Nintendo e3 thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teasy said:
Looks like two companies exagerating and one being modest, as usual.

A XB360 is at least 10 times faster than the XBOX and looking at pure math calculation the PS3 is at least 30 times faster than PS2.

I don't think Sony or Microsoft is really exagerating, but I really hope Nintendo is being very conservative.

No i'm sorry to say, MS and Sony are both lying.

First the 1TFlop on X360, then Sony countering with their 2TFlop figure... Where the hell did they get those figures from?!! I mean, really... if you're going to lie, at least make it so that no one finds out.

In the end, we should only look at the videos, see what's on offer and go from there. The number talsk have always been totally useless, not sure anyone really listens to those.

This seems like a confirmation, unless Nintendo is playing games (no pun intended) Revolution is a GC on sterioids and not a true next gen architecture.

When it comes to Nintendo that's not really a confirmation of anything. Most of the time they're so unnecessarily and often stupidly modest when it comes to hardware that its frankly unreal.

I just hope they're being modest this time.

A XB360 is at least 10 times faster than the XBOX and looking at pure math calculation the PS3 is at least 30 times faster than PS2.

Basing things on one kind of pure math calculations is exagerating though. Its not lying no, just exagerating.

If it's only 2-3 time more powerful than GCN but can still put out physics, animation, and graphics on par with Xbox360 then I'll be happy. I just hope it's not worse than Xbox360 though. If it's worse then they'll have to price it really cheap.

I will say this though, by the looks of the system they've come out with a sleek and sexy looking console. So they've avoided the mistake they made last generation of making their console look cute and colourful, which is a big step forward IMO. If they then make it massively underpowered compared to 360/PS3 then I give up on them.. :) Seriously there's no need for it. GC came out at the same time as XBox and while it wasn't as powerful it was certainly close enough and was cheap to make for them (didn't lose any money on hardware). This console is coming out nearly a year after XBox. So there's absolutely no reason to make it underpowered (imagine what GC could have been, for the same cost, if it had released nearly a year after XBox). Seriously I won't buy the console if its seriously underpowered. I'll get a PS3 or XBox 360.. I did it before when I moved from mostly Sega consoles to mostly Nintendo consoles and I can do it again.. take heed Nintendo :D

I'll wait for actual specs before passing judgement but I doubt Nintendo is just being conservative. The Revolution, even if it's more than 2-3 times more powerful than Cube, is probably not going to match the PS3 or Xbox 360 in power. There's probably a reason why both of these systems are huge and the Revolution is not.

teasy, I don't understand how you can on one hand say the other consoles are exagerating on thier specs and nintendo isn't when you simply have no clue about any of the consoles.

Just because nintendo's console will come out last (and not even a year later), doesn't mean it will be the most powerful, specifically when it's so much smaller then the other consoles.

Quincy, I said it looks like this is a case of MS/Sony exagerating and Nintendo being conservative. That's all, I do have a clue about some of the consoles (360 and PS3), as does everyone else here. But in this case I'm just basing my opinion on what I know about each company.

I didn't say anything about Revolution being the most powerful BTW. I'm talking purely about being competative.

I'm pretty sure Nintendo can make a small console and still be within power range of Xbox360. Keep in mind that Xbox360 has the power supply built-in to the console. Revolution will most likely have an external power brick. Nintendo has done it before (powerful but small) with GCN so there's no reason why they couldn't do it again. I'm guessing a lower power design with lower clock speeds. If they plan to price it at $300 then surely they can pack it full of power. Even if they launch at $200 like GCN they could still pack it with enough power.

PC-Engine said:
I'm pretty sure Nintendo can make a small console and still be within power range of Xbox360. Keep in mind that Xbox360 has the power supply built-in to the console. Revolution will most likely have an external power brick. Nintendo has done it before (powerful but small) with GCN so there's no reason why they couldn't do it again. I'm guessing a lower power design with lower clock speeds. If they plan to price it at $300 then surely they can pack it full of power. Even if they launch at $200 like GCN they could still pack it with enough power.

You're not necessarily wrong there, no internal hard drive, no internal power source, you can soon start to lose requirement for unit size, the cooling is then the only real consideration...

BTW I was just thinking of some of the developer comments on Revolution. Ones we know are 100% true and not just second hand info. Like the ones from Wada at Square-Enix.

Surely he wouldn't be so hyped about the system and promising big support if it truely was extremely underpowered.

Also just think if all we had to go on for GC before launch was the 6-12 million polygon number Nintendo came out with. We'd think that was extremely underpowered compared to PS2 and XBox. Even so despite all of this I have to admit Nintendo have me worried, the bastards :LOL:

Anyone wann make a quick guess as to what Revolution will look like? Here's mine:

Rectangular instead of round.
Color will be black, white, or mirror finish.
Will use a yellow color LED for power light.

Why guess?

e3-2005-revolution-revealed.jpg

Is that it??? That's friggen sweet!!

Hmm....is that a blue LED lighting up that DVD slot???

Anyway if Hollywood and Broadway is anything to go by then Revolution should be quite powerful.

Yeah, its very small, which really worries me, but prove me wrong Nintendo, prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back