What speakers do you use?

yoyomama

Newcomer
Hi there, just thought that this topic would be pretty interesting since most of us interested in 3d gaming should be picky about the sound coming from our pc too. I'm still using a set of old JBL Pro, which is quite decent when I got it 5 years ago. But I just upgraded to a Santa Cruz and would like to pick up a set of speakers to match them. So what are you guys using now? Anyone using the z560s? How about the polk audio amr-150? I saw the latter for $70 shipped online and they're supposed to be polk's top of the line a year ago.

creative labs cambridge soundworks megaworks 510d. Just a snip at £310.

They sound absolutely stunning, they are being used with the soundblaster live which really can't take advantage of their full potential, so I am just waiting to hook them up to my audigy2 when I get my new system built.

Altec Lansing ACS45.2 (2 speakers + sub)

Altec Lansing makes some damn good sounding low-cost speakers. I got these on clearance sale for $30, and they sound better than most of the $100-150 sets I see on display. In fact, I think the Klipsch THX are the only ones I've heard on display that sounded better, but for a tenth of the price, I'll keep my ALs.

Creative Cambridge Soundworks DDT2200 (5.1) attached to a live5.1

Fairly cheap, the sound is decent enough and the sub is powerful enough to start moving things on shelves in my room.

I also have some plantronics Audio 90 headphones/mic.

I use the speakers attached to my monitor... Sony CPD-220VS.

They aren't TOO bad, for built-in speakers. At least there's a built in sub...

I pipe my soundcard through my stereo system. It's a sherwood surround unit, don't remember which model. It's decent, but not up to pair with some of the newer ones. I've got this going through two yamaha bookshelf speakers and a cerwin vega 10" passive sub. It works out pretty well. Sound quality is better than most computer speakers anyway. It'd be nice to do surround for gaming though.

Nite_Hawk

SONY MDR-G72 "street style" headphones. I never use speakers.

Silent_One said:
Klipsch ProMedia 4.1 400-Watt THX Speakers
I guess your login name here doesn't refer to your stereo then. :D

front speakers are akai... (w/ 10inchers in them)
rear speakers are paradigm titans.. (w/ 6inch woofers)
have seperate amps for back and front.. sblive plat 5.1 for soundcard

not exactly a 5.1 system, but 4 speaker surround is plenty for gaming, music and dvds..

I've got a set of Boston BA7500s attached to my PC, and I've been using the built in sound of my MSI nForce board.

Back