Where should I go in Singapore and Japan?

PARANOiA

Veteran
Hello! I am about to book a three-week trek through Singapore and Japan, and am interested in opinions about "must-see" things while over there.

Keep in mind I'm a pretty-big technology nut, so big geek-stores are on my agenda.

Do any games companies do "behind the scenes" tours? Would love to see Nintendo's WIP or something like that.

Thanks!

You might wanna spend a few days in Tokyo. Sony's showroom in Ginza is pretty neat, they got all the latest gadgets on display and best of all your are allowed/encouraged to play arround with all that stuff. Akihabara is a must-see too. Try to locate one of Sega's Joypolis arcades, they usually offer very cool, location-exclusive, high-tech rides and attractions.

epicstruggle said:
Is that the anime crazy part of town?
Akihabara is a district where you'll find all kinds of shops. Software, hardware, games, doujinshi, manga, anime, gadgets, toys, used, new, collector-items ... it's like geeks paradise. I would be careful with the shopping there though, some shops are trying to push list prices or international warranties ... shopping for the same goods can be a lot less expensive in Shibuya or Shinjuku.

Thanks! Will definitely be picking up some sort of gadgetry over there, most likely an MP3 player of some sort.

Also am going to check out some of the temples, etc. I'm embarassed but I really want to see something to do with ninjas :devilish:

But that's just me!

For Singapore you may want to visit Funan and Sim Lim. They're usually pretty good locations in Singapore to visit for finding gadgets and computer stuff.

Edit: I meant Sim Lim square not Sun Tec city. I just remembered when I went to Sun Tec city there was an IT fair there.

Back