NV30 only as tech preview Monday...

how disappointing.

Nvidia is going to need to get NV35 out as soon as possible (no later than fall) if it wants to prevent ATI from overtaking it, IMHO.

Username said:
obviously there will be NV30's at Comdex. The chip is done. The reference is done. I don't see the point of you posting several times a day in every graphics related thread about the horrors of Nvidia's position.
Your information has been so accurate in the past. Let me remind you:
Username said:
I also said the R300 was not going to be considerably faster than the GeForce 4 series, and when the NV30 drops, its going to completely annihilate the R300.
Username said:
At any rate, the NV30 is going to seriously throttle the R300, and in a few months the R300 boosters will seem only slightly less ridiculous than the Parhelia banner carries (god bless thier souls). When you have the highest performing products on the market, you can charge a premium. As far as which company "executed" better, we'll see when the OEM wins are announced.
I especially like this one:
Username said:
Has OpenGL guy made a post that didnt have at least some amount of FUD in regards to Nvidia products?
Username said:
Amazing.. more than 350 posts about a driver release. I imagine the noise is going to become positively deafening next month.
Note that this was posted on Sept. 1.

Maybe you should stick with posting facts... wait, you haven't exactly set a trend doing that, have you?

Grall said:
alexsok said:
Well. you guys won't see any perfomance numbers... trust me on this one...

Like we were supposed to trust you on the chip having 256-bit memory? ;)

*G*

Or like we were supposed to trust him on the card immediate availability?

:p

Username said:
Martrox, obviously there will be NV30's at Comdex.

Why is this so 'obvious'? :rolleyes:

The chip is done.

We don't know this. I suspect more difficulties behind this very late mass availability (February/March).

The reference is done.

Same as above.

I don't see the point of you posting several times a day in every graphics related thread about the horrors of Nvidia's position.

? What?
You don't see the point criticizing Nvidia also, do you? :p ;)

BTW, I guess we'll see SOME card... running on SOME frequency and showing SOME demo... and nothing else. Only papers, maybe selected tests for certain functions but no free, hard tests.

EDIT: typo

RussSchultz said:
Please, take your petty arguments elsewhere. Like email.

Buuuut...those arguments just aren't the same if you can't air them publically to humiliate your adversary!!! :LOL:

Hypocrisy is what I call it. A pm is just as easy to tell someone to take their arguements elsewhere. Nonetheless an idiotmeter might be nice, so we could rank people to be stupid(those such as myself), so foolish posts can be ignored judging by the authors rank. A scarlet letter eh?

Personally, if I was known in a public forum as an employee of any one IHV, I'd stay out of arguments where it is especially about products other than those from my company (i.e. I'd stick to posting stuff about my company's products, be it in the form of defending incorrect posts about my company's product(s) and/or software). I'd refrain from "downplaying" another company's products/paper-specs/etc.

But that's just me.

Reverend said:
Personally, if I was known in a public forum as an employee of any one IHV, I'd stay out of arguments where it is especially about products other than those from my company (i.e. I'd stick to posting stuff about my company's products, be it in the form of defending incorrect posts about my company's product(s) and/or software). I'd refrain from "downplaying" another company's products/paper-specs/etc.

But that's just me.

I completely agree. And that's not directed at anyone in particular.

Reverend said:

But that's just me.

Where did he "downplay" another company's product? Where did he get involved in an argument about products from another company? All he did was call another user on his credibility. And backed it up with examples.

That is very good point about IHV's sticking to their own products, imho. However, credibility is very important to many, too.

If I may, one of the biggest cause for fan-boy posting in general is posters that don't even own the product and yet offer negative tones about the product they worked hard to buy. Not diplomatic if that makes any sense. When this happens you have hordes of owners that feel the need to defend their product for the most part. Some of these defenders so-to-speak feel the need to fire out cheap-shots back and all hell breaks out, hehe.:) Humor is one thing, or bust'n is another but the key is why can't posters talk about pro's and con's without a thread ending up in a flame fest and pissing contest in a lot of cases? Why does this seem to happen in many forums? It is truly amazing how there is camps in a way. I am guilty at times and find myself in these threads and I ask myself why at times? hehe.:)

sorry if this has been posted already.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=4057

nv301.jpg

nv302.jpg

nv303.jpg

nv304.jpg

plus this:
http://www.nvnews.net
"I just received word that NVIDIA has just updated their "Are You
Ready" website to include a new movie showing an interview with Tim
Sweeney. At the time this was written, the link was present but not
yet functional. The movie can be found by clicking the "n" symbol in
the lower-right portion of the screen and by using "cinefx" as a guest
password. Thanks to Michael for the information!"

more Nvidia movies. couldn't get the Sweeney interview to run though, I guess it was taken down.
http://www.nvidia.com/content/areyouready/index.html

Chalnoth,

i really dont understand your post. You and type both work at Nvnews.. right? yet this conversation just took place at Rage3d between Type and myself.

i said this..

Just think about this. Rumored claims are that the Nv30 outperforms the 9700 by 30%. Yet they have 100mhz higher clore clock, 200mhz faster ram, and beyond dx9 technology. Does that make any sense to you at all??

Type replied with this..

OK...For the last time dude.

I don't know where you get your information from...but it's NOT right. Therefore, you cannot possibly make any claims...one way or another...on this issue.

I'm not going to tell you the numbers that I know, but you're _way_ off. Wait until tomorrow, and you will see the error in your ways.

Dont you guys talk? it sounds to me like Nvnews got some information. I assumed that you guys were going to post a preview also. Yet you are saying in this thread that you dont know anything about the Nv30.

Type seems to be indicating that the Nv30 is going to have considerably higher clock speeds. At least.. thats what i think he is saying.

John Reynolds said:
Reverend said:

But that's just me.

I completely agree. And that's not directed at anyone in particular.

I've seen one of the B3D staff trying hard NOT to. I agree too with Rev.

Hellbinder[CE said:
]Type seems to be indicating that the Nv30 is going to have considerably higher clock speeds. At least.. thats what i think he is saying.

Why do you think the only way to extract preformance is threw linear increases in (a) Clock Speed, (b) Memory Speed, (c) Memory bus-with.

If he is correct, a 30% increase in preformance [granted that it's not a "PR/Specific case scenario] is not going to be gained threw linear advances in memory subsystem and core clock speeds over a competitor whose facing the same barriers - Moore's Law and Packaging. It's going to be an architectural/computational advancement. Atleast IMHO :)

Reverend said:

But that's just me.

Agreed. I've even been surprised that IHV/OEM employees have revealed their employment status. Perhaps a more neutral posture is more prudent... Imagine if the Nvidia people "came out"... :eek:

Edit: I recant! Disregard the above malarky...

Back