R520 3DMark 2005 ............ 10K +

Well... Wow, just wow...

Very impressive. We'll see if that is true or not soon enough.. I hope it is true.

IRQ Conflict said:
I beleive it is, although probably with some MAJOR cooling and volt mods.

Heh. Yeah, I thot of that same thread when I read the Inq piece. That'd be Inq's style.

HVZ said:
i believe it will be lucky to break 9k.

I think consumers will be lucky if it breaks either 9k or 10k in '05 . 9k is nothing to sneeze at either . But again this is still a rumour for now .

if 10k is true that is very nice since the unreal engine 3 games are coming soon . I know its just one benchmark but still that is a great increase

Ati themselves saythat crossfire increases single card performance from 15-70% or so, but the reporter at the Inquirer states it will be double the single score. If this is as accurate as he gets then you have to wonder about the original 10k figure as well. It might be true, it's just that the Inquirer is a rumourmill and not a infosource and should be treated as such.

HVZ said:

Did you check out the highscore crossfire link? Someone managed to score over 9k with an X850 XT, granted it was overclocked to hell and back but the fact that it hit the mark is still telling. Current X850s score around 6k at default, an additional 3k isn't that big of a leap imo. Certainly not as difficult as you seem to be suggesting.

ANova said:
HVZ said:

Did you check out the highscore crossfire link? Someone managed to score over 9k with an X850 XT, granted it was overclocked to hell and back but the fact that it hit the mark is still telling. Current X850s score around 6k at default, an additional 3k isn't that big of a leap imo. Certainly not as difficult as you seem to be suggesting.

Agreed. There was ~ 65% clock increase to achieve that score so a 32 pipe R520 even at lower clocks could do 10K. I have a hard time believing that a 24-pipe R520 could do it though unless there were massive improvements to each "pipe".

Jawed said:
Remember R520 pipelines are 1.3x the powa of R420's mere straws. :D

Jawed

Hmm if the R520 has 16 pipelines which are 1.3 as powerful as 'normal' pipelines... and a X850XT scores about 6000 in 3Dm2k5... then a R520 would score 7800 points. :oops: ;)

MuFu said:
10k. Wow, that's 625 points per pipe! EXACTLY AS PLANNED. :oops:

lol.

Can't be! The score is more than 10'000 not exact 10'000. ;)

A x850xt@904/722 does 95xx in 3dm05. So more ALU power/cycle for r520 it's confirmed 8)

CJ said:
Jawed said:
Remember R520 pipelines are 1.3x the powa of R420's mere straws. :D

Jawed

Hmm if the R520 has 16 pipelines which are 1.3 as powerful as 'normal' pipelines... and a X850XT scores about 6000 in 3Dm2k5... then a R520 would score 7800 points. :oops: ;)

and that is the mother of all conspiracies R520 is G70

Heh. Wow this 'pipeline' thing is getting out of hand. These aren't super-uber-RivaTNTs anymore. There is more to these chips than pipelines.....

swaaye said:
Heh. Wow this 'pipeline' thing is getting out of hand. These aren't super-uber-RivaTNTs anymore. There is more to these chips than pipelines.....

For a moment there i thought you were going to say "Perfectly Shaped for Dipping!**"

Anyway, I think those of you who said that scores would be in this direction (hellbinder) deserve a pat on the back...

Back