Did anyone think the GC can do a game like RE4 in realtime?

G

The scene on the airship moving around bars and stairs is pretty impressive enough in terms of modeling and smoothnesss. I would have to say however, that the hallway scene is far beyond what I thought even xbox could do. I can't wait to see the more house based stuff, chairs, tables, stairways and the hallways similar to the one in the movie. Going by the hallway scene that's where this game will shock.

It towers above rogue leader and star fox that's for sure.

it is all realtime, and its not really beyond what the Xbox can do, if the lights were turned up it wouldnt look so good, that is just less detail and a lot of great texture work. In a way you can call it smoke and Mirrors.

so chap = dxp969 on Gaming Age forums. :p

http://ga.gamesquad.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2716

To answer your question - of course I thought it could. RE4 looks awesome, That video showcased excellent art direction, modeling, animation, lighting, texture work and scene setup. However, I think there are games that are technically more advanced than it is. I don't see any kind of complex uniform lighting or shadowing, complex pixel/texture effects, etc in that video.

Where can I find RE4 screenshots and stuff? I've seen lots of RE0 stuff, and it looks very good but the backgrounds are prerendered. Is RE4 all done in real time?

Yup, i thought it could do it, and far more than that actually... I expect that thru use of art, clever technics, etc... by the end of this h/w gen some of the last games will surpass the xbox games, maybe not technically, but enough to make the average xboy fall flat in their face when arguing in favor of the xbox gphx with a casual gamer.

Why do I expect this?
Because I believe the big N has better dev.s and artists, and in the end they will prevail!!!

zidane1strife said:
Yup, i thought it could do it, and far more than that actually... I expect that thru use of art, clever technics, etc... by the end of this h/w gen some of the last games will surpass the xbox games, maybe not technically, but enough to make the average xboy fall flat in their face when arguing in favor of the xbox gphx with a casual gamer.

Why do I expect this?
Because I believe the big N has better dev.s and artists, and in the end they will prevail!!!

Show me a Gamecube game that looks better than Halo2 or Doom3 and I will "fall flat on my face". lol.

Show me a Gamecube game that looks better than Halo2 or Doom3 and I will "fall flat on my face". lol.

If capcom(Cheap) got this out of the cube.... its very telling of the power of the cube.

Not to mention Halo 2 and Doom 3 ain't in a so called other league or anything like that.

zidane1strife said:

If capcom(Cheap) got this out of the cube.... its very telling of the power of the cube.

Not to mention Halo 2 and Doom 3 ain't in a so called other league or anything like that.

So the 'Cube has "better devs and better artists", and yet it is "cheap" so you can't expect games to look as good?

Casual gamers dont give a flying f*ck about graphics anyways... just look at all the people who play "The Sims", or who still play PS1 games. Just about anyone will eventually fall flat on their face trying to argue graphics with casual gamers, if only in frustration after the 4th time they confuse realtime graphics with a prerendered cutscene.

"Why doesn't Halo look as good as the movies in Final Fantasy 7?"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH *whump*

So the 'Cube has "better devs and better artists", and yet it is "cheap" so you can't expect games to look as good?

Capcom is cheap, other dev.s(cube has good japanesse dev. support) , and Nintendo itself + it's second parties are very good.

Show me a XBox game that looks as good as Halo 2 or Doom3 ;)

In other words neither of those games are out, or even close, so its pointless to compare future XBox games to present GameCube games. We haven't seen allot of the future GameCube games yet, I can't wait to see what Factor 5 have up there sleeves, they say its a Halo 2 beater, we'll have to see, they certainly are incredibly good technically, maybe better then any other dev.

Teasy said:

Show me a XBox game that looks as good as Halo 2 or Doom3 ;)

In other words neither of those games are out, or even close, so its pointless to compare future XBox games to present GameCube games. We haven't seen allot of the future GameCube games yet, I can't wait to see what Factor 5 have up there sleeves, they say its a Halo 2 beater, we'll have to see, they certainly are incredibly good technically, maybe better then any other dev.

Show me a gamecube game that looks as good as resi 4. this could go on for a while

Show me a gamecube game that looks as good as resi 4. this could go on for a while

Yes it could if anyone was actually comparing Res Evil 4 to an XBox game like someone did with Halo2 and GameCube. But nobody did that AFAICS.

Teasy said:

Yes it could if anyone was actually comparing Res Evil 4 to an XBox game like someone did with Halo2 and GameCube. But nobody did that AFAICS.

It was obviously implied

CaptainHowdy said:
it is all realtime, and its not really beyond what the Xbox can do, if the lights were turned up it wouldnt look so good, that is just less detail and a lot of great texture work. In a way you can call it smoke and Mirrors.

You can't say that!!!!!
Ps: hallo to all the forum!!!!!

Back