Amazing new PGR3 shots

Sonic said:
All new PGR3 pics are to be posted in this thread. Any new threads that have new PGR3 pics in them will be locked and sent here.
good idea, IMO ... especially since it seems like Bizzare seems to be releasing new screens about every week..

It looks very nice, and has certainly enough "real-time touches" to make any arguments of them being offline renders laughable. Still, we don't know if they will get the engine up to speed yet. If it runs at 60fps I might buy a launch unit even if Ridge Racer 6 for X360 doesn't happen.

Anyone know what mode they use for the rendering buffer? fp10?

Hey guys I just read that these screenshots are from a closer to E3 build than today's build. It will look WAY better when finished. They have a ways to go to make the cars look better. I think this is the real reason why they haven't released a lot of recent car screenshots.

Most of the pictures are from the OXM cover story and OXM visited Bizarre before E3, so yeah these pictures are most likely from a build that is quite old.

I think the paint looked more realistic in ATi's Car demo, and the normal mapping (on the hood especially) was incredibly good at making the round details look round. Why don't they put some of that unified shader power to use on normal mapping the details so we won't see as much of the polygonal edges? It should also make the LOD engine more efficient, or at least produce better looking results.
http://media.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/1533/726_0007.jpg
That Viper isn't much farther from the "camera" than the Saleen, but the LOD is much lower on it.

Well the Saleen obviously occupies a much greater screen space so it should have a much higher LOD.

The super shiny paint job is unrealistic, if these cars were really driving around in those conditions they would be pretty dirty. OTOH I can understand how they would want the super shiny finish because it's more flashy. I would really like to see a good racing sim next generation with realistic damage and blemishes like dirt and dents on the cars.

Shame about those blocky shadows, they really stand out in the pictures where everything else just looks so damn perfect. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Iron Tiger said:
I think the paint looked more realistic in ATi's Car demo, and the normal mapping (on the hood especially) was incredibly good at making the round details look round. Why don't they put some of that unified shader power to use on normal mapping the details so we won't see as much of the polygonal edges? It should also make the LOD engine more efficient, or at least produce better looking results.
That Viper isn't much farther from the "camera" than the Saleen, but the LOD is much lower on it.

Normal mapping doesn't necessarily make low-polygon models look more rounded, if at all.
The only way to make low-poly objects look rounded is adding more polygons.

A little disappointing, The bloom lighting and dramatic camera angles are nice but I was hoping for more realism.

Hopefully those shots are old.

london-boy said:
Iron Tiger said:

Normal mapping doesn't necessarily make low-polygon models look more rounded, if at all.
The only way to make low-poly objects look rounded is adding more polygons.
I mean the details like the hood scoops, seams, front intakes, etc. Run ATi's DX9 Car demo to see how much detail was added with just normal maps.

am i the only one that thinks it's annoying that just about every game coming out on the xbox 360 tries to hide the fact that the graphics on the games aren't that that much better by using the bloom effect on everything possible.

Back