Ign round table from e3

jvd

Banned
INteresting stuff there .

Ivan Sulic, IGN PS2

damn this guy tore into everyone ms , nintendo and esp sony

Then there's Sony and its sweet lie. How wonderful it is, this amazing PS3 that can render Spider-Man 2 in real-time, cook a steak and perhaps even double as some sort of futuristic rocket car.

The few PS3 games shown that were actual games and not pre-rendered artists' interpretations created from a variety of disconnected CG houses were darn neat. Specifically, Insomniac's I-8 looked promising and if Warhawk is real I'm sold. I will soon try and prove that just about everything else shown that claimed to be a game was 100% bogus. Sure, the tech demos were neat, but when you have to lie about your actual games... Man, what does that say about you, your company and your product?

Peer Schneider, IGN Management

Microsoft fired all its ammo during the unimpressive MTV unveiling. Considering the console will launch this year, Microsoft needed to show some hot game demos to convince me that it's time for the next round. But Microsoft had a really problematic E3 before the Xbox launch as well and I'm really happy with how both the machine and the games turned out. With a little more time left in the oven, I'm sure the games will impress. My biggest disappointment: Perfect Dark. The MTV special showed the game as some decent looking drop-camera clips and some horrendously choppy gameplay videos -- certainly not what I was hoping for. The conference showed it as... Oh, wait. It didn't show.

http://insider.ign.com/articles/620/620270p1.html

its really all them just complaining haha . But its interesting to see what each of them though

What's the point of this thread?
IGN editors have opinions like anybody else. And in this case, their opinions are nothing interesting, nor worth discussing, nor even worth reading (If you can read them, since it's a Insider only article...).

By the way, discussing other people opinions, in most case, is a useless thing to do. But when this other person is Ivan Sulic, it's a batshit stupid thing to do.

Ivan Sulic is an idiot. I think he's still reeling from being totally wrong about the 360 and PS3. Overcompensating doesn't make it better. PEACE.

I thought it was interesting considering these people had interactions with the devs and got to see more of the show (closed doors ) than we did . So of them bring up valid points

MechanizedDeath said:
Ivan Sulic is an idiot. I think he's still reeling from being totally wrong about the 360 and PS3. Overcompensating doesn't make it better. PEACE.

You mean this?

Do I think PS3 will have the most amazing graphics? Honestly? Not a chance. Just knowing that NVIDIA is supplying Sony with a stock GeForce 6 successor sobers me up quite a bit. If you remember, the Xbox was powered by a sort of GeForce 3. It was impressive, but not revolutionary.

[...]

Also, ATI has shipped some incredibly impressive graphics cards. From what I understand, the power behind Xbox Next's visuals is said to be leaps ahead of current or even next-generation PC hardware (which means hardware that will release in six months and 12 months, respectively). It's such a robust piece of technology that I've heard Epic's astonishing Unreal 3.0 engine runs maxed out on it without a hitch, and after virtually no work put into the port. Now that's impressive. For those that don't know, the Unreal 3.0 tech features the equivalent of richly detailed Todd McFarlane toys that happen to be capable of moving realistically. It's total insanity. Conversely, I've heard nothing but, "Man is that beast going to be tough and expensive to develop for," from potential PS3 devs.

Kinda :LOL: if you ask me.

jvd said:
INteresting stuff there .

Ivan Sulic, IGN PS2

damn this guy tore into everyone ms , nintendo and esp sony

Then there's Sony and its sweet lie. How wonderful it is, this amazing PS3 that can render Spider-Man 2 in real-time, cook a steak and perhaps even double as some sort of futuristic rocket car.

The few PS3 games shown that were actual games and not pre-rendered artists' interpretations created from a variety of disconnected CG houses were darn neat. Specifically, Insomniac's I-8 looked promising and if Warhawk is real I'm sold. I will soon try and prove that just about everything else shown that claimed to be a game was 100% bogus. Sure, the tech demos were neat, but when you have to lie about your actual games... Man, what does that say about you, your company and your product?

Peer Schneider, IGN Management

Microsoft fired all its ammo during the unimpressive MTV unveiling. Considering the console will launch this year, Microsoft needed to show some hot game demos to convince me that it's time for the next round. But Microsoft had a really problematic E3 before the Xbox launch as well and I'm really happy with how both the machine and the games turned out. With a little more time left in the oven, I'm sure the games will impress. My biggest disappointment: Perfect Dark. The MTV special showed the game as some decent looking drop-camera clips and some horrendously choppy gameplay videos -- certainly not what I was hoping for. The conference showed it as... Oh, wait. It didn't show.

http://insider.ign.com/articles/620/620270p1.html

its really all them just complaining haha . But its interesting to see what each of them though

I find it very uninteresting what the guys at IGN think. Pointless really.

"Also, ATI has shipped some incredibly impressive graphics cards. From what I understand, the power behind Xbox Next's visuals is said to be leaps ahead of current or even next-generation PC hardware (which means hardware that will release in six months and 12 months, respectively). It's such a robust piece of technology that I've heard Epic's astonishing Unreal 3.0 engine runs maxed out on it without a hitch"

If he said that about ATI's GPU back when 360 was still called Xbox Next he must have some pretty good info, cause he was bang on.

If he said that about ATI's GPU back when 360 was still called Xbox Next he must have some pretty good info, cause he was bang on.
His quote was made at such time that it suggests R500 would be leaps and bounds ahead of PC hardware such as G70 and R520.

he was alluding to EDRAM and unified shaders, both not expected to be seen in GPU's for several genarations, and neither are in the G70 or R50.

he was alluding to EDRAM and unified shaders, both not expected to be seen in GPU's for several genarations, and neither are in the G70 or R50.
That information was from couple of months ago tops, when everyone and their mother already knew or suspected that kind of tech is going to be in the R500.

Ivan Sulic is neither very well informed nor very knowledgeable (but he is very opinionated, and more oftan than not ends up being wrong).

Back