GHOST RECON 3!

:drool:

If those are ingame... :oops: It says First Xbox 360 screens, and it looks like a REAL hud... I am having a hard time beliving it though. It looks a ton better than BF2, which in turn has a HL2 feel in a large world. Wow!

This is my most wanted game at launch for the 360. I love the Tom Clancy games. UBI does everything right for the most part when it comes making them. Top notch gameplay, good art direction and level design, immersive sound, and good controls (excellent utilization of force feedback).

Already on Xbox Ghost Recon 2 is solid, but now with 720p widescreen with full A.A., the 360 version of Ghost Recon 3 is just going to totally rock.

Looks OK. Still not nearly as good as I was hoping for next gen. Those threes look crappy, there's not even shadow maps for them. Charcters shadowing is completely missing in some shots (although look pretty good in that one screen.)

I won't translate the whole thing.

Page 1:

You should be able to understand the specs. They confirm the recent leak. Nothing really new here. The camera apparently record in 720p which is very impressive since it'll likely be cheap.

J Allard: Blah blah blah (literal translation)

Peter Moore:
- goal for Xbox Live is at least 2 million users
- nothing new on SquareEnix support but he says that he'll be surprised if there's a company not developing for Xbox 360 (yeah right!)
- Joanna Dark is a new mascot character for them

Launches fist in the States. 7-10 days later in Europe. December in Japan

No price yet. Announcement first in October or November. Expected: 10-16 titles at launch. 40 within 6 months. M$ is preparing PD0, Kameo and PGR3 for launch.

Page 2:

Confirms leaked Xbox Live info.

Video chat and stupid media center visions.

They expect 50% of all Xbox 360 users to go Live.

Page 3:

Two fans in the unit. The second one isn't used when watching DVDs for example.

Joypad: wireless, uses two rechargable AA batteries, charges via USB

The big button in the middle is called "the ring of light". It indicated which controller you have and if you new Live messages. You can switch between the game and the dashboard with it.

Game list:
Dimitri - rumors that it's coming out for 360
Gears of War - best looking 360 game
NBA2k6 - next best looking game
Halo 3 - confirmed, expect it out this year (release is speculation)
Elder Scrolls 4 - coming out this year

Nothing else of interest.

Page 4:

Who cares...

marconelly! said:
Looks OK. Still not nearly as good as I was hoping for next gen. Those threes look crappy, there's not even shadow maps for them. Charcters shadowing is completely missing in some shots (although look pretty good in that one screen.)

Already online Ghost Recon is an amazing experience. It's only going to get more immsersive, which to me is just incredible.

Now somone leak some movies of Ghost Recon 3 in action!

I'm sure it'll be a great game for the fans of the series. I'm just saying the revealed games so far don't quite match my eexpectations for the next gen (not saying they look bad or anything, just not really at all that great as I was hoping). I have the same sentiment about DOA4 screens, and even that one screen of 99 nights.

marconelly! said:
Those threes look crappy, there's not even shadow maps for them. Charcters shadowing is completely missing in some shots (although look pretty good in that one screen.)
That shot is through a special "scope". If you look through an infrared scope, you don't see light that is normally visible to the naked eye, so you don't see the shadows (the absence of light) from it either.

Geez, what did some of you people expect? The pictures we're getting certainly are showing a huge leap in visual quality over this generation.

What really gets me is that MS is certainly planning on having a rather large launch library.

Thanks to cybamerc for the translation, but can you clarify something for me? The two statements about Xbox live? Seems they said they want 2 million subscribers (double what they have now?) and then go on to say they want half of all Xbox users to be Live Users.

Are they only expecting to sell 4 million units or do those quotes make sense some other way?

RancidLunchmeat said:
Are they only expecting to sell 4 million units or do those quotes make sense some other way?
Hehe... well, one is a stated goal while the other is wishful thinking.

cybamerc said:
RancidLunchmeat said:
Hehe... well, one is a stated goal while the other is wishful thinking.

I was thinking that the 2 million was for gold level Live! members and the half was for number of people who played on live total, including Silver members.

That shot is through a special "scope". If you look through an infrared scope, you don't see light that is normally visible to the naked eye, so you don't see the shadows (the absence of light) from it either.
Oh, OK. It looks like a regular day shot to me though, nothing like those infrared/green/gray googles. You can see the colors, texture, etc in that shot and for that you need light, no?

a688 said:
I was thinking that the 2 million was for gold level Live! members and the half was for number of people who played on live total, including Silver members.
It doesn't say.

Peter Moore: "Xbox Live must have over 2 million users this time. At least."

Page 2: "Microsoft expects that up to 50% of all buyers who invest in an Xbox 360 will also go online via Xbox Live..."

There are shadow maps for the trees. The bright spots are where the shadows stop. I don't think the game has global shadowing though.

There are shadow maps for the trees. The bright spots are where the shadows stop. I don't think the game has global shadowing though.
Not in that one shot. Everything looks weirly unshadowed in it, so maybe his theory about special scope is correct.

a688 said:

That sounds realistic. Official numbers estimate 215M broadband customers world wide by the end of 2005 (155M at the beginning of this year, 34M in the US) and ~270M by the end of 2006. Since customers with broadband are 1. more into technology and 2. have more disposable income they line up well with the type of people who will buy a console. Expecting 50% to eventually get online as not a leap when you are looking at a console that will possibly sell between 20-50M untis (20M b eing how many X1s sold in 4 years, 50M is about equal to the 35% given by stock investors recently when looking at the total consoles expected to be sold this gen). Even if they go on the high side of 50M, the US alone is looking at close to 50M broadband customers by the end of 2005 alone.

If you calculate in the effect of cable companies offering free long distance with VoIP we could see even more growth. My question is: What will MS/Sony/Nintendo do to make online gaming FUN. 50% will require that people WANT to play online. Right now with the cheating, poor sportsmanship, and the fact some people are not good at competitive games I see it as a turn off to many. On the PC a handful of people rule servers and the other 30 or 40 players are fodder. MS needs to offer up some games that appeal to the non-elite gamers if they want to hit 50%. Until then online is the testing grounds for those who are good at games (which honestly is a smaller percentage of gamers).

Acert93 said:
:drool:

If those are ingame... :oops: It says First Xbox 360 screens, and it looks like a REAL hud... I am having a hard time beliving it though. It looks a ton better than BF2, which in turn has a HL2 feel in a large world. Wow!
WTH are you talking about? BF2 looks way better than that thing.

Back