Is G4 TV owned by sony?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, what I was getting at was that the KZ footage would be more likely to be "real" if that "insider" were to be believed, if it was "real" CGI cutscene as opposed to supposedly in-game.

Jon Brittan said:
Sorry, what I was getting at was that the KZ footage would be more likely to be "real" if that "insider" were to be believed, if it was "real" CGI cutscene as opposed to supposedly in-game.

Well, just the fact that we saw it means that it's real. Otherwise it wouldn't exist. ;)

Nothing in Sony E3 conference was real!!! :oops:
They drugged every attendance to sleep, and afterwards they just put this completely pre-rendered fake conference video on circulation.
People who were there, drugged and inconscious, now believe what they see in the video is what they saw at the conference.

Even Ken Kutaragi is prerendered in that video, and no, he is not rendered with PS3 but xbox360 devkit!

rabidrabbit said:
Nothing in Sony E3 conference was real!!! :oops:
They drugged every attendance to sleep, and afterwards they just put this completely pre-rendered fake conference video on circulation.
People who were there, drugged and inconscious, now believe what they see in the video is what they saw at the conference.

Even Ken Kutaragi is prerendered in that video, and no, he is not rendered with PS3 but xbox360 devkit!

:oops: :oops: That's the big surprise!! They were all holograms!! Ken, the PS3, the videos!! All rendered by PS3!!!

Kolgar said:
jvd said:
The only thing sony did right was show marketing specs down our throats and show pretty cgi for most of thier apps .

Please, jvd. So much bitterness! :)

I concur. I guess hell hath no fury like jvd's scorn. Sony must've done something terrible to him in his childhood or something.

jvd said:
The funny thing after watching the whole show . Is when they admit they dunno if its real time but yet the claim its a halo killer .

Thats pretty silly if you ask me . They should have been responsable and check the facts before the reported on them .

They spent a whole show hyping it and then they said they didn't know if it was real time .

Kinda sad

This I agree with.

london-boy said:
Jon Brittan said:

Well, just the fact that we saw it means that it's real. Otherwise it wouldn't exist. ;)

50% of exactly, the guys "it's real" comment can be considered entirely throw away.
The other 50%, could be considered "It's really from Killzone" as in not just a piece of video which'll never be seen again.
Ultimately adding up to 100% of not very much whatsoever other than his "it's real" not proving it's real-time.

Acert93 said:
Kolgar said:
Sony's conference showed previews of many more games I'm interested in - Tekken, Killzone, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, GT5, Killing Day, that Insomniac war shooter, and MotorStorm, to name some a few

Yeah, you saw a whole lot of previews... of FMV :rolleyes:

Could do without that, sir, thank you very much.

You are a Sony fan, no problem being excited about what may come. But I am not a Sony/MS/Nintendo fan. I am a game fan.

That sounds pretty pompous, and I resent it. Now, I don't need to explain myself to you, but I will: I love games. My house is littered with game systems from nearly every company that ever mattered. There's an Xbox and a Gamecube hooked up in my living room right now, right next to my PS2.

But as 80 million PS2 owners will attest, SONY HAS THE MOST GAMES. That's a fact, and that's the reason they sell more game systems than anyone else. Accepting that fact, it makes sense that Sony also offers the most games I'm interested in. Which does not make me a "Sony fan," although I do believe they have their act down tighter than MS or Nintendo - something that's pretty clear to anyone with intelligence and objectivity.

If Tekken and Killzone and all the rest - or even a few of them - went to Xbox 360 or Revolution, I can promise you I'd buy that console. I could give a damn about the name on the console. I want to play the games that appeal to me.

So you may come down off your high horse now, friend, and I'd thank you for it.

In that regards, like I have said in at least a dozen posts, I will wait for actual games and see them (and even play them in person) before I start spouting "This game is the best" or "This is the game I was waiting for". Graphics are only one element; at this point the top MS games look just as good as the Sony best games (CGI vs. CGI).

Aside from being condescending, you've put words into my mouth. I never said, "this game is the best," regarding ANYTHING at this E3. And obviously I understand that graphics are not the end-all, be-all. When I say I'm looking forward to the games, it's the CONTENT that I'm talking about. I WANT TO PLAY the next Tekken, Killzone, Warhawk, etc., because I have enjoyed them in the past.

Everything else in your post hits on subjective preferences, except my contention of the above, which is, once again, that as impressive as MS's showing was, Sony has a bigger lock on the games most people want to play.

Kolgar said:
Acert93 said:
Kolgar said:
Sony's conference showed previews of many more games I'm interested in - Tekken, Killzone, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, GT5, Killing Day, that Insomniac war shooter, and MotorStorm, to name some a few

You are a Sony fan, no problem being excited about what may come. But I am not a Sony/MS/Nintendo fan. I am a game fan.

That sounds pretty pompous, and I resent it. Now, I don't need to explain myself to you, but I will: I love games. My house is littered with game systems from nearly every company that ever mattered. There's an Xbox and a Gamecube hooked up in my living room right now, right next to my PS2.

Don't worry about it, he accused me of seeing everything through "bias filtered" glasses too. It's kind of funny, because The PS2 is the only console that I don't own from the last generation. :)

Aside from being condescending, you've put words into my mouth. I never said, "this game is the best," regarding ANYTHING at this E3. And obviously I understand that graphics are not the end-all, be-all. When I say I'm looking forward to the games, it's the CONTENT that I'm talking about. I WANT TO PLAY the next Tekken, Killzone, Warhawk, etc., because I have enjoyed them in the past.

Everything else in your post hits on subjective preferences, except my contention of the above, which is, once again, that as impressive as MS's showing was, Sony has a bigger lock on the games most people want to play.

The only thing I wish is that we would have seen a bit more varried demos for the PS3. It seemed like most of the air time was given to racing games and first person shooters. Granted, I suppose that these kinds of games show off the hardware a lot more effectively than something like an rpg. Personally I can't wait for games like oblivion to come out, especially if we start seeing characters in the game interacting with each other in complex ways. I'd love to be able to help write the AI code for something like this. It'd be like working on a giant simulation. :)

Nite_Hawk

mckmas8808 said:
And to think everybody thought Sony was dead in the water because they weren't releasing enough info. Then BAM!! they hit M$ with everything they had. At least half of those videos were real so stop with the lies!!!

Sony hates love to believe their own lies. No matter what, they'' keep repeating that PS2 demoes weren't matched bu actual PS2 games, lol.

I can see that some people actually feel uncomfortable knowing that the PS3 might actually be able to produce graphics that are truly next-gen. Not some .5 games. X360 also had great looking games, but the fact is PS3 games stole the show.

Wait! Is that the #85660 topic that start with a discussion about *something* and turn into a debate about what was and what wasn't pre-rendered at the Sony conf.?

I entered the thread thinking that people were really discussing about G4|TechTV. But well...

mckmas8808 said:
I can see that some people actually feel uncomfortable knowing that the PS3 might actually be able to produce graphics that are truly next-gen. Not some .5 games. X360 also had great looking games, but the fact is PS3 games stole the show.

That boxing game didn't impress me. That head demo didn't impress me. That Eyetoy was kinda cool, but it didn't impress me. That leaves demo didn't impress me. That spiderman demo didn't impress me. UT07 was cool but it didn't impress me. FF7 demo was impressive.

So what the heck does impress you PC-Engine? It looks like you don't like good looking stuff. The Doc Ock head realtime demo was very impressive. I swear to god my mom thought it was the real movie.

The Eyetoy didn't impress you? What!!! The guy throwing water out of the glass across the tub didn't impress you? What does then because to me in a way that impress me more than the KZ stuff.

The boxing game is very impressive in its own right. The facial expressions are the best that any game has shown so very in history.
The jiggle of the flesh on the face (the part that EA showed like 400 times) when punched was very impressive.

And with UE2007 Im just going to leave that alone. It shows that something is truly wrong with your judgement of videogames. I'm thinking should I quote you statement and put it into the bottom of my post everytime just to show everybody how crazy some of your comments can get.

Example:

That boxing game didn't impress me. That head demo didn't impress me. That Eyetoy was kinda cool, but it didn't impress me. That leaves demo didn't impress me. That spiderman demo didn't impress me. UT07 was cool but it didn't impress me. FF7 demo was impressive.

For my part, all this talk about PS3 owning X360 etc. is all a bunch of crap. If anyone on this forum can give concrete proof that X360 is finished before it even leaves the starting gate i'll go buy a PS3 AS SOON AS IT COMES OUT!!! But i'm sure that none of you can. What happened yesterday was very clean and simple for everyone to see. Sony came with there guns blazing & blew MS out the water!!. I won't speak about Nintendo cause i'm not really sure what to think about them. Sony seams to have MS clearly in their site so it's best to deal with that. They brought all these BEAUTIFUL looking games to show. I sat down and looked at my tv & my jaw just dropped! Wow, that's what we'll be playing when PS3 drops!

Or is it? Will we get that at launch? Cause if that's just a demo of what the graphics are going to look like I'll wait. Why should i get all weak in the knees over something that they haven't delivered yet. If they had Killzone as a playable on the show floor i'd be sold. But dev kits have been only out around for 2 months, nobody really had much time on them and you show me these amazing things? Don't bamboozel me with bullshit. Show me what you've done with it so far, show me the proof that you have the ability to harness all the power you've built. Show me that you have dev behind you. Not just your inner circle of dev however, but some of the outsiders. Cause if they can harness the power of your console then I'm sold. But when you bring only your 1st tier devs & you only show "demos' of what they are "going" to do I'm going to hold out on saying X360 is dead.

You can at least see what MS is doing. It may not look like much to some of you compared to PS3's stuff but you can see what happening and they have a sold foundation at least in the first wave of games.

And they should have more playables. The system is coming out 6 to 12 months before Sony's. For the sake of X360's future they should have something playable.

I think people also need to realize that some of these games will be released at launch, but at the USA launch not Japans. So some dev teams will have a few more months to clean everything up before the sysem is released Stateside.

I will mention again that Epic only used the GPU. They didn't use the cell chip at all.

Shifty Geezer said:
So nothing in the entirety of E3 has impressed you?

I was just talking about the SONY demos. As for the rest of SONY's presentation, I thought PS3 having all of those flash slots, WiFi, Gigabit Ethernet, dual HDMI, USB etc. was impressive, but the controller and the case design was not. The new PS3 font looked stupid too. Should've stuck with the classic PS font.

Kolgar said:

Do without what? You talked about the games, I purely pointed out they were not showing many GAMES. If you cannot understand that...

That sounds pretty pompous, and I resent it.

:rolleyes: You guys can try to dish it, but when called on it... If challenging your statements is pompous then so be it.

Btw, the forum has a neat feature where you can review people's posts. I do not need to defend my observation; even your post I first quoted quite clearly shows your game interest without even seeing games.

But as 80 million PS2 owners will attest, SONY HAS THE MOST GAMES. That's a fact, and that's the reason they sell more game systems than anyone else. Accepting that fact,

This goes back to the original point: You were claiming a mixed message and not about the games. MS has clealry shown an emphasis on games. How a console did the previous generation only has so much bearing on the next generation. Fact: I never predicted the death of Sony, far from it. Fact: MS has made huge strides in 5 years in game support.

Fact is MS will probably have the most launch titles any console has released with 40 and will have a significant lead in games when the PS3 launches. They may not be offering games you like, but the objective stance is they are offering a diverse portfolio.

And again, Sony showed just a sliver of actual games and a lot of FMV. Whether we see that quality IN GAME is totally unknown. The ingame stuff like Fight Nights was clearly substandard and the UT2007 is tit for tat with GoW. And do not take my word for it:

"Biggest moment had to be GoW with the Unreal Engine 3 running. It was the only [his emphasis] thing you could really look at from the Sony press conference to the MS press conference to give a straight one to one comparison. And quite honestly it looked awesome."

Adam Pavlacka, Hardcore Gamer Magazine

So pardon me if I do not get too excited about FMV, especially for games that are sequals to duds (Killzone). I am not dissing the PS3 (just look at my post history) but I am not going to get all geeked out either without actually seeing some game. The FMV from both was impressive, the actual gameplay footage for both was on par. So far MS has announced more games in development.

So you may want to bash my intelligence and objectivity, when talking about this generation I think judging the quality of a platform off of some FMV is silly. If it is about the games as you say and the selection obviously MS has a lead at this point. But I am not hearing that from your thread at all...

And talk about twisting... Fact is it is about content. That WAS MY POINT. Thanks for emphasizing it FOR ME.

:LOL: The irony of that statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back