhile 12 months ago maybe.

I dunno, I think that depends on whether the midrange stuff of R5xx is on time too, and in good quantity. That's still where the meat and potatos of the market are. Tho I'd agree this campaign would have made more sense to kick off about the time of 6600GT introduction, so far as getting biggest/longest bang for their marketing buck. . .

Well, their investor conference call for Q2 is on the 11th too...
Notice how the G70 introduction was on ATI's conference call day, too? Conspiracy theories, get rolling! ;) j/k

Uttar

trinibwoy said:
Very curious as to why they are pushing this on August 11th when r520 with SM3.0+HDR+Crossfire is due in September (we hope). Waste of money and effort IMO. Would have been worthwhile 12 months ago maybe.

yes... it's funny - ATi just prepared SM2.0 patch for SC and even "old" ATi cards are able to use HDR and all other features, that GF offers in SM3.0 mode (so why don't buy old videocard, when the new one doesn't offer anything more?).

Might not even be ATI they are aiming at. . .could be their own installed older base, trying to convince them it is time to step up a notch. FX5200, FX5600, like that.

no-X said:
yes... it's funny - ATi just prepared SM2.0 patch for SC and even "old" ATi cards are able to use HDR and all other features, that GF offers in SM3.0 mode (so why don't buy old videocard, when the new one doesn't offer anything more?).

Not all of them. Look in the related thread in games forum.

I really don't care what's the power of 3, as long as those retards drop the price of video card at some reasonable level.

The "The Power of 3" is an upcoming marketing campaign with an underlying goal that benefits the industry and consumers. NVIDIA has identified three key features that define the standard for today's graphics cards. If a graphics card does not support all three features, then it is based on "old technology."

1.) High Price

2.) Low Performance

3.) Borken Features

:)

Power of 3 !

939GT4-SLI.jpg

just kidding :LOL:

First of all, there were no games to promote SM3 or HDR when 6800s came out. (Of course there was Doom 3 and everybody knows that NVidia squeezed every drop of marketing juice of that game.) Now that there are handful of games (including upcoming ones) that utilise the new features maybe NVidia thought it's time to aggressively market them with some real materials.

Or, maybe, NVidia have enough information about R520 and its delay - like, no availability until Christmas season - so they think they will have enough time to exploit it? Especially considering now their focus is shifting towards Intel SLI/SLI 2? I believe I've even read something about DELL SLI. This will only be a bad news for all of us. (R520 delay, that is)

lop

Back