Playstation 3 e3 thread 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvd

Banned
Please post information from e3 in this thread .

Any big subjects like the cell specifications and the gpu specifications can be discussed in thier private threads but game info , price , general specs , images please keep to this thread .

Some pre-show teasing by Sony:

playstation3notiziaps310lk.jpg

Apparently it you're on your way to LA for E3 you should see these billboards and other posters around the place.

I wonder what the "chang3" will be? ;)

Jawed said:
I think the main word on that billboard is meant to be read as LOVE.

I hope I`m not stating the obvious here. It represents the Controllers Buttons. Starting at the Top, clockwise: /\ O X []

I dint understand the "Welcome to the third place" Slogan either (is it: 1=Reality, 2=Dreams, 3=Playstation ?? ), so dont think I get the meaning

Some people say the symbols vaguely represent "2006" ;)

I wouldn't invest too much weight in that Apple/Sony story, though..

Npl said:
Jawed said:
I dint understand the "Welcome to the third place" Slogan either

Quick explanation of the Third Place campaign. It was based on a well known theory put forward by sociologists in the early 90's.

The theory goes like this:

1st place is your home
2nd place is where you work
3rd place is where you go to relax, unwind, recharge your batteries, do stuff that is not work or home making.

For the Brits the third place is the Pub, for Europeans it could be a coffee bar or restaurant, for the characters in Friends it is Central Perk.

So the message from Sony with the PS2, was that the console would be your third place, the place you would go when you weren't at work and didn't want to go home.

I hope Sony will get back to their 'Do Not Underestimate The Power of PlayStation' campaign, loved the first European commercials of that one. :)

Thanks Nick,

now I can close one of my personal X-Files. Seriously, I dont know anyone firsthand who could give you an explaination for it ;)

Nick Laslett said:
Npl said:
Jawed said:
I dint understand the "Welcome to the third place" Slogan either

Quick explanation of the Third Place campaign. It was based on a well known theory put forward by sociologists in the early 90's.

The theory goes like this:

1st place is your home
2nd place is where you work
3rd place is where you go to relax, unwind, recharge your batteries, do stuff that is not work or home making.

For the Brits the third place is the Pub, for Europeans it could be a coffee bar or restaurant, for the characters in Friends it is Central Perk.

So the message from Sony with the PS2, was that the console would be your third place, the place you would go when you weren't at work and didn't want to go home.

I hope they only use this campaign overseas cause in America it will be read as "welcome to third place"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back