Xbox Live is over hyped

G

Ok, so you can play online with your console, again.
The games offered are nothing new, nothing that PS2 Live do not have.
What's the deal with XBL when MS could be better off spending the billions on games.

:oops:

The games may be nothing new, but the experience is completely different due to the voice communicator. The voice communicator adds so much to the games and online experience that you'd have to try it to see just how good it is.

Bleh voices bleh!
I could have played CS with voices but i rather turn all off.
VC = another over hyped product. :LOL:

I can't tell if you're just having fun here trolling a lot (because of that stupid smilie after your posts), so I'm not going to bother typing a response other than this. :)

Trolling?
Seriously can you tell me whats the big frickin deal about XBL that have gotten all the MS fanboys wet in their pants?

It is just online gaming, it is nothing new or revolutionary. It is not even the first for consoles and certainly not the one with the most innovative online games.

Sorry, but PS2 online game lists look just as impressive as Xbox's and who knows what Nintendo have up their sleeves.
The closed network also prevents cross platform gaming and limits publishers' freedom.

Simply speaking, XBL is over hyped. It is good that MS is spending billions on it, but it is just over hyped. 8)

A lot of people do make a bigger deal about it than needs to be made, but it is still fantastic and it is better than PS2's online.

Here's why: I don't care if it's already possible on the PC. I'm a PC gamer and I'm a console gamer, I prefer some games on the console and some on the PC.

I REALLY enjoy laying down (literally) on the couch infront of the bigscreen and playing people online without ever needing to type. It's even more enjoyable when it's with your friends. When I go onto the Xbox the first thing I do is check my friends list and see who's on and see if any of them are up for some games.

It's just a really nice overall experience I've had with it so far, and I'm very happy with it. Everything's worked as advertised for me and my friends (*knock on wood*) and we all get a kick out of it.

I think a lot of people exagerate the effect it'll have on sales and the "revolutionary" aspects of it, but there's nothing else like it on the market right now and it's a great service from what I've seen (and I've been on it for 2 months now).

(And the only online game that Sony has that is remotely as fun as MechAssault, Unreal Championship, and Ghost Recon is SOCOM)

The disappointing thing about MS online, is that the games are your typical PC type ones, aside from MvsSnk.
I like to see more console Japanese style online games and more interesting online ideas(due to close network).

MS Live would suffer a tremendous blow if Sony and Nintendo managed to grab hold of some cool Japanese online games. And this not that impossible seeing as how Xbox is all but dead in Japan. :eek:

I am not trolling, i just feel that XBL is over hyped and MS has more to do(ie get more interesting online content) before it can fully justify the claims of how great XBL is, that they and the Xfans are making.

You see, the current lineup of games hardly provide any new online gaming experience and its no where better than what PS2 or even DC providing/provided.

it's got potential. For instance dl'ing and saving new levels and objectives etc.(i.e SC) for games can bring excellent replay value that the other consoles cannot in that regard. If MS utilizes this network well, it could kick arse.

A lot of people do make a bigger deal about it than needs to be made, but it is still fantastic and it is better than PS2's online.

Depends on where you have PlaystationBB... I do like the quick match and more pervasive use of voice chat on Live...

(And the only online game that Sony has that is remotely as fun as MechAssault, Unreal Championship, and Ghost Recon is SOCOM)

Well you essentially just picked a bunch of shooters... I personally enjoyed AutoModellista online the most. Although Frequency and TM:B were pretty fun too...

Chap is a troll that just tries to get a rise out of people. It doesn't matter what platform they like, Chap will trash it just to start an evil thread. Like this one.

Why am i a troll just because i feel XB Live is over hyped by Microsoft and Xbox fanboys?
Maybe we can start a poll to see how many posters feel the same way.

+1 Xbox Live is over hyped. NEXT!

*Remember the word is over hyped* :D

For one thing Xbox live hasn't been hyped much. Most people out there don't actually know it exists yet.

Second, perhaps you should try it out before saying it's "over hyped". Also, not ALL the games on xbox live are just PC titles. out of all the game currnetly available (11), only 3 are availbe on PC. Good luck finding someone to play with.

The other games coming like tennis, and the RPG's MS are working on will not be availble on PC. So I think your reasons for calling it "over hyped" are very premature.

No, I know you're not goign to listen to what anyone says in this thread since you're bent on trying to prove somehting, but honestly, don't say anythign bad about it until you've tried it. MotoGP online is a LOT of fun.

I do not think XBL is overhyped, the concept of online gaming on a large massmarket scale for this gen be it on xbox, ps2 or GC is clearly overhyped nonetheless, but there is always a beginning to every new concept and maybe it will be cool sometimes in the future to remenber that period of pain, trial and error.

some xbox online games do look cook, like fantasy online, but I think the ps2 offering has more (albeit limited) appeal.

I would like to have BB in my area too :(

So far there is not a single PS2 online game that appeals to me. I hate tactical shooters (SOCOM), sports games, and FreQuency and TM:B just look odd. Auto Modelista could be great, but doesn't justify the cost of the network adapter.

On XBL, I'm getting a huge kick out of MotoGP, MechAssault, and Unreal Championship. Granted UC is just UT2k3, but the voice and ease of the XBL network is a HUGE leg up on GameSpy and other PC-related issues.

The XBL framework is only really implemented properly in MotoGP (and Whacked) thus far [the friends list and lobby issues in the other games are b0rked], but these were launch titles.

So, being an online gamer since NetQuake, I'll say that XBL is a much more enjoyable experience than both PC gaming online, and presumably PS2 online (due to the lack of.. well, a network heh).

zurich

edit: forgot to add, the banning of modded Xboxs (and thus potential cheaters) is also a VERY, VERY good thing.

Well this is the sort of topic that I'd never thought chap would be capable of, so something must be up! :oops: Isn't it only another thread here where chap was saying Xbox Live would be the next big wave for Xbox to crush the competition and save the world and so forth?

I would also say that online console gaming that has been touted as the second coming of messiah on the message boards - is really overhyped. I'm not interested in online gaming, but I have nothing against XBL or PS2 or GC online, although I think they will not be a driving force behind console sales anytime soon.

Back