When Tuesday does the G70 NDA expire?

It says it's an Ultra!?

GeForce 7800GTX has 24 unit PS lines and 8 unit VS lines. The core frequency is only at 430MHz and memory frequency only at 1200MHz. Uses TSMC 0.11 microns. Ultra arrived with the core speed at 660MHz and memory frequency at 1430MHz.

The pic shows the 660Mhz Core and 1430Mhz Mem.

US

Ultra arrived with the core speed at 660MHz and memory frequency at 1430MHz.

If it arrived at that speed then what are they doing in the overclocking tab? If Ultra's were hitting 660 and Nvidia was speed binning them then wouldn't we have seen quite a few 600Mhz GTXs? Unless it requires a lot more voltage to hit those speeds. In either case I call BS.

Shamino at VR-Zone is claiming the single card 3DMark05 record with 1xGTX with a score of 11307.

742Mhz Core and 1506Mhz Mem

11.3.jpg

Well it definitely seems like the G70 can stretch it's legs.

It's starting to look better and better all the time now. In a year when CPU's hit(hopefully) 5Ghz, the GPU seems like it will be doing better and better.

I'm not an SLI/Crossfire person, and believe the single card option will do me just fine, so seeing the G70 stretch it's legs like that is impressive.

Now I wonder what memory the "Ultra" will have? Imagine the G70 at 1600 mem. and 550 Core.

US

Unknown Soldier said:
In a year when CPU's hit(hopefully) 5Ghz, [...]the GPU seems like it will be doing better and better.

Intel is stuck at 3.8Ghz for a while and even AMD's latest is at 2.8Ghz, what makes you think that 5Ghz will be reached even within two years?

Mordenkainen said:
Unknown Soldier said:
In a year when CPU's hit(hopefully) 5Ghz, [...]the GPU seems like it will be doing better and better.

Intel is stuck at 3.8Ghz for a while and even AMD's latest is at 2.8Ghz, what makes you think that 5Ghz will be reached even within two years?

Well.. use the AMD + performance index for relative Ghz performance..

neliz said:
Mordenkainen said:
Unknown Soldier said:

Well.. use the AMD + performance index for relative Ghz performance..

The AMD notation is already at "4800+" but that's for dual core CPUs which doesn't help much in what Unknown Soldier was talking about.

Mordenkainen said:
The AMD notation is already at "4800+" but that's for dual core CPUs which doesn't help much in what Unknown Soldier was talking about.

Think FX-57ish..

Unknown Soldier said:
What's the performance rating of the New FX-57??

2.2 is 3500+, 2.4 =3800+ It comes at 2.8 right? It should be around 4500+ it easily outscores the 4000+ in just about every benchmark

and for the 5000+.. since the FX-57 can go to 3.8Ghz it shouldn't be a problem..

Unknown Soldier said:

Fecking quick :p

Based on the 4000+, it'd be a 4400+ 'straight' (two PR ratings up from the 2.4GHz 4000+, with the same cache sizes).

Rys said:
Unknown Soldier said:

Fecking quick :p

Based on the 4000+, it'd be a 4400+ 'straight' (two PR ratings up from the 2.4GHz 4000+, with the same cache sizes).

:up: what the man said..

:) I was trying to point that out for Mordie :)

I actually thought the rating would've been around 4800+ .. since it goes head to head with the X2 4800+ on Single processor benchmarks.

I can see the 4400+ though.

US

Back