Koei's Dynasty Warriors (?) PS3 demo

Fafalada said:
Yeah, the japanese are silly that way. 100 000 = 10 tenthousands, not 100 thousands.
No more silly then the English 2500 = 25 hundred if you ask me :p

The amusing part though is if you make them count in thousands (Koreans use 'man' as a unit as well) - most people here will always get a few zeroes wrong when trying to convert.
OT but educational... this system actually originated from the Chinese.

I do not believe it's going from 1000 polygon faces (PS2) to 1,500,000 polygon faces (PS3). I believe the source art for normal mapping is 1.5 million but the actual amount PS3 will display is probably more like 150,000 at the most, maybe only 15,000 (face alone) which makes more sense.

a 15x increase (1000 ====> 15,000) is very likely and very reasonable. a 150x increase is within the realm of possibility even though it's very unlikely.

but a 1500x increase? that is sheer nonsense and should not be believed.

GuanYu05.jpg

(random Google Image grab)

Guan Yu as portrayed in a classic historical drama, one of the staple TV programs of my childhood. (A mandarin-chinese production, filmed by a Taiwanese/HK production crew in China, with lots of cheap Chinese extras). For those who don't know, he is the man. He was supposedly so strong that he could crush dried beans into fine powder with by clenching them in his fist.

Just out of curiosity - patsu, what country are you from? I'm from Taiwan myself...(Faf, I know you're Korean.)

Singapore.

Yes. General Kuan/Guan gets very good PR from readers because of his unwavering uprightness. He's also tall (think Yao Ming). There are many other extraordinary characters too.

I'm still waiting for a good RPG + RTS game that depicts the Waring States - 3 Kingdoms period satisfactorily. One third of China population perished during that time, most men were drafted into rogue armies, too many scholars pitched strategies and management theories to save the states. Only women and feeble kids sowed if there were still viable land left.

I hope they introduce new elements to this game. I like hack and slash in Diablo but there are so much more material here.

Oh and yes, I agree with you Megadrive1988.

So are the clothes and armor rendered as an integral part of the character model, or are they done separately and then composed dynamically ? The former right ?

The lack of statements on exclusivity, only pointing to it being "announced" for PS3 at a Sony event made me think this would be multi platform eventually.

We've got "Warriors Orochi" coming from Koei soon, which is a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samuri Warriors, so it wouldn't be a surprise if they have some breathing room between these two titles for western release.

No longer PS3 exclusive but only announced for Japan so far. Quite strange considering the install base for 360 there.

http://download1.gamecity.ne.jp/smusou5/index.htm
http://www.xboxic.com/news/3373#more-3373
Actually it's the 5th(!) Musou (DW/SW) title from Koei for Xbox 360, previous ones ported from PS2. It's the 1st DW title for PS3 (if you count in the Gundam Warriors, 2nd).

Here's the 360 games list at Koei's website.
http://www.gamecity.ne.jp/products/products/index/model_5.htm
Musou Orochi
Shin Sangoku Musou 5 (the new one)
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Special
Shin Sangoku Musou 4 Empires
Sengoku Musou 2

Gundam Warriors is released from Bandai but not available for 360 in Japan IIRC. They seem to enjoy multiplatform development so far, except for Fatal Inertia on UE3.

Back