My Own Little Demo

It entirely bombs on my laptop; my desktop is temporarily out of comission so I can't say what it does there.

Thinkpad R50
Pentium M Banias 1.7ghz
2GB PC2700 Ram
ATI 7500 Mobile 32mb

carpediem said:
it's just white flickering on my screen.

A64 3200+, X800XT, CAT 5.6

That's what mine does, the effect 'bleeds' until the screen just goes white...I took that shot as soon as it loaded :)

carpediem said:
it's just white flickering on my screen.

A64 3200+, X800XT, CAT 5.6

Same here

A64 3000+, X800, CAT 5.4

will try to install 5.7 and see if it makes a difference

Edit: Appearently it does not... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Runs fine for me. 20fps or so, Athlon FX-57, 6800 Ultra, 77.62 drivers.

Hyp-X said:
Same here

A64 3000+, X800, CAT 5.4

will try to install 5.7 and see if it makes a difference

Edit: Appearently it does not... :(
Just curious, but did you just leave the perspective at the default position or did you use the arrow keys to pull the camera back?

Rys said:
Runs fine for me. 20fps or so, Athlon FX-57, 6800 Ultra, 77.62 drivers.
Weird. . . it runs at 60 fps (refresh rate) for me. . .

Yeah you have to pull back, I really should chance that. Also the only extension it uses is glBlendEquation, but that's part of the core OpenGL 2.0 spec. All I know is that it works fine on any Geforce I've tried it on. Maybe ATI cards have an issue, but I don't have one to test it with.

Also I get 95fps on my Athlon XP 1800 and BFG 6800GT, and it's GPU bound. Without drawing the cubes I get 180fps, so there's something seriously wrong if an FX-57 gets 20fps, or did you mean 200fps? lol. You want to keep VSync on though as any tearing looks really bad with the blur/trails.

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured it out. I've got dual displays, one connected to each DVI port on the graphics board. I have to set Hardware Acceleration to Single display mode for performance to be there. ~290fps now.

In Multi-display display compatibility or performance modes, performance is the ~20fps that I reported the first time.

hardwareaccel_singledisplay.png

Ostsol said:
Just curious, but did you just leave the perspective at the default position or did you use the arrow keys to pull the camera back?

Oh, thanks I must have missed that.

So it works fine ;)

I updated with a new version featuring a loading screen and a silly perlin noise effect. That's the reason I need to have a loading screen, as there are 10 frames of animation at 1024x1024 I have to precompute. I tried generating it on the fly, but the performance I want (60fps) just isn't there, even at 256x256 (~45fps). Next update will be more substantial, 3D collison detection and handling, but it might be a few weeks until then, lol.

Back