MBX inside Samsung SPH-M7000

hidefguy said:
What model phones are they? I didn't know that any hardware accelerated OpenGL ES phones were on the market in the US...

I'll answer my own question - the LG VX9800 has QUALCOMM-based hardware accelerated 2D/3D graphics and supports OpenGL ES 1.0.

hidefguy said:
I'll answer my own question - the LG VX9800 has QUALCOMM-based hardware accelerated 2D/3D graphics and supports OpenGL ES 1.0.

Isn't that the one containing ATI's Imageon? If yes for multimedia it should be perfectly fine.....

Ailuros said:
Isn't that the one containing ATI's Imageon? If yes for multimedia it should be perfectly fine.....

I believe that's the LG SV360, which is only available in Korea. I understand from contacts within Qualcomm that the VX9800 uses a Qualcomm-based graphics accelerator.

The VX9800 phone uses the MSM6550 chipset which Qualcomm rates at peak 100K tri/sec and 7M pix/sec. They interestingly also offer a solution rated at peak 4M tri and 133M pix per sec, the MSM7600.

The MSM7xxx line is supposed to integrate ATi's Imageon 3D processors at some point.

M7000 dropped?

FYI, I spoke today at CES with a Korean representative of Samsung in their cell phone division, and he mentioned to me that he thought that the SPH-M7000 has been dropped.

conifrmed by IMG that Sasung had ropped the phone and wished to do a redesign maybe hopefully with their own MBX chip inside.

Back