GHOST RECON 3!

marconelly! said:
Not in that one shot. Everything looks weirly unshadowed in it, so maybe his theory about special scope is correct.
I see shadows in both screens. They are fairly sharp in number 2 and very diffuse in the last one.

Brimstone said:
This is my most wanted game at launch for the 360. I love the Tom Clancy games. UBI does everything right for the most part when it comes making them. Top notch gameplay, good art direction and level design, immersive sound, and good controls (excellent utilization of force feedback).

Already on Xbox Ghost Recon 2 is solid, but now with 720p widescreen with full A.A., the 360 version of Ghost Recon 3 is just going to totally rock.
Are you on crack?
i play GR all the time , all UBI has done is reck the GR for PC over and over. And it looks like crap on the console, the PS 2 was one bigg jaggie mess. the same glitchs are in the xbox version of GR2 as in the original GR for PC, UBI blows. The cancel GR2 for PC and give the maps and extra game play to the Xbox this summer and say all will be good with GR3. Pifft.... Redstorm is the poor dev who got bought up by UBI and made the game a arcade style. Gr1 is still so much better than any of the console ports... err now its console to PC... i dont have much faith in UBI.

HappyBread said:
What does it say about God of War 2 and Wipeout PS3 cybamerc?
GoW2: According to reliable rumors SCES Santa Monica is working on GoW2. No word on whether it's in development for PS2 or PS3.

Wipeout: They've heard rumors about a Wipeout title for PS3 launch. PSP connectivity is also rumored.

Eagle-Vision said:
WTH are you talking about? BF2 looks way better than that thing.

This is just my opinion (looks are subjective) but here is why I disagree.

(Shot 1)
a. Motion blur.
b. MUCH higher detailed character (poly and textures)
c. Better explosion effect
d. Large sky scrapers (have not seen anything that detailed in BF2 yet)
(Shot 2)
e. Better trees (more colorful, more detailed; palm tree looks like a palm tree, the little sapling looks like it should)
f. the street/courtyard looks like it should, with decent shadows and light poles
g. Appears to have very detailed city
(Shot 3)
h. great looking shadows
i. nice cloudy particle effects
j. lighting (HDR?)
k. very detailed texturework, as seen on the wall
(Shot 4)
l. Appears to have very high poly open environment (trees with landscaping e.g.)

If these are in game I would have to say, in my opinion, they are a huge step up from BF2. Especially shot 3 if you comare it to BF2 ground combat. I used BF2 as a comparison because it has a HL2 rendering feel--which along with FC and D3 is some of the best we have seen on Top End PCs. And they are both military games. Now BF2 has a lot of vehicles and such and larger maps... so not a total apples-to-apples comparison.

But to my, comparing all the BF2 movies/pics (I have seen them all... I already have BF2 preordered and still play BF1942/DC) I have to say this is WAY more impressive visually. The characters are mjuch more detailed (no blocks for heads!) and seem to have a higher color pallete. The shadowing and lighting really are a lot better and it seems to capture a more realistic feeling.

BF2 looks very similar to CS:S. Those are good looking games, but if you put a CS:S pic next to these you would laugh. CS:S looks like a cartoon next to these. That is my opinion of course. It can change upon seeing this in action... but still shot to still shot I give a huge edge to GR 3... and I only played the first game once and did not like it.

marconelly! said:
That shot is through a special "scope". If you look through an infrared scope, you don't see light that is normally visible to the naked eye, so you don't see the shadows (the absence of light) from it either.
Oh, OK. It looks like a regular day shot to me though, nothing like those infrared/green/gray googles. You can see the colors, texture, etc in that shot and for that you need light, no?
Yeah, but the special HUD and the outlined guy indicate that it's an enhanced viewing mode.

Just got finished watching the MTV special. The brief footage of GR3 looked really smoking. UBI needs to release some video ASAP.

Higher quality pics from Teamxbox.

1115928640.jpg

1115928641.jpg

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/8234/Tom-Clancys-Ghost-Recon-3-Xbox-360-Screens/

Back