DOA4 screens

Evil_Cloud said:
The big question is who leaked the screenshots, I am guessing an outsider.
Leaked them? They were available on Tecmo's own FTP for members of the media! These are official screens that went up too early.

Evil_Cloud said:
Check above posts, the footage isn't from DOA4...

It is, the shots were on Tecmo's FTP site, under a folder labelled DOA4. I believe the folder is still there, just the screens are gone.

I don't think they'd be showing this if it was just DOAU test engine running at high res.

The screens look very little different from previous xbox DOA pr screens. I'm sure if the average gamer was shown them side by side he couldn't tell which one was for xbox and which for xbox360.
Hell, even the things on that market stand are just blurrish textures! Next gen they should at least be bumpmapped :LOL:

Of course if the game actually looks on your HD-Era monitor 95% like the shots, I'll be happier.

The model detail is about what I expect from first gen next gen xbox360 (fighter) titles, and the texture resolution.
It's just the art seems to be the limiter what they can do with the DOA game, the characters still look dolly but as that is probably their intention, fine.
Also the lighting looks very this gen.

They'll have hard time marketing the xbox360 as a true next gen console, but they only have themselves to blame. They shouldn't have promoed the xbox games with super AA highres pr shots that looked more like shots we'll get from this gen games.

Those shots look just too "clear" and "sharp", as if they were told to make them look as much HD-Era as possible and they just made them stand out too much by blurring the background so that the characters look very clear and sharp, fooling the eye that they look "dynamic" and "W:oops: W HD!!! "

ninjagaiden_TGS_092703_02.jpg
ninjagaiden_TGS_092703_04.jpg

Hopefully Xbox 360 will be capable of this with its 2nd, 3rd or at least 4th generation games.

Over at GA one of the fishie has apparently been in contact with Temco. This is the reply

"We dont know where those screens originated from, please dont post them.
They are not official, not indicative of the games and at this point we cant comment on what we are doing for either XBox or XBox2.
Official assets will be available as well as lots of information at E3, and again these screens do not come from us."

Seems they don't know whats that are uploading to there own websites. There are further post that the screens are not indcative of what they (Temco) are prodcuing and arefrom a early produvtion.

Megadrive1988 said:
Hopefully Xbox 360 will be capable of this with its 2nd, 3rd or at least 4th generation games.

Are these from NG FMV scenes?

I think that is the stuff we WONT be seeing this gen at all. Just look at the self shadowing: it looks per-pixel and is soft/diffuse. Look at the tricept or the shoulder pad area. The detailed shadowing is very very nice. The lighting is not the overblown HDR we saw in FC, but clearly shows intense ranges where you would expect it (e.g. on the ninjas the thighs, forarms, back). The models are pretty high poly count, exellent texture detail, dof blur, and so forth. The fire in the BG on the second pic looks very good also.

Obviously this could be backed on and such; but to get these types of shots interactive wont happen this gen IMO. I would love to be wrong, but if you look at high end GPUs they struggle with lighting and shadowing. Ray Casting, Ray Tracing, Global Illumination, etc... I believe are effects beyond the ability of this gens hardware. I would love to see effects like the shots show, but from what I have seen I wont hold my breath. I would love to be proven wrong though!

Pugger said:
Over at GA one of the fishie has apparently been in contact with Temco. This is the reply

"We dont know where those screens originated from, please dont post them.
They are not official, not indicative of the games and at this point we cant comment on what we are doing for either XBox or XBox2.
Official assets will be available as well as lots of information at E3, and again these screens do not come from us."

Seems they don't know whats that are uploading to there own websites. There are further post that the screens are not indcative of what they (Temco) are prodcuing and arefrom a early produvtion.

That explanation seems fishy to me, pun intended :oops: Like you say, funny how they don't know what's going up on their own site..

It'll be interesting to see if the media released later is any different from this. Or if they release any at all now. They might be too busy "controlling" "damage" :(

Despite the quality of the screens and the "wow" factor, I think this could look quite impressive in motion. There seems to be an aweful lot going on in the background...

obviously not recent pics. The console isn't called zenon. It's called xbox 360. I wouldn't be suprised if these shots weren't 4 or 6 months old and taken on early hardware.

AH! I knew it couldnt be. They just put the old game engine on the Xbox 360 and started make "experiments" with the gameplay, almost like Pre PRoduction while didnt have the Next Gen engine Up and running.

I mean for Christ Sakes, look at DOa3 on the Xbox, look at DOa Ultimate and Ng, do you guys honestly think that the same Dev would put such a weak visual show on the Xbox360? Just a quick glance at the Specs and even a fool could be sure that Team Ninja with their track Record, would with ease make Graphics much better looking than those screens.

Team Ninja would just *puf* and loose its Graphics Whore Bug?

therealskywolf said:
AH! I knew it couldnt be. They just put the old game engine on the Xbox 360 and started make "experiments" with the gameplay, almost like Pre PRoduction while didnt have the Next Gen engine Up and running..

Maybe this is who J Allard was referring to when they got a Xbox game up and running on Xbox 360 HW in 6 weeks time?

Acert93 said:
therealskywolf said:
AH! I knew it couldnt be. They just put the old game engine on the Xbox 360 and started make "experiments" with the gameplay, almost like Pre PRoduction while didnt have the Next Gen engine Up and running..

Maybe this is who J Allard was referring to when they got a Xbox game up and running on Xbox 360 HW in 6 weeks time?

Well maybe, at 1st i tought it was RARE and KAmeo, but if you think about it, there wouldnt be much glory if a 1st party Dev with more inside knowlgedge about the system did that.

If we think about it, J allard is alll about the 3rd Party Devs, and the tools for them and what not. So for him being bragging about it, it must mean that some 3rd party Developer got their Xbox game up and running on the Xbox360 in 6 weeks time, obviouslly because the tools that MS is providing are soo sick. Thats how that guy thinks.

So yeah there's a very high probability that this is it, i mean Tecmo wouldnt just be saying that those Screens were not indicative of the game.....hell E3 is right around the corner it would be bad for them to say "They dont represent the quality...." and then some days after......understand? If they were, they would just say "No comments"

Notice how they also give a hint about this..... "not indicative of the games and at this point we cant comment on what we are doing for either XBox or XBox2. "

See? They mention the Xbox, wich means that this may not be Doa4 for the Xbox 360....who knows!?
;)

I don't think they would dream of showing it off yet if that scenario were true (simple port, no real dev time etc.)...

And why would they have 3 or 4 month old screens for E3?

How about those NG shots?

The backgrounds aren't as nice as in DOA, since they have to be loaded as you move through the levels, but for people not into fighters, it looks to have nice graphics for an action game.

Titanio said:
I don't think they would dream of showing it off yet if that scenario were true (simple port, no real dev time etc.)...

And why would they have 3 or 4 month old screens for E3?

As i said:

Tecmo says : " They are not official, not indicative of the game" Wich means that this screenshots arent DOA4, if they were they would just say "No comments".

Then they say: "and at this point we cant comment on what we are doing for either XBox or XBox2."

Get it? This is supposed to be about a Xbox360 game, however he also mentions Xbox, wich means that they are denying that this is DOa4 for the Xbox 360 BUT they arent denying that it is a game for the Xbox. I bet that if you go ahead and ask them if this is from a new xbox game.....they will just simply answer "No comments".

I bet its a game for both of them and all they did for the x360 was to add higher res textures and slap more polygons on the screen .

They figure they shove it out at launch and make a quick buck ;)

Back