I hate time warner/Scientific Atlanta hardware!

RussSchultz

Professional Malcontent
Veteran
I came home, all set for the new episode of Lost, and what do I see?

"Unrecoverable write error".

/must strangle somebody

I feel your pain, I missed taping it for my wife due to a slight "5 year old covering a puppy in toothpaste" incident which got me a bit distracted. :?

And btefnet is still down so it probably won't be available to download for another 4-5 hours. :(

I have the DVR 8000 I think and I'm on my 3rd or 4th box in less than two years. The hard drives keep failing. Probably because it records 24/7. Even when turned off. Recently the hard drive has appeared to fail a few times and the software turns it off. The only way to get it to recognized the hard drive is to unplug it.

I'd like to get another system, but haven't found anything I really like yet for a reasonable cost. It's hard to beat the $6 a month I pay now.

digitalwanderer said:
I feel your pain, I missed taping it for my wife due to a slight "5 year old covering a puppy in toothpaste" incident which got me a bit distracted. :?
Hahaha Digi, your kids always do the darndest things! I never heard of anyone else's kid doing the stuff yours get up to. :) Well, I do have a friend my age that when he was in junior high smeared butter all over a classmate's bike saddle and front door to their house for whatever reason... Don't ask - he's kind of kooky in a way, but married and a responsible parent these days (two wee girlies).

Back