Zalman 92mm Fan + Bracket + SLK800?

I'm intending to buy an Athlon Xp2000+ soon.

Currently I have a Zalman Flower that cools my AXIA 1.00 @ 1.433 admirably.

I'm wondering, since the SLK800 heatsink doesn't come with a fan as standard would keeping my fan bracket and fan from the Zalman be sufficient to keep the Xp2000+ cool (even when I try to overclock it).

Anyone tried this?

Ta

T

ps....would have posted this in a more suitable Overclocking forum but my accounts gone squiffy

I haven't tried it, but if you do, let me know how it works out for you. How quiet/loud is the 92mm fan from Zalman?

--|BRiT|

Its a nice fan actually. You get a rheostat to control spin speed and on quiet it is exactly that....quiet.

On maximum spin speed it is still reasonably quiet but you can hear it.

That why I want to keep it ;)

Sounds nice indeed. I just switched my main case over to an Antec TRUE PSU and moved my front 120mm intake and read 80mm exhaust fans onto their fan-only bus. The system remains cool, and best of all, it's quiet. It isn't near silent, but is orders of magnatude less than it was before. Part of that is also due to my switch over to the Vantec AeroFlow hsf. Even with the step downs for a quieter effect, my XP2400+ will overclock to XP2700+ speeds. Before I had a TBird 1.4 running at 1.6Ghz@1.9Volts on an SK6 with Delta-8K Screamer.

Might want to look into a Vantec TMD fan with rheostat if the 92mm isn't enough by its own.

--|BRiT|

I had a delta screamer as part of a Globalwin FOP38

Boy was that loud :eek:

Thanks for the recommendation. where in the uk could I get one of those from (if you know)

Ta

T

Back