Why can't we all just get along, huh? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guden Oden

Legend
I mean, if my console of choice 'only' has 3 USB connectors, why get pissy over the competitor having 6?

If my console doesn't have eDRAM and "free" antialiasing, why get defensive over that?

ANY piece of kit designed today is bound to be monstrously powerful anyway simply because of how technology has progressed. We don't need to fight over the little details. Or is it an integral and unavoidable part of human nature we have to whack the other over the head with our respective pieces of hardware and bicker over whose dick is the bigger? :D

I'm tickled pink over the smart design of the xcpu and xenos and the way the two can cooperate in ways previously unimagined in the annals of computing. Then add xbox live and the four extra "circle" buttons on the controller for added features, universal voice communications support etc etc...

I am equally pink'd over the possibilities with the monster-CPU that is cell, with its 4+ megs of on-chip SRAM, multiple CPUs on a chip, and enormously fast interconnecting bus (768 bits (*edit: typo) transferred per clock, OMG), and the GPU is bound to be no slouch also. Add all the awesome I/O possibilities, and you have an incredible system here as well.

Do I really HAVE to concern myself with wether system X is the phatter than system Y when looking at the whole picture? First off, they're so different in design on the whole it's hard to do any real straight comparisons anyway. Would you really compare a 1200cc Honda sports bike with a six-liter, 10cyl Dodge Viper? They both go over 300kph, but other than that, there's not much that is similar other than both have wheels and combustion engines... UNDOUBTEDLY there are areas where x360 knocks PS3 flat. AND the other way around.

My self-image isn't affected wether x360 scores the most points over PS3, even though I am more of a sony guy than a microsoft guy (I really don't like Bill Gates :p), I will buy a PS3 anyway. Also, if PS3 should turn out to be the faster of the two machines, that won't stop me from getting an x360 despite I rather despise billy goat. I am a gamer, not a hardware fanatic! When push comes to shove, the console itself is just a tool, really. A tool that is supposed to bring me fun and pleasure (no, not pleasure like THAT, London-Boy! :LOL:) The tool sits there and runs the games. Doesn't really matter if the casing of it says Sony or Microsoft now does it? :p

Unless we absolutely HAVE to be mad muslims versus crazy christians, and beat each other up with our bibles and korans that is. :devilish:

Of course I acknowledge that a holy war or two every once in a while can be rather fun... But some people here just take things WAYYYY too seriously. Particulary many of you newcomers I have to say. That's just sad, and probably goes to show you don't have much of a life. So take a chill-pill okay? Go play a game or two, have some fun. That's what we're meant to do with our consoles anyway, not kill each other with them. :D

I'm gonna paraphrase George Carlin on this one (things in brackets added/changed by me):

I also look at [the console] war itself a little differently from most. I see it largely as an exercise in dick-waving. That's really all it is: alot of men standing around in a [forum] waving their dicks at one another. Men, insecure abuot the size of their penises, choose to [bitch at] one another.

That's also what all that moron athlete bullshit is all about, and what that macho, male posturing and strutting around in bars and locker rooms represents. It's called 'dick fear.' Men are terrified that their dicks are inadequate, and so they have to 'compete' in order to feel better about themselves.
Pretty much sums it up IMO. ;)

A long post, just to say: Stop being Fanboys people! Stop it, now!

Do you think they'll listen to you? I guess not. That is, if you ask me of course.

Most of thoses fanboys are either doing it for the fun, or are intimately obsessed by corporate alliegance (A.KA.: loonies). Thus telling them to stop won't change a thing. Just look at 99.99% of the Consoles forums of the web. Same ol'shit.

And now B3D Console forum has officially finished its mutation into a cesspool, just like most of other forums before this one.
I mean, just look at how many of the threads these days are, even remotely, related to 3D technology.

I completely agree. I woul dbe more interested in the argument if people were looking all the upsides in the consoles versus trying to put each console down. I prefer Xbox style gaming to Sony style gaming but I'll be damned if I will miss out on the greatness that will be PS3.

Sorry for not laughing at the joke Guden but at the moment i have slightly more pressing problems here in London to care about, than bloody console fanboys...

i'd prefer the 10cyl Dodge Viper . yes thank you sirr
and my dick is also bigger then yours
and yes 6 slots are better then 2

london-boy said:
Sorry for not laughing at the joke Guden but at the moment i have slightly more pressing problems here in London to care about, than bloody console fanboys...
Full blown French vs English >>>>>> pitiable Sonybois vs Xbots vs Nintendrones.

passby said:
london-boy said:

Nothing to do with a Real Madrid fans vs Barcelona fans.

london-boy, all my support to you and all the British citizens.. As a Spaniard I do know what you are going through.

On topic: I still remember my first post (and thread) in an Internet forum, it was weeks after the Xbox was released. It was called "Can we accept that all consoles have acceptable graphics?". Oh dear the replies it got...
I was new to all this world of gaming forums...

Great post Guden Oden

well said 8)

Overly defensive posturing is offensive.

Both machines will do some things better than the other, both machines have great features that go under appreciated by others.

Trying to pound those benefits into each other's heads will not change a thing and just makes a mess.

:)

passby said:
london-boy said:
Oops, I just saw the news about THAT. I thought lb was refering to the Olympic rivalry. Sorry about that.

Vysez said:
And now B3D Console forum has officially finished its mutation into a cesspool, just like most of other forums before this one.
I mean, just look at how many of the threads these days are, even remotely, related to 3D technology.

And do you agree that by just letting trolls post whatever they want (and having the rest of the forum participants try to ignore them) works?

Ty said:
And do you agree that by just letting trolls post whatever they want (and having the rest of the forum participants try to ignore them) works?
Of course, ignoring a problem will make it disappear. Thanks to this incredible thing we call, magic!

You know my point of view on the subject, Ty.

But Dave didn't gave Sonic the Admin powers and he didn't gave the forum more mods neither. Actually, he didn't even adress the problem on the public forum so far, so...

Either Dave has a secret plan that is, as we speak, unfolding, or, he just don't care about the console forum. In both case, all there was to be said, had been said. Just wait and see.

Vysez said:
Ty said:
Of course, ignoring a problem will make it disappear. Thanks to this incredible thing we call, magic!

But Dave didn't gave Sonic the Admin powers and he didn't gave the forum more mods neither. Actually, he didn't even adress the problem on the public forum so far, so...

Either Dave has a secret plan that is, as we speak, unfolding, or, he just don't care about the console forum. In both case, all there was to be said, had been said. Just wait and see.

maybe there is a "secret", unviewable without permissions portion of the website where all the real info goes down ;)

j/k

LB,
Condolences from NYC to all the Londoners. Understand your preoccupation, riding subway to work today here in NY not so pleasant, I work in a major terror target to boot (one of those scoped out 5 buildings named last year, it's also arguably the world's most poorly engineered skyscraper), so my anxiety level is up a bit. Hang in there.
____
Back on topic, sort of: In keeping the all just get along make, love not war theme, assuming for the moment that one were to buy both the Xbox 360 and the PS3 (ignoring Rev for now since no one has a clue really what it is), are there any particular features of either machine that could be exploited together in concert? I assume I'll have both hooked together and to the internet with broadband and output to an HDTV (hopefully 1080p, but I'll have to see).

I'm just wondering if owning both is a positive sum game, or just very duplicative (aside from ability to play exclusive titles). Any ideas on what a really cool dual PS3/360 set up might entail, or are they just going to be totally independent boxes that don't really do anything to complement one another?

Obviously M$ and Sony don't feel like trotting out the advantages of owning both systems, since they are competitors, but I would think there could be some benefits (for example, mooching the 360's HDD space?). Yes, while I'm interested in the specs of both systems, and lean towards Sony, I intend to own both and I'm curious how my entertainment system may be enhanced overall by ownership of two very powerful consoles, putting aside for the moment other add-ons Sony/M$ may be thinking about (eg "Cell Storage").

DEATH!!!! to the BORGonomics practices of MICROsucks. FOr if they prevail and oust everyone. WE, the gamers are DOOMED

Honestly, I think the little fanboy spats bring those with a clue out of the woodwork for some intelligent conversation. Without conflict, or at least differing opinions, there wouldn't be much use for a discussion forum.

gurgi said:
Honestly, I think the little <bleep> spats bring those with a clue out of the woodwork for some intelligent conversation. Without conflict, or at least differing opinions, there wouldn't be much use for a discussion forum.

well said. If you want zero conflict and non-discussion you could just head over to Gaming Age. :rolleyes:

seismologist said:
gurgi said:
Honestly, I think the little <bleep> spats bring those with a clue out of the woodwork for some intelligent conversation. Without conflict, or at least differing opinions, there wouldn't be much use for a discussion forum.

well said. If you want zero conflict and non-discussion you could just head over to Gaming Age. :rolleyes:

Heh, well sure there is such a thing as too much. But overall, I think b3d does pretty well.

Vysez said:

I do know your POV, I just didn't know if you had a change of heart in the manner.

Frankly I'm one who believes in strong moderation simply because it is far too easy to post nonsense on the faceless internet. Anarchy is not conducive imo to open and intelligent discussion as the trolls quickly learn that their behavior is considered acceptable. In fact, I was PM'ed by just one such troll that admitted that he can pretty much argue the way he wants to and face no repercussions.

Vysez said:

Well just splitting the console forum apart from the others won't address the issue directly imo, it will just allow them to ignore it further.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back