where does the crossfire launch leave r520

WaltC, it's just a little strange that sometimes you go ranting about something some people do when you yourself do the same thing in the same thread... ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I pointed out nVidia's own forums to him were they're not only aggressive but they're absolutely vampant about SLI over there. ;)

"They" being Nvidia fans or Nvidia themselves? Big difference between the two.

WaltC said:
I have to say that I think that most of the inability to comprehend the various little things I might say from time to time is feigned...;) (At least, I hope that is the case...;))

It must be quite an experience living in your world. You are constantly babbling on about irrelevent nonsense and are now passing off others' total incomprehension of this babble as feigned?

So, in other words, you can ramble on all you want whether or not it makes any sense and everyone who can't follow your often baseless logic is "playing dumb" ? That has got to be one of the best disclaimers I've ever seen.

(All this notwithstanding I was responding to digi's link to nvidia's forum and not your usual tripe)

digitalwanderer said:
trinibwoy said:
digitalwanderer said:

I still don't get it. :oops:
Ondaedg was claiming that nVidia wasn't pushing SLI aggressively by pointing out that there is nothing confrontational about nVidia "Get in the Game" SLI website...I pointed out nVidia's own forums to him were they're not only aggressive but they're absolutely vampant about SLI over there. ;)

Precisely. What do the posts on Nvidia's forums have to do with Walt's comments? I wasn't aware that the posters there were official mouthpieces for Nvidia. If they are, I stand corrected.

trinibwoy said:
digitalwanderer said:
trinibwoy said:
digitalwanderer said:

I still don't get it. :oops:
Ondaedg was claiming that nVidia wasn't pushing SLI aggressively by pointing out that there is nothing confrontational about nVidia "Get in the Game" SLI website...I pointed out nVidia's own forums to him were they're not only aggressive but they're absolutely vampant about SLI over there. ;)

Precisely. What do the posts on Nvidia's forums have to do with Walt's comments? I wasn't aware that the posters there were official mouthpieces for Nvidia. If they are, I stand corrected.

Exactly. I don't understand why he linked to a forum.., I linked to Nvidia's own website with information related to SLI. There was nothing on Nvidia's site that was, as Walt would say, pugnacious. ;)

hey i have a question. im running a 4 year old p4 1.4G, intel mboard 4xAGP, , 1G rdram, 9700pro

would i gain anything significant on my old rig by getting an x850 ultra to replace the 9700pro? (or whatever...that will be future crossfire compatible according to ati)

im thinking it's new rig time, but just wondered if there's any 'bang' left in my old box? anyone know?

did 8x AGP ever produce significantly better 'fruit' over 4x AGP?

i currently never run AA,AF.

Cartoon Corpse said:
hey i have a question. im running a 4 year old p4 1.4G, intel mboard 4xAGP, , 1G rdram, 9700pro

would i gain anything significant on my old rig by getting an x850 ultra to replace the 9700pro? (or whatever...that will be future crossfire compatible according to ati)

Only with high res + AA/AF and crossfire is for PCIe cards only.

Edit:
I think you should wait until you upgrade your CPU/motherboard before you buy a new graphics card.

Back