Perfect Dark Zero: On the path to gaming glory?

Brimstone said:
Xeno said:
I think his point was, "What does Perfect Dark Zero offer us that other shooter games don't already?"...What's so great about Pefrect Dark and why should I even look forward to it? To me PD0 looks like another Halo FPS game that will be hyped beyond belief by fanboys and MS.

One aspect of inovation is that PDZ will be perhaps the most polyvalent games ever released. Each of the single and multiplayer modes will have a cyclopean stature.

The creation of PDZ has been going full bore side by side with the XB-360 since its genesis. The technology powering the game will exploit all the dreadnaught firepower of the 3 core cpu and gpu imbued with 10 MB of eDRAM.

The XB-360 ontroller is much improved over what the N64 provided.

Online play taking advantage of LIVE.

4 X A.A. at 720p resolution.

Game physics will be much more sophisticated.

Better weapon ballistics. (material penetration with body armor)

Yeah, side by side with x360, that's why the MTV showing made it look like an xbox 1 game.

I am excited about Live though, considering that what Rare did with multiplayer and multiplayer options in perfect dark(and to a lesser extent, conker) still far surpasses pretty much all games available today.(super smash bros melee also had quite a comprehensive multiplayer mode that deserved to be online)

I came across an article explaining the "3rd person lean against an object view" and how its used in combat.

The second maneuver allows players to take cover behind a variety of objects, from buildings to balcony railings. Simply approach any structure large enough to hide behind and an ‘A’ icon will appear indicating that the player can go into cover mode to lean against or duck behind it. Again, the camera leaves the first person mode and switches to a view similar to that in Metal Gear Solid, giving a view of what’s around the corner. From this view, players can aim a reticule over the character’s shoulder and attempt to line it up with the source of the incoming fire. Pulling the R trigger causes the character to perform a spin, bringing the view back to first person with the reticule aimed in the exact position it was from the cover view. Releasing the R trigger is all it takes for the character to spin back and return to the cover viewpoint. The catch is players are tethered to the location and are essentially sitting ducks for any opponent that comes across their position from the other direction due to the camera angle.

http://xbox.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4991&pg=4&comments=&preview=

If they do the same with the gameplay aspects than they did with screenshots expect much more to come.

Rare is used to bring some very new and nice gameplay mechanics ( like Kameo) I expect them to bring more thinghs this time too

Fox5 said:
Well, it's not like Rare has been working for free either for the last 4 years, they've got buildings to pay for, updated equipment and software to pay for, and 100+ employees to pay.

Why do you think MS Office retails for over $200. :)

Conker is unlikely to sell well, though hopefully it'll do better than the n64 version(which eventually made it up to half a million sold). I doubt Kameo is going to do great either, and Grabbed by the Ghoulies didn't do well.

I wouldn't speculate Conker sales just cause GBTG was a stinker. Conker has very good word of mouth among the Xbox community and I wouldn't be surprised to see Ninja Gaiden level sales numbers. Especially considering the strong multiplayer components. As I recall n64-conker came out in march/2001 (well after most gamers gave up on their n64 and a bit into the nextgen era).

As for Kameo, don't you think that's a little premature. I mean the game looks gorgeous. ;)

kameo_11.jpg

This game is looking gorgeos, even each one of the 3k+ of the trolls, and they (sayed) that they will be able to put 9k+ on screen at once with final HW, each one with their own individual AI ( I wonder I we would want 9k trolls :? but... :D :D :D ).

I can just imagine PDZ :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea: :!: :idea:

Acert93 said:
All with 50 players and destructable environments. I cannot remember the last time I was on a CONSOLE with 50 players in a fast FPS type game (hint: never), but I know on the PC 30+ players on a solid server is rare. If Rare can do half of what they want, and it plays well (like 007 and PD) then it is a winner.

The 50+ players is probably a result of dedicated servers set up by Microsoft on LIVE. If not, I haven't a clue as to how RARE will be able to come up with network code that supports so many players and result in a lag free online experience.

I wonder how much it's going to cost MS set up dedicated online servers around the world and the amount of bandwidth they will consume. And what happens with other games like Ghost Recon 3, will they get access to these dedicated servers or does UBI have to pay for them? If UBI has to pay, they will pass on the cost to the consumer.

cybamerc said:
Kameo looks awful in motion. There are current gen games with better animation.

Are you kidding? It looks fantastic in motion.

And I've seen much worse animation from next-gen games. Look at Gears of War, Oblivion, or Dark Sector if you want to see bad animation.

cybamerc said:

Any 360 game running on a Alpha 360 devkit will have jerky animation at this point. I believe Rare recently got Beta kits but nobody wated to risk a bsod. Especially after the Forza fiasco and w98 demo. The only way around this would have been to farm out 'approximation movies' to CGI houses (cough killzone2 cough).

Pozer said:
cybamerc said:

Any 360 game running on a Alpha 360 devkit will have jerky animation at this point. I believe Rare recently got Beta kits but nobody wated to risk a bsod. Especially after the Forza fiasco and w98 demo. The only way around this would have been to farm out 'approximation movies' to CGI houses (cough killzone2 cough).

(cough PGR3 cough) :rolleyes:
So easy to jump the gun on the same old story (killzone) when MS has done exactly the same...

london-boy said:
Pozer said:
cybamerc said:

So easy to jump the gun on the same old story (killzone) when MS has done exactly the same...

Didn't MS say some parts of PGR3 was realtime?

london-boy said:
Pozer said:
cybamerc said:

Exactly, PGR3 and especially Killzone2 (earlier in developement) would have been slideshows shown on their dev kits in real time. Im was just stating the only way to show smooth gameplay would be to show a prerendered movie cause final silicon is not available yet for either system. As to whether those movies are embelished is a completely different argument. Judging from tech demos from days of old from both companies, but especially SOny, I'd say YES!

This guys think very well from the game

http://xbox.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=4991

I wonder if we will be able to create maps, with few (big but few), and to continue the "customization tradition", from the series and also a showcase from one of the new main features from live (market place, or whatever is its name)...

Would be really nice :D

cybamerc said:

what video did u see ? The ones i saw had hundreds of characters on screen at once all with animations at least as complex as the best games of today that have much fewier characters .

Egm has a picture of the diffrence between kameo xbox and kameo x360 and the diffrence is drastic

Blimblim said:
Found on score-games.com (french games retailer)

perfectdarkzero01_010605.jpg

perfectdarkzero02_010605.jpg

pgr3_02_010605.jpg

BlimBlim from the GAF posted up these from a french site. PD0's looking really good, though those are small shots. The bottom shot is from PGR3.

Those shots are quite small, we should have a loot at the full sized ones. It's easy to make a small shot look good.

The first PDZ shot looks very nice though, with the sun rays and all. Nice lighting.

Back