Has the console forum been axed?

Oh for God's sake, do you guys have to bicker and bitch even here, after all that's happened?!!

You'd think some people would just give it a rest at least for a while, but NOOO they need to keep it up with the MS/Sony/McDonalds/Pepsi fanboyism. ("snip... you only say that cause you're a Fanta fanboi, when we all know Dr Pepper is teh best!")

Way to go, it will surely give Dave a reason to reopen the forum.

london-boy said:
Oh for God's sake, do you guys have to bicker and bitch even here, after all that's happened?!!

You'd think some people would just give it a rest at least for a while, but NOOO they need to keep it up with the MS/Sony/McDonalds/Pepsi fanboyism. ("snip... you only say that cause you're a Fanta fanboi, when we all know Dr Pepper is teh best!")

Way to go, it will surely give Dave a reason to reopen the forum.

Have you been smoking it again? Coca-Cola is the wrong type of coke damn it.

Yeah it does get pretty old especially the ones holding grudges against other members because of old lost battles. In fact those are the people who need to take a step back from the forum until they resolve those personal issues.

I just think we need to do something about those people as they themselves are also trolling. They need to not start things if they don't want a response.

Moderators are the last people we should be blaming for the closure of the console forum. They do their best for us and the forums all the time, it is not their fault that some bad apples come along and ruin it for the rest of us, their is only so much a moderator can do before enough is enough, and finally as a last resort the entire console forum is locked.

I'm not gonna resort to singling people out, you know who you are. I just hope we can all learn from this experience, and if the console forum is ever opened again, hopefully this time we'll be able to keep it intelligent and civil!

london-boy said:
And some people who just are not physically able to drop it and bite their tongue when needed.

For somebody who likes to complain about the "kids" that can't stop bickering, you're dangerously close to becoming a black pot.

AlgebraicRing said:
london-boy said:
And some people who just are not physically able to drop it and bite their tongue when needed.

For somebody who likes to complain about the "kids" that can't stop bickering, you're dangerously close to becoming a black pot.

Err, me complaining about "the kids" is different, very different, from people still, at this day and age, bickering about being a Sony or MS fanb0y.

If you can't see the difference, that's your problem, i don't need to justify my posts to you.

PC-Engine said:
Yeah it does get pretty old especially the ones holding grudges against other members because of old lost battles. In fact those are the people who need to take a step back from the forum until they resolve those personal issues.
That is EXACTLY the wrong attitude. People fighting 'their corner' and seeking to 'beat' others is behaviour that ought to end at primary school. A discussion needs opinions and open minds, and people who don't care whether at the end of the day their original ideas seem right or not. Anyone who enters a debate and comes out with a feeling of either success or failure doesn't belong in a civilised forum.

After reading this thread I predict that the next part of the forum to be shutdown is the site feedback part. lol. everyone just cool off.

epic

I have found the Console Forum to be a fantastic resource for information on console hardware and business.

Just one story illustrates this perfectly, this month's Edge magazine covers the Xbox360 and PS3 in some depth, but I could tell that they didn't know there stuff just from what I'd read here, they got all sorts of things wrong like bandwidth, memory useage etc. So the quailty of the information on the B3D console forum is better than the best print magazine about the video game business. :D

Edge is not the best print magazine around. Hasn't been since the "change of management".

But i agree, B3D Console was the best place for tech info at one point.

london-boy said:
Edge is not the best print magazine around. Hasn't been since the "change of management".

Hmm i wondered what happend to them, at some point it did seem like they lost the.. EDGE OMG LOL!!!

When did this happen?

-tkf- said:
london-boy said:

Hmm i wondered what happend to them, at some point it did seem like they lost the.. EDGE OMG LOL!!!

When did this happen?

Bit off topic, but basically they changed most of the staff. The change was felt straight away, it just isn't the same magazine anymore. Looks the same - very EDGY and "cool" - but the articles are just bad.

Shifty Geezer said:
PC-Engine said:
That is EXACTLY the wrong attitude. People fighting 'their corner' and seeking to 'beat' others is behaviour that ought to end at primary school. A discussion needs opinions and open minds, and people who don't care whether at the end of the day their original ideas seem right or not. Anyone who enters a debate and comes out with a feeling of either success or failure doesn't belong in a civilised forum.
Good post.

london-boy said:
AlgebraicRing said:
london-boy said:

Err, me complaining about "the kids" is different, very different, from people still, at this day and age, bickering about being a Sony or MS fanb0y.

If you can't see the difference, that's your problem, i don't need to justify my posts to you.

Much anger I sense in this one....

....Lord Vader......rise! :LOL:

:p

Shifty Geezer said:
PC-Engine said:

Some people can't admit they're wrong nor can they admit real faults with anything related to X company. That's not my problem nor the forum nor the mods problem. Unfortunately some people rush to jump into a debate because their favorite company is being faulted without even caring if the criticism is valid or not. Even when the evidence is right in front of their face, they continue to be in denial. That kind of behavior doesnt belong here.

PC-Engine said:
Some people can't admit they're wrong nor can they admit real faults with anything related to X company. That's not my problem nor the forum nor the mods problem.

Sorry to bother you here, but personally i can't remember you ever being wrong about anything or about X company, kudos.

-tkf- said:
PC-Engine said:
Some people can't admit they're wrong nor can they admit real faults with anything related to X company. That's not my problem nor the forum nor the mods problem.

Sorry to bother you here, but personally i can't remember you ever being wrong about anything or about X company, kudos.

That's because I choose my battles wisely. ;)

Back