Namco & From Software unveil Xbox 360 games

gurgi said:
I almost went crosseyed from inconsistent texture detail in this shot heh.
Great googly-moogly! They take pains to try to make the sidewalk look decent, but make brick walls like THAT! :oops: :?

Johnny Awesome said:
Namco is terrible. They just don't make compelling games anymore.

I tend to disagree, they have a very strong RPG line, and games such as Katamari Damacy and Namco VS Capcom is are sublime.

Many more pics for Frame City were released

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20050722/fc.htm

fc06.jpg

fc09.jpg

fc11.jpg

fc17.jpg

fc18.jpg

fc23.jpg

fc36.jpg

fc39.jpg

fc44.jpg

fc46.jpg

fc51.jpg

fc55.jpg

Just for info, rumours have been going about that a new multi-platform Ridge Racer will be announced come Monday at the MS conference in Japan. The difference being that this 'rumour' has received hinting nods from so many 'insiders' that it has been elevated to the status of 'prophecy'.

Just don't blame me if this isn't true. :p

The art direction of this game is still abysmally bad, no doubts.
fc06.jpg

What's up with the not up to scale brick texture on the wall.
And why would a wall, in the downtown of a futuristic city, have visible bricks like this... The art director/coordinator should be shot.

I think they are trying to get this to be a launch title. In which case I don't think we can fault it too much. A GTA-like virtual city is a very challenging project, and they are still on beta kits.

Vysez said:
What's up with the not up to scale brick texture on the wall.
And why would a wall, in the downtown of a futuristic city, have visible bricks like this... The art director/coordinator should be shot.

The brick wall looks more like a video screen to me just because the text looks...not spray painted. Anyhoo... it looks quite out of place though.

3roxor said:
Why does everything look so cornery :? Doesn't look very nextgen.

did you mean corny? or has a lot of corners? ;) :p

I don't like the look myself but for the scope of the game (GTA-like) I'll wait to see it in motion.

It certainly looks MUCH better than GTA on current gen.

3roxor said:
Why does everything look so cornery :? Doesn't look very nextgen.
Technically it's not that bad for a free roaming game, add to this the fact that it's a launch (or close) title.
What's bad is clearly the overall art direction. It just look... Bad.

Maybe we are selling free roaming cities a bit short too early...

Has anyone taken a look at Saints Row on the X360?

It appears to be a fairly well put together free roaming city that looks good to me. The vids and pics I've seen are on Ign from E3 when devs still only had alpha kits and had even less time to get things up to snuff.

Perhaps it's not a bad thing to expect Frame City will look better in the end or at least it's not the bar for how good games with free roaming city will look like.

Really I dont kow I people think that this looks bad, each thing looks at least as good as D3 and last gen of games in XB, but there is a lot,lot more of things in the screen (plus 25%+ early in devlopment....).

did you mean corny? or has a lot of corners? ;) :p

I don't know how to express it correctly. Just look at those wheels on that forklift for example. I hope nobody has to drive that thing because your ass is gonna hurt :!: :LOL: Bottomline is I think it looks like the game is made out of building blocks. The graphic textures and all look next gen though.

Yea I don't get what you guys are complaining about either re: looks, looks pretty next gen. to me considering it'll have GTA-esque "levels"/world.

Must be the art direction and/or beta dev kit issues, not my type of game but lets wait and see...

agreed I think these pics look VERY next gen I mean someone post some pics of GTA:3 there's no comparison.

^^^LOL

If you're such a artistic elitist you'll probably end up hating all next gen. games as all of them do this to one extent or another.

Forget frame suckage, eNCHANT arM is far more interesting to me than another GTA clone.

sc105_mp.jpg

Gogo gothic lolita stereotype!!

But seriously, it's sad that the official homepage only has low-res screenshots, some actually look very nice:
sc204_mp.jpg
sc202_mp.jpg

sc304_mp.jpg
sc104_mp.jpg

Back